• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Most Complimentary Sidearm

mingaa said:
grumpyerik said:
I use a Ruger P95 as a compliment to my shotguns. It ain't fancy, but it goes bang every single time and is minute of bad guy accurate.
I loved my P95 - one of the best bang for the buck pistols I ever owned. Not long ago I decided that all my handguns would be DOA or striker and I traded the Ruger (great company all around) in a Sig 250C 9mm deal. P95 may be the best shooting $300-350 pistol on the market.

Never owned a P95, but shot one quite a bit, great shooting gun especially for the $$$ and of course if you run out of ammo you could beat an attacker with it, that thing is like a TANK! Ruger does make some nice guns, my dad has an SR9C, 22/45, and LCP and all are very solid guns!

Phillip

mingaa said:
I traded the Ruger (great company all around).

I don't really share your view on Ruger company as a whole and with many of their business decisions/practices, but they have made some good guns.

For things that go bump in the night - wife: 4" S&W Model 13 loaded with 125 gr. JHP (Gold Dots) .38Spl - me: .45 ACP 1911 hybrid built by Bill Thompson in Anchorage (first model ParaOrdnance frame, AutoOrdnance "PitBull" 3.5" upper with flgr, night sights) loaded with 185 gr. JHP (16 of them!), or Springfield Armory Champion (4") loaded with 185 gr JHP. There is also a Colt .38Spl Diamondback handy, but with a 2.5" barrel, it really barks and flashes.

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Nice line-up you've got there!

Thank you kindly. The 930 is kept in my bedroom closet along with a hybrid AR15 built by 7.62 Precision in Anchorage. Dylan of 7.62 Precision does outstanding work. He also offers DuraCoat finishes in everything from mild to wild. I've got a pair of 1911s that are real works of art.

radar_ralf said:
For things that go bump in the night - me: .45 ACP 1911 hybrid ... loaded with 185 gr. JHP (16 of them!)
:shock: With a mag like that, if you happen to run out of ammo you could always fling the gun like a boomerang. ;) :lol:

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
radar_ralf said:
I've got a pair of 1911s that are real works of art.

Well don't hold out on us man, a bunch of us here are huge 1911 fans. Post 'em up in our 1911 photo thread...

viewtopic.php?f=96&t=535

Well, sir, I am at work right now (Prudhoe Bay), but I think I may have some photos on my computer. If all else fails, they are also posted on the websites for 7.62 Precision / High Ready Tactical. They are the pistols that are called "Arctic Snakeskin" and "Red Dragon." I'll have to figure out how to post photos here. I know there is a "how-to" on the main page, so I'll give it a try.

I had never heard of Prudhoe Bay until Ice Road Truckers got its' own series.

http://762precision.files.wordpress.com ... snake2.jpg

http://762precision.files.wordpress.com ... pt1911.jpg

i guess you paste these into your address line and you'll be directed to the webpage?

still working on posting the photos here

although i really like the detail that Dylan put on the grips of the Arctic Snakeskin, i replaced them with black&silver VZ grips - the Red Dragon pistol is wearing VZ grips in the photo above

by the way, i own several 1911s and i gotta say that the Taurus PT1911 is a very good bargain. the PT1911 is offered in several configurations now, but these (and several others that Dylan refinished for me) are the 1st generation, originally blue, full-size, non-rail, standard 1911 clone. the features that come standard are pretty awesome. it's like a customized 1911 at a thrift store price.

I really like the Arctic Snakeskin.

oli700 said:
the links you posted work, cool paint jobs. Are you in Anchorage ?

i live in eagle river, just outside of anchorage, but i'm at work right now - in prudhoe bay

by the way, and i'm sure you already know: that isn't just regular paint. it's DuraCoat - guaranteed for life...

radar_ralf said:
oli700 said:
the links you posted work, cool paint jobs. Are you in Anchorage ?

i live in eagle river, just outside of anchorage, but i'm at work right now - in prudhoe bay

I have a buddy running a rolligon up that way , well he was near Prudhoe now up by Barrow. I have spent some time between Fairbanks and Tok fighting fire, last summer in Delta Junction. A lot like where I grew up in Oregon , well other than the tundra, Black Spruce and the sun not going down lol
Bundle up !

oli700 said:
I have a buddy running a rolligon up that way , well he was near Prudhoe now up by Barrow. I have spent some time between Fairbanks and Tok fighting fire, last summer in Delta Junction. A lot like where I grew up in Oregon , well other than the tundra, Black Spruce and the sun not going down lol
Bundle up !

Yessir, i have a large bag full of cold weather gear. Sun? What's that?

Back