• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

IMI/Magnum Research

LAZY EYED SNIPER

Overwatch
Global Moderator
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
Well, I've finally cracked!

I brought home an IMI/Magnum Research Desert Eagle MK VII today...

It came in to my LGS on trade and the price was too good to pass up. This one's chambered in .357mag, so I don't have to spend $1.50+ every time I pull the trigger as with the .50AE. I can't wait to get it out to the range in the morning...

What a beauty! I have wanted a Desert Eagle for a long time now.

Thank you Sir.

She may look like a beauty, but at an unloaded 72.4oz it feels more like a BEAST!

Yea the Desert Eagle is not a light weight by any means! Let us know how you end up liking this one.

I have a buddy who got one of the 357's in a trade deal. He had to refinish the slide, but I don't know if he's ever shot it. Lots of horror stories about them being jam-mo-matics floating around.

I hope yours does good. Let us know how it does please

As for IMI, I like the uzi's :)

Very nice SNIPER !!

Oli700 wrote: I want that as my truck gun

You'll need a truck to carry that beast... :D

BTW...what type of finish is that !?

Took it out today and put 100 rounds down range. Had to go to three different Wally World stores to find any .357mag ammo and all I could come up with was 50rds of 110gr Winchester white box and 50rds 125gr Remy UMC. Started out with a couple mags of the Winchester stuff and it had me worried 'cause I couldn't get more than one round off at a time. The ammo didn't have enough poop and was short stroking the slide. It just couldn't push that massive slide back far enough to catch the next round. Switched up the the Remy ammo and put all 50rds through it without a hiccup. Went back to finish off the WWB and to my surprise they all fed smoothly too. Guess it just needed to run for a bit. Didn't have a single jam or FTE through the entire 100 rounds. The recoil was a LOT lighter that I expected too. I was put'n a 9rd mag in a 3-4" group at 25yds so I'm very pleased with the way it shoots.

Good to hear bro...that is a massive amount of slide to push back...wonder if .38's would be powerful enough to move it...!!

So, I guess ankle carry is out of the question, huh?! ;)

Not at all!

It just depends on the size of the ankle rig...

...and the ankle too I suppose... :D

Congrats on the Desert Eagle! I shot the .44 mag version years ago and it was really a treat to shoot. Same guy had a .50AE as well and I have one of the rounds from it. Massive! :cool:

I have always liked the looks of those. I want an IMI galil so bad I can hardly stand it. The israelis make some mean guns.

Sent from Droid Incredible on Verizon Wireless

Back