• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

FN Herstal

Re: FN FNAR, my SCAR was lonely

Oops, just noticed I posted a target from my LTR gun, anyways the FNAR was as good in the sub MOA when I loaded some hornady A-max bullets. I had a nikon BDC scope and it was very easy to make quick and accurate shots from 200 - 500 yards on the fly.

Oooooooooooh, thats a good lookin rifle Dave! Though like Oli, I know nothing about them!

Good seein ya again Dave, thanks for sharing this! :D

Rossignol said:
Oooooooooooh, thats a good lookin rifle Dave! Though like Oli, I know nothing about them!

Good seein ya again Dave, thanks for sharing this! :D

Thanks Brad, good seein you as well!!! :cool:

I'm liking this one more and more. Had it out again over the weekend and stretched it to 200 yards and the results where excellent. Same Birchwood Casey splatter target as the above picture and I only had a couple misses which where all my fault, mainly breathing. It was cold and a stiff wind in my face so I couldn't take much of it but the gun performed great. I wanted to grab the target but I wasn't waiting for a cease fire to go retrieve so I left it out there and took off for some warm coffee and breakfast!!

Here's a review of the rifle from Tactical-Life.com
http://www.tactical-life.com/online/gun ... -fnar-308/

Nice Dave,

Glad to hear you're loving the new boomstick!

Hi Dave! Nice looking beauty you got there.

Thanks LAZY!! Lovin it indeed. Had it out again this afternoon. I started work at 4am and was done by1:30pm so I had time to come home and head to the club. Played with a couple different brands of ammo and got some interesting results. My bulk buy on Brazilian 308 shot much lower than the Magtech 308 I've been chewing through. The Brazilian stuff was only $85 for 140rnds at a gun shop about 20 minutes from me (not my normal GS) and a spam can of 5.45, $165 for 1080rnds.

Good to see ya rip and thanks for the compliments.. :cool:

What's the difference in bullet weight between the two Dave?

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
What's the difference in bullet weight between the two Dave?

149 on the Brazilian and 150 on the Magtech. It was not only low it was also off to the right a bit but still grouped nicely. I'm torn as to which ammo to dial the scope in with and which ammo to compensate with. I'm gonna try to get out with it a few more times with the Brazilian stuff and hopefully it won't be as windy as today. Seems the Magtech is a hotter load...

Hmmmm,

You never know about ammo brother. Minute differences in spec can lead to major variance on target. I shoot the same ammo 90% of the time and compensate for the rest. It would be a bit more difficult if you plan on switching between the two on a regular basis...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Hmmmm,

You never know about ammo brother. Minute differences in spec can lead to major variance on target. I shoot the same ammo 90% of the time and compensate for the rest. It would be a bit more difficult if you plan on switching between the two on a regular basis...

I'm gonna stock the Brazilian, I've already picked up 3 rubber sealed 140rnd packs for $85. I usually shoot the same stuff also. I've also got a few hundred rounds of PPU soft point I need to play with. I ran through the rest of the Magtech so I can zero with the Brazilian now and see what the soft point does..

Had it out again today and zeroed the scope @100 yards with the Brazilian ammo and let a couple club members try it out. Just an awesome shooting gun and as one of the members called it "Frankengun". :evil: :lol:

I broke it down for the first time tonight and it went much better than I anticipated and only took about an hour. It was real dirty and I figure I have around 500rnds through it. I'm trying to find spare mags for it on some of the forums before I break down and order form FN for $54+shipping!! My LGS has them for $62+tax so I may as well get them at my LGS and walk out with them for a couple $$$ more...

I feel your pain on the mags Dave.

The .308 10 rounders for my Remy 700 AICS are $85-$90 a piece.

Re: Where are the FAL guys???

6030278731_60bcb7376c_z.jpg
Here is a group pic of my FN-FAL along with my Mini-14 and my Hi-Point 9mm carbine. The Hi-Point is a dead on tack driver out to 50yrds.

New Leupold for my FNAR

I didn't care for the redfield on this rifle. My 3x9 redfield on my Mini30 is crystal clear where this one was blurry.

I tried a Millett DMS-1 and it was cool looking but it to almost gave vertigo looking through it and the eye relief was different every time you looked through it so it went back for trade towards the Leupold VX-7 2.5-10x45mm. This scope is awesome, crisp clear glass and more of what I wanted right from the start.

Re: New Leupold for my FNAR

Dave, I've been thinkin bout getting a scope... never owned one before, but a Leupold is on the list.

I have never heard anything bad about the Leupolds, and they look great too! This one is no exception! :D

Good lookin glass Dave. Let us know how she prints for you...

I finally bought my first nice scope That being a Leupold as well, I agree, They are crystal clear.
Even through my filthy window...

6928482307_a73bd9534a_b.jpg

Mine if a fixed zoom, But I like what I see so far, Best of luck to you.

Leupolds are excellent, this is my second one, my First was the Mark AR. I picked this one on trade for the Millett and wound up putting out about $380 in the end. It was traded back to my shop from a good friend of my buddy who runs the place so it was well cared for. I can't find the VX-7 series new anywhere but I do see a few sight swith prices around $1200 and on Ebay for $999!!!

I'll get some targets up soon LAZY..

Back