• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Hello from Nova Scotia

Hi there, well i just joined the forum so hello everyone,
I am not new to guns, having had some military experience, but new to owning in Canada, and trying to work out nonsensical laws like a gun is banned because it LOOKS dangerous is still giving me headaches as i try to work that out!

I am originally from UK but now live here in NS, and loving it, one thing i have found that Canadians seem not to see because they grew up with it, is the beauty and space all around, and the fact that you can say you like guns and want guns and not be shouted down as some kind of nut job phsycopath!! and coming from UK where we are basically ridiculed and mistrusted if we even mention liking guns, and crammed together in overcrowded housing estates, the sense of open space and freedom here is wonderful, and the people are the best! so friendly and helpful...(not like the UK i left behind!)

I am pleased to say, i have already found some info i was looking for about my tac 22 which i am eagerly awaiting, i have the hacksaw waiting for some mods to the front handguard, to make it more m4 like, i will leave the carry handle on, call me odd, but i have always liked the full size carry handle on the m16's and having used one i found it very handy, and the smaller m4 version was a bit tight for the fingers as they lost space when they made it detachable, so for me the handle will stay but the handguard has to be modded, it is not really one thing or the other, too short to be m16 or c7 and too long to be m4 or xm177, and the unfinished barrel end....well!! :eek: needless to say i already have a flash hider and other bolt on goodies on the way, so will post pics of the beast when i have done the mods, apart from that bref intro i dont really have much intresting stuff to say, so thanks for taking the time to read this, cheers Dave

Hello Dave,

Good to hear that your enjoying your new home! Thanks for joining and we're happy to have you. Looking forward to pics and how your mods go!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM1OIMPCCD0[/youtube]

Welcome to Mossberg Owners Forum!

Welcome aboard!

We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so be sure to post up some pics of your Tac .22 and any other firearms you own in the various sub-forums. You'll find that we're into a lot more than just Mossberg around here. Let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

Welcome from MI!!

Dave, its great to have you here buddy!

I used to have family in Nova Scotia, I've only seen it in pictures however. I'd love the opportunity to visit someday!

How do you like the music and step dancing? Parts, like Cape Breton, have quite a Scotish influence. The step dancing isnt as rigid or structured as say the Irish dance. My mother in law has visited several times and really enjoys it. Again, something I hope to be able to experience someday...

Cant wait to see your rifle, and hope you enjoy MO!

Rossignol said:
Dave, its great to have you here buddy!

I used to have family in Nova Scotia, I've only seen it in pictures however. I'd love the opportunity to visit someday!

How do you like the music and step dancing? Parts, like Cape Breton, have quite a Scotish influence. The step dancing isnt as rigid or structured as say the Irish dance. My mother in law has visited several times and really enjoys it. Again, something I hope to be able to experience someday...

Cant wait to see your rifle, and hope you enjoy MO!

Thanks to everyone for their welcome, am sure i wll enjoy the forum, rossignol, funny, when i saw your name i knew you must have a link to NS somewhere, i have been camping on a conoe trip on lake rossignol and i enjoyed every second, not had a chance to see the step dancing as i am on the western end of NS near Digby, so a fair trip from CB, but in all other respects we (my wife and i) love it here,

I will be sure to post pics of my modified mossy once i get up the nerve to start cutting!! whats that they say about the first cut is the hardest!!! oh well, there always airsoft body shells if i mess this one up hehehehe, cheers, Dave

WooHoo! I have an old old picture of Lake Rossignol, from when my grandad was maybe a teen-ager? There was a Rossignol Surf shop at one time...

If you like the music and dancing though... ;)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb2A5H6gUMY&feature=related[/youtube]

colonelchimp said:
, and the fact that you can say you like guns and want guns and not be shouted down as some kind of nut job phsycopath!! and coming from UK where we are basically ridiculed and mistrusted if we even mention liking guns, and crammed together in overcrowded housing estates, the sense of open space and freedom here is wonderful, and the people are the best! so friendly and helpful...(not like the UK i left behind!)

I find it odd that there are still people who do not own a firearm and I find it even more strange those that believe there is no need.

I call those people sheep. And those sheep are at the mercy of not only the wolves who may wish to do them harm, but also at the mercy of the sheep dogs that are there to protect them.

Not meaning to sound like I am putting down the police or military. Quite contrary, I am very thankful for them.

But they are not legally required to protect us nor can they make that gaurantee .

In the end, that responsibility falls on no one's shoulders but my own.

John A. said:
colonelchimp said:
, and the fact that you can say you like guns and want guns and not be shouted down as some kind of nut job phsycopath!! and coming from UK where we are basically ridiculed and mistrusted if we even mention liking guns, and crammed together in overcrowded housing estates, the sense of open space and freedom here is wonderful, and the people are the best! so friendly and helpful...(not like the UK i left behind!)

I find it odd that there are still people who do not own a firearm and I find it even more strange those that believe there is no need.

I call those people sheep. And those sheep are at the mercy of not only the wolves who may wish to do them harm, but also at the mercy of the sheep dogs that are there to protect them.

Not meaning to sound like I am putting down the police or military. Quite contrary, I am very thankful for them.

But they are not legally required to protect us nor can they make that gaurantee .

In the end, that responsibility falls on no one's shoulders but my own.

yes i agree, i think it was nostradamus who predicted that while englands troops were fighting a foreign war england would be invaded by troops from under the sea, i hope it doesnt happen, but it is true that of all the forces in the uK most are away from home doing something else for someone else, so who protects the people in that case? well i suppose it must be the people themselves, but how can they when their own government has taken away the right and the tools to defend themselves,

on another note, my 22 tac arrived today, and i have already cut it up and started my makeover, so look in the tactical 22 thread all comments good or bad welcome, :mrgreen: cheers,

I remember seeing posters and newspaper ads during WW2 before the US officially joined from Brittain/England BEGGING for US citizens to send them guns in fear of the very real threat of German Invasion. I wish that I had been able to have kept them, but would be very interested in seeing some if someone knows where I may find some. I remember seeing pictures in a gun catalog and I am wanting to say Dillon Blue Press within the last 10 years, but is possible that it was some other publication.

A very sobering thought and somber tone that a whole nation as we knew it could be lost due to restrictions, but if you care to look back in the history books, that has happened more times to more places than I care to count.

We, as a whole, are not exempt from the same thing happening to us. Maybe no immenent threat at this exact moment, but that doesn't mean it can't happen or is an impossibility.

John A. said:
I remember seeing posters and newspaper ads during WW2 before the US officially joined from Brittain/England BEGGING for US citizens to send them guns in fear of the very real threat of German Invasion. I wish that I had been able to have kept them, but would be very interested in seeing some if someone knows where I may find some. I remember seeing pictures in a gun catalog and I am wanting to say Dillon Blue Press within the last 10 years, but is possible that it was some other publication.

A very sobering thought and somber tone that a whole nation as we knew it could be lost due to restrictions, but if you care to look back in the history books, that has happened more times to more places than I care to count.

We, as a whole, are not exempt from the same thing happening to us. Maybe no immenent threat at this exact moment, but that doesn't mean it can't happen or is an impossibility.

you know what makes me spit is that in the UK we had the exact same right to keep and bear arms, it was never written down, because no one would ever need to, as it was a given right, and it was all a gentlemans agreemnt which now one thought would be challenged, it just wasnt cricket to do so........but guess what, because it wasnt written down, they sort of forgot it ignored it or downright shut it down, however you lok at it, the gov, said oh goody we can now set about disarming the populous, and made it harder and harder to own and use guns, like the old saying goes, if you outlaw guns, the only people to have guns will be the outlaws............and then where will we be?!

Welcome to MO and Canada. I've heard some really good things from the east coast. Wouldn't mind road tripping there from Ontario one day.

I agree about our bs restricted/prohibited licensing. I'll be getting my restricted soon to acquire a few AR15's and hand guns.

Back