• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Reserve Series O/U And Side-By-Side Reviews...

I have a Silver Reserve Sporting 12 Ga. O/U. I have several hunderd rounds through it and as of now have not had a problem. I purchased 2 Trulock skeet chokes for it (i called Mossberg and that is what they recomended).

2,000-3,000 isn't a lot of rounds to have to start replacing parts, especially for a dedicated skeet gun. I don't care how cheap the replacement parts are, shouldn't a shotgun last more than 3,000 rounds before needing to have parts replaced? Assuming my math is correct, 4 rounds of trap a week=100 rounds, and 3,000/100= 30 weeks. Now of course, that's for those who shoot a lot, but even for casual shooters, thats about 1-5 years depending on how much you shoot, which is nothing for a shotgun. Maybe I'm making a big deal out of nothing. And perhaps I'm missing something. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

p211222803-4.jpg

p163814493-4.jpg

p397670694-4.jpg

p423496913-4.jpg

p517915695-4.jpg

p138730552-4.jpg

p323017181-4.jpg

p515773805-4.jpg

p284446759-4.jpg

p499045832-4.jpg

p364298928-4.jpg

p242901952-4.jpg

p354063434-4.jpg

p526180014-4.jpg

p15046279-4.jpg

I will be going this weekend to shoot my new Mossberg Onyx Reserve Sporting 12g!

3000 rounds (especially light target loads) isn't going to put any appreciable wear and tear on a SR.

Well starting this weekend I will begin putting 150-400 rounds through it a week.

Re: Mossberg Reserve Series O/U And Side-By-Side Accessories

Well I have had mine now for 2 years, shot clays with it, upland game, and some duck. I have never had a problem with it, nice wood, great balance, patterns well. Love the fact that it came with 5 chokes.

14755_1278504684002_1271561438_816737_7577890_n.jpg

maierar said:
Here are my impressions of my Mossberg Silver Reserve O/U 20 gauge as requested by Ultimate CC in my "New Members" intro.:
I purchased the gun specifically to shoot skeet. While it is far from a "beater", it was not particularly expensive for a decent O/U. It is good looking and feels solidly put together. Lots of nice touches in the decorations, mechanisms, and furniture. I dont think I need to reiterate the spec book, you can get the details here: http://www.mossbergintl.com/pages/silverreserve.htm
If it were to be used as intended, that is as a field gun for bird hunting, it would be fine out of the box, assuming it fit you comfortably. I found it necessary to make a few modifications to turn it into a really nice skeet gun.
I had Rob Roberts port the barrels for me (I could have gotten by with porting only the Under, but his prices are so good I decided to go for both) and put an extended ported skeet choke in the under barrel and a flush skeet choke in the upper (muzzle flip is all but non-existent now, so second-shot acquisition is a cinch). I put a Winchester Low Profile light pipe sight on the rib right behind the bead. I added a LimbSaver recoil pad which extended the LOP by an inch and makes it feel as soft as an autoloader (if the LOP is too long, you could take the standard butt pad off first). I raised the comb slightly by adding a Soft-Comb Convert-A-Stock pad (which is an inexpensive way to get an adjustable comb). Last I added a 3 ounce barrel weight about 2 1/2 inches forward of the forarm to smooth out the swing (its only a 26 inch barrel, remember).
Total mods came to under $300, which brought the total cost of the gun up to about 1/2 of a comparably equipped and comparable handling, customized gun.
I cant make any durability claims yet, as I've had the gun for only 1 1/2 years, but its doing fine so far.
The only thing my Silver Reserve O/U lacks is snob appeal. I'll have to depend on my Teknys Gold Target for that.
May I ask how much just the Porting was?? And a website of his shop?

elevatormechanic said:
hi guys, i am a lefty and was wondering if the silver reserve has a right hand palm swell ? thank you

hello and welcome from NY. i don't own one but from what i have read, yes it does.

i stand corrected.

Attachments

• apologize.jpg
    apologize.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 797
Back