• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Shotguns: non-Mossberg

Re: Magpul Shotgun

So it looks to be a line of accessories for the Rem 870 only at this point. I wonder if they're going to expand into other brands/platforms down the road? I love their gear and it'd be great to try some out on my Mossbergs...

Thank you for the heads up. If they expand to Mossberg I'm gonna be all over it.

I found a very nice 870 setup on flicker that uses a Magpul M93 (Now being made as the Ergo F93) buttstock, an extended top rail, and other Mesa Tactical accessories that I would like to use as a template for a new build.

Here's a link
http://www.flickr.com/photos/impulselabs/3897723438/

I think the only thing I would change is use an aimtech warhammer and extend the top rail to the end of the barrel, and an Ergo suregrip instead of the MAID.

Savage/Stevens SXS .410

I have found a couple of older Savage/Stevens .410 SxS shotguns for sale. For an out of production, production gun they are carrying a fairly hefty price tag of 4-5 hundred bucks. Worth it or not? I've always wanted a .410 SxS but most .410 SxS's I have found are high grade and priced accordingly.

Re: Savage/Stevens SXS .410

I Love shooting .410 at skeet but the gun prices can get extremely high.

I have been shooting my wifes :shock: (HA HA HA) Christmas present 500E.
I really love shooting a pump for Skeet

I really like shooting a .410 as well... cant advise on price though. Sorry.

I'm headed in to town tomorrow and if I get the time will stop by and have another look.

Never shot skeet with a .410 bet it's a challenge. I have shot trap with a Mossberg 12 ga. riot shotgun. Took sixth place out of 60. It was a benifit shoot sponsored by local law enforcement. I use to shoot competitively, but have gotten away from it in the last few years. There is a large trap and sheet complex about ten miles down the road. May just have to get out and shoot a few rounds.

The .410's are neat little shotguns. I have a 500E and I won't part with it. But have to say the .410 SxS is a good looking shotgun.

I bet it is a sweet gun! It really sounds like it would be fun to shoot and hunt with!

Oooh, I know! If you go to visit it, you should get a couple pics for us!

I own 2 stevens shotguns.

Both are good, but honestly, prices have risen on them in general the last 2 years or so.

I don't have any experience with the SXS models, but I will tell you that .410 shells cost more than 12 gauge if you plan to feed it a lot. I actually enjoy hunting with a 410 sometimes. They shoot just like any other shotgun, just dont' have the distance that a 12 or 16 gauge does.

Yeah, the cost of .410 shells is definitely up there!!! We usually spend around $11 to $13 for 20 or 25 depending on 00, 000, or birdshot. We'll often ask for them as a gift! :lol:

Agree! .410 shells are on the spendy side, You'd think with the popularity of the Taurus Judge and the renewed interest in the .410 that comes along with it, there would be a corresponding drop in the price of .410 shells. Availability and selection has gotten better, but the price is still up there.

.410 shells as Gifts, I'll have to remember that one!

I had though the same thing, expecting the price to come down, especially as you mention there way better selection these days!

As for gifts, my daughter got two boxes of Remington Nitro Gold for her birthday! SCORE!

Gifts.......ya right......my wife got 2 flats for Christmas with her gun.
I paid for it all.
But I do get to shoot it all the time.

So I guess you can say........SCORE!!!!!!

:lol: Well, my in laws picked up the cost this time! Nearly $30 worth of shells!

I have two old Stevens/Savage SxS 311 12 gauges and really like shooting mine. Not the best looking wood, but they have always been very dependable doubles. That sounds a little pricey for an old Stevens, but everything is going up these days.

Rossi "Matched Pair" .410/.22LR Range Update... (initial post on page 2 of this thread)

Went to the the range the other day with my kids and we shot a bunch of rounds with this gun. Once I figured out the rear sight was adjusted way high on the .22 barrel, my 9-year-old really took a liking to it and it fit him very well. He was nailing cans and clays at the 50' plinking range with ease. Same with my 10-year-old daughter. They both quickly became adept at loading, firing and unloading this single-shot. The hi-vis sights are very nice.

Neither wanted to fire with the .410 barrel after seeing me wince after the first shot. This is a small gun with a relatively small butt stock and NO padding. I used a sandbag to cushion my shoulder and shot about 10 rounds of Remington 6-shot Game Load (1200fps). A pad for the stock is on the wish list.

The gun functioned perfectly with both barrels and was a very good investment, IMO and the $20 rebate was received in about a month. Finish is very good and the trigger "loosened up" and got easier to pull after about 25 rounds. Take-down is very easy: unscrew the front sling mount and the foreend comes off, open the action and slide the barrel/ejector assembly towards the butt stock and it comes right off. About the only negative is that the nylon bag that came with it has no compartments and would allow the parts to bang against each other so it is/will be unused. The box/tray it came with is a good storage/transport conveyance.

Attachments

• rossi3.jpg
    rossi3.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 676
  • rossi2.jpg
    rossi2.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 676
  • rossi1.jpg
    rossi1.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 676
Back