• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

The Boondock Saints

Rossignol

The Original Sheriff
Global Moderator
Sponsor
So the Duce was their dad?

I only just watched it, I hadnt seen it before. Its violent and theres a lot of language, but I liked the movie.

I like the premise too.

The second one is pretty good too. It tells the back-story on the Duke and how he got to prison, etc. Pretty funny too...

Rossignol if you liked the first you'll like" All Saints Day" too.
Spetsnaz Shovel, how did you manage that I would love to have something like that hanging in my house that's really sweet. I have the Prayer on my wall in the bedroom.

That prayer is awesome!

I'll look into the other movies too! Thanks for the recommendations!

tripawdgunner said:
Rossignol if you liked the first you'll like" All Saints Day" too.
Spetsnaz Shovel, how did you manage that I would love to have something like that hanging in my house that's really sweet. I have the Prayer on my wall in the bedroom.

I ordered them from the Boondock saints store about 3 years ago bought them on black friday so got them for a deal. Also have a poster of the brothers with the prayer but not hung yet due to needing a custom frame made.

DroidX Tapatalk

Yeah. They are a hoot

One of my favorite moments in movie history is when one of the brothers has a stare down with the bartender with Tourettes syndrome in the Second Movie. "Not this time, ya little s**t." :lol:

That and Romeo asking if his guns make him look gay :lol: :lol: [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsGZJmBDIjk&feature=related[/youtube]

that is an awesome movie. and just so we're all on the same page for future ref it's Il Duce (el dooch-ay) not the duke.

the second movie's good...but nothing in comparison to the first...that is the most bad ass movie evar!

RipJack, I've heard similarly that the second wasnt as good, especially given the popularity of the first.

Another good one way back when, when Quentin Tarintino was a total nOOb, was Resevoir Dogs. I'm not into blood and graphic violence, but the plot, the twists and turns and the drama were excellent!

ripjack13 said:
that is an awesome movie. and just so we're all on the same page for future ref it's Il Duce (el dooch-ay) not the duke.

the second movie's good...but nothing in comparison to the first...that is the most bad ass movie evar!

I don't know. They're both great in their own way. I love Julie Benz trying to one up Dafoe's performance in the first one. Some of her Walkthroughs at crime scenes were great. The more Billy Connolly the better.

The first one was a better movie. The second one was a great Boondocks Saints movie if that makes any sense. The first one was so fresh and different. I'll never forget Dafoe's first scene.

I haven't seen the first one, but the second "Smokin' Aces" movie would probably be enjoyed by most Boondock Saints fans too

ripjack13 said:
and just so we're all on the same page for future ref it's Il Duce (el dooch-ay) not the duke.

Sorry rip, that was me ad-libbing.

The English title of Duke is derived from the Italian 'Il Duce'. I could have sworn there was a scene in the movie where the old, blind Italian man in the bathroom referred to him as "The Duke". Either way, you're right. He was 'Il Duce'...

3 Days in the Valley > Resivoir Dogs. But Dogs is great in its own right.

I think have watched BDS over at least 1000 times.....its that good.

My bad...you are correct about the duke reference.....silly me. :)

I've actually watched BDS three times in the last two weeks, haha!

I have them both on blu-ray, but I'll watch it everytime it comes on TV too.

Dang, you guys are hardcore! Its been out for along time, and I only JUST saw it!

I really like Dafoe and Connolly, well heck, the other two guys too! Excellent characters, but I've liked DaFoe since Platoon, I saw that when I was ... uhh... I dunno, i was pretty young like around 10 or 11.

In fact there was a scene in BDS that reminded me very much of the scene of his character dying in Platoon, when the helicopters leave without him as he is running out of the jungle.

Yup, he was reinacting the shooting in the yard in front of the house where the brothers got all shot up....fell to his knees, hands in the air screaming, fired off a couple rounds. I think they may have done that on purpose, kind of an homage to Platoon...

YEP! Thats the one!

I kinda wondered if that was the significance of the scene, to purposely look like the scene from Platoon. Its that close, nearly identical in some aspects.

Did you know that scene in platoon was sposta have bullets and blood shooting out of his chest. The squibs malfunctioned but the cost of redoing the scene wasn't in the budget and the director left it as it was....

ripjack13 said:
the cost of redoing the scene wasn't in the budget

...because of all the explosions in the background, fly-overs with simulated napalm drops, etc. correct?

blue said:
Yeah. They are a hoot

One of my favorite moments in movie history is when one of the brothers has a stare down with the bartender with Tourettes syndrome in the Second Movie. "Not this time, ya little s**t." :lol:

Hell yeah, that was an awesome scene!

blue said:
That and Romeo asking if his guns make him look gay :lol: :lol:

I loved that one too.

Clifton Collins did a GREAT job in his role.

Back