• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New Mossberg owner

jisco38

.22LR
Supporter
Hello, I purchased my 1st Mossberg, an SA-20. Only had it about 12 days and have yet to shoot it.
Waiting to get tapped for chokes.
I liked the looks of this model and wanted a 20 ga. anyway.
I worked a little over 20 yrs. as a power lineman for our city owned Electric Dept. before retiring.
Interested in the 20 ga. to save wear and tear on a bad back.
I hope to get some tips and info from this board and contribute as I learn more about Mossbergs.
I live in south eastern Ohio and enjoy my grandchildren and anything to do with bows, rifles and am now getting into shotguns.
Taken quite a few turkeys and deer with my Stoeger and Rem. 870 in 12 ga. and now I'm into 20 gauges.
Thanks for a place to share with other Mossberg owners!!!

jisco38

Welcome aboard jisco. There is a lot of great people on here as well as some with extensive knowledge about the Mossberg family.

Welcome from MI!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM1OIMPCCD0[/youtube]

Welcome to Mossberg Owners Forum!

howdy jisco38 and welcome to the club!

Hiya Jisco! Another ohioan! I'm in south western ohio, not too far from Cincy!

I've heard there are wild pigs out that way? Any truth to that, that you know of?

The SA 20 should be a pretty soft shooting gun, I think the gas system is the same as the 930. It isnt piston or inertia operated, but blowback (I dont know if thats the right way to say it) which is what makes the gun not only cycle more reliably with a variety of loads, but it is also what makes for the softer recoil!

Hope you have a chance to enjoy it soon!

Welcome aboard!

We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so be sure to post up some pics of your SA-20 and any other firearms you own in the various sub-forums. You'll find that we're into a lot more than just Mossberg around here. Let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

Thanks for the welcome! I can say that I really DO feel welcome here.
To answer one of your questions, I have always been an avid hunter here in Ohio and have yet to see a wild pig. I have heard that they were mostly trapped in the 70's & 80's and used in private hunting preserves around Logan, OH.

jisco38

Back