• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

500C Forearm Rattle

MitchellB

.22LR
I have a minor annoyance with my Mossberg 500C 20 gauge pump shotgun that is about 17 years old now. Has anyone else noticed their forearm rattling? It seems especially loud when trying to be quite while walking through the woods. I got it mainly for the grandkids to use, but I’ve taken it out a few times myself and the rattle just bugs me. I haven’t tried to fix it. It seems to be just the way it is made and just figured it was something I had to live with. Has anyone else noticed this rattle or found a cure for it? This has always been a dependable shotgun and can't find any faults with it other than the rattle. It was also my first pump shotgun, but I later bought an 870 and it does not rattle, but prefer the safety location of the 500. I'd like to find a cure for the rattle on the 500

I've noticed a little wobble in mine but it has not been any more then any of my other guns.

Mine wobble too, but never rattle. Though I dont have a 20 ga...

Back