• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Tell Us About Your SCREEN NAME and AVATAR...

Ummm nothing special. I live in Tennessee, I have a Springfield XD 40 service model in stainless bi-tone and I carry it everyday thus the name tnxdshooter.

Sent from Droid Incredible on Verizon Wireless

Sn3aKyGuY said:
Yea, I'm for sure psyched for MW3. Let's hope its not just another MW1 copy like 2 was. All the E3 footage I've seen from it is promising though. I was thinking about picking up CoD:Black Ops last night, but that's $60 I could spend on ammo ... so decisions decisions. :lol: I work graveyard though so I have lots of free time by myself on my days off and cops tend to show up at gunshots at the wee hours. I play 360 though, so I won't be pwning you anytime soon. ;)

Ive most quit playing black ops to many damned lag switching cheaters on there that it is basically no fun anymore.

Sent from Droid Incredible on Verizon Wireless

CrackerKen said:
so, I am a "cracker."

As in the cracker cowboys and the whips they carried which made the distinct "crack"ing sound! Hispanic descent werent they?

Do you do any riding?

Rossignol said:
CrackerKen said:
so, I am a "cracker."

As in the cracker cowboys and the whips they carried which made the distinct "crack"ing sound! Hispanic descent werent they?

Do you do any riding?

Yep, that's where the term started, but it evolved to being a designation for FL natives over the years, especially country folk, which is where my roots are. All sides of my family go back 4 or more generations in FL, and my dads side goes back to the pioneer days of FL.

I don't ride - never have. My uncle ran a ranch when I was a kid, but he took care of business, for the most part, from trucks. I used to go bird and rabbit hunting on the ranch when I was a teenager, with my old Mossberg 185KA. I've been a city dweller most of my life, but I identify with old FL.

A lot of the "cracker cowboys" were just white folk, or early FL pioneers. Some might have been Hispanic, not sure. There was one cracker cowboy with my last name, who may have been distant kin, who became a FL legend, and someone wrote a book about him. My great grandfather was killed in an ambush by a deputy sheriff, suspecting him of cutting fence in a dispute over open range cattle when landowners started using fence.

Dang, theres a good deal of very interesting history in there!

Looks like this might be a good time to jump in. I have been lurking around the different firearms forums for some time. Recently I have shown quite an interest n .22’s. Been considering Mossberg and have been looking for information. I have a model 500 shot gun but no rifles. Hard to beat the Mossberg shot guns.

My avatar is the unit patch for the Army’s Americal division. I served with A Co. 4/21, 11th Bde. in Vietnam 1970 – 1971. That is also where my screen name came from. The “War Lords” was the name one of the helicopter units used. They were an awesome group and I always respected them. No matter what the situation was, if the SHTF (bad weather or enemy fire), they would still come.

In about 1973 or so CB radios were the rave and I chose War Lord as my “handle”.

My signature, “Americal, We Kill Folks” was a saying my platoon (4th) used. We thought we were pretty bad ass at the time and we let people know. Now, may be not so much!

So that’s the story. Looks like I can pick up a lot of valuable information from this forum.

Thanks to all.

Welcome aboard!

Thanks for sharing and for your service. We look forward to seeing you around the forum. Let us know if you have any questions...

War Lord, Thanks for your service man, still sounds pretty bad ass to me! Much respect goes out to you and yours.

War Lord - Welcome from another newbie around here, and thanks for your service. The amount of good info and helpful people around here is amazing.

My screen name is from my business, The avatar is from my ammo, I decided to use the brass headstamp of a 12ga, since I have one. I took a picture of it cropped it, and used it.

Not to much history in my screen name, tho! I am a 20 year military Vet. Have been involved with firearms ever since. As far as my Avatar kind of represents my philosophy on tough jobs at hand.
:evil: "Go in with your head on fire" :twisted: and let god sort them out.

Me in my younger days stationed in Turkey close to the border of Iraq and Iran. With down time on my hands, what a better way to spend it hunting black russian boars. :D :D :D

Attachments

• 246924_1771316731637_1500835695_31485794_3379929_n.jpg
    246924_1771316731637_1500835695_31485794_3379929_n.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 268
My screen name is my real name and my avatar comes from this creepy cat video saw on YouTube a while back. I thought it was cool.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AugokGp84FA[/youtube]

War Lord said:
My avatar is the unit patch for the Army’s Americal division. I served with A Co. 4/21, 11th Bde. in Vietnam 1970 – 1971. That is also where my screen name came from. The “War Lords” was the name one of the helicopter units used. They were an awesome group and I always respected them. No matter what the situation was, if the SHTF (bad weather or enemy fire), they would still come.
Welcome home, my Brother. I was in the Army's 1st Brigade, 5th Infantry Division (Mechanized) in Vietnam 1969-1970. We were on loan to the USMC and came under Command and Control of the 3rd Marine Division. Operated with them from the Khe Sahn Plains to the South China Sea along the DMZ. The vacation spot of South Vietnam. :lol:
My screen name was my nickname back then. I have no avatar 'cause I'm just an ignorant old geezer who doesn't know how to post one. :mrgreen:

CrackerKen said:
gman079 - Welcome!

Did they let you butcher and eat those hogs? Lots of good ribs and roast there. :D

Yep!! quartered him took it back to the unit and every one had bbq roast beast!!! for dinner.

Hey BigAl!!! Thanks man for your service to our country, and if you have a pic you like, get it in an email and we'll set it up for you!!! :D

Back