• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Redfield Revolution

mister_e

.270 WIN
Anyone have any experience with these?

revolution_4-12x40_04.jpg

Thinking about maybe adding the 4-12x40 to my new Vanguard Series 2 .308.

http://www.redfield.com/_media/downloads/Revolution_4-12x40mm.pdf

I've already picked up Leupold bases and rings (Medium), and saw the Redfield in the case. Turns out Leupold has bought Redfield, and they are manufactured right here in Oregon ;)

The Accu-Range reticle works pretty nice, good out to 500 yards, which is what I will have this rifle set up for.
accurange01.jpg

http://www.redfield.com/riflescopes/redfield-accu-range-reticle-views/

IF I need to reach out farther, I have my .338 Lapua ;)

100% waterproof/fog proof - and very CLEAR glass, Nitrogen charged, 1/4moa adjustment, and MADE IN THE USA for $200!!! What's not to like?

So, I'm thinking I might support the local economy and get one.

That does look real nice...and can't beat that price tag either !!

How close is the factory to you? Ask to take a tour and buy direct? If that's possible.....

ripjack13 said:
How close is the factory to you? Ask to take a tour and buy direct? If that's possible.....

Great idea. But...too late. I bought the scope this AM. $169.95 at Bi-Mart, an employee owned chain, here in Oregon. I don't know that I could have got it much cheaper at the factory.

But it is comforting to know that the factory (& Leupold) is only 20 minutes from my house. Crimson Trace is about the same distance, too. Benchmade knives and Kershaw knives are about 15 minutes. And Leatherman's is about 15 minutes, too.

Now if only we could get some of the gun manufacturer's to move in.... :lol:

Oops, forgot NOVESKE is located in Oregon, but all the way down the other end of the state.

I'm going to have the scope mounted and bore sighted, but have to wait until Wednesday, or maybe Friday.

Been too busy to do much of anything else, can't even get out to shoot lately with the re-training program (aka - SCHOOL) I'm going through. But bright side is, one of these days, I might even know what I'm gonna be when I grow up :lol:

Health Informatics - don't ask me to explain it, suffice it so say, it's all about computerizing health care and electronic medical records. That is as long as the Republicans don't shoot it all down.

Ok...got it. Posted some pix in the Long Arms forum on the rifle, too. But since I talked about the scope in here, thought I'd post a few pix of it, too.

wthrby4.jpg

wthrby5.jpg

wthrby7.jpg

Redfield Revolution 3-9x40 in Leupold base and rings (Med). Scope was assembled here in Beaverton, Oregon (Made in the USA) and comes with a Lifetime Warranty - I can replace it in 30 minutes ;)

Scope is Nitrogen charged, waterproof and shockproof. 1/4 MOA click adjustments. Matte finish, matches the barrel and receiver of the Weatherby. Has the Accu-Range reticle for ranging out to 500 yards, on a 200 yd sight in. Didn't come with lens caps, but that's okay - I put on Butler Creek flip caps, size 28 and 10.

So for my purposes with this gun, it's a keeper and a perfect fit.

Looks great! Let us know what you think when you get to try it out.

Thanks Dan.

Funny thing is - for years, it seems I've always end up putting a scope made in Japan (supposedly) on a firearm made in the US.

Now, I have a firearm, made in Japan, and the scope on it is made in the USA :lol:

Or at least the action of the firearm was made in Japan. ;)

Excellent Choice on a Great Scope.
I have a 3-9 X 50 w/ the AccuRange Reticle on my Rem 700BDL .308.
Bright, Crystal Clear Glass, Sharp Edge to Edge & Rock Solid Stability.
Have a 4" Leupold Sunshade on mine & Love it.
UncleSarge58

Have always heard good things about the Redfield Revolution, especially for such a reasonably priced scope.

I will definitely be looking at one for my next hunting rifle purchase.

Last year, I was fortunate enough to luck into about a 10 year old Bausch & Lomb Balvar 6-24x40, absolutely like new in the box for $200 mounted and boresighted on my .270Win Remington 700.

UncleSarge58

I just bought the exact same one for my M1A in an Archangel.

Should be delivered next week.

I will post pictures.

Sent from my Apple Newton in 1993 with 640k of RAM

Have just put a 4~12 x 42 Revenge on my ATR .270. Selected the Varmint style. Plan to use it over Easter on Wallabies and Thar so hope the investment in what looks like very good optics pay off.
From what I could see it is very good value for money, just hope that what is on the other end of the rifle appreciate it as well.

UncleSarge58
UncleSarge, what model sunshade did you get? Not to hijack the thread, but I have been looking for sunshades for both my 40 and 44mm redfields with no luck. thanks.
Zag

Leupold Sunshades will Fit the Revolution Models.
Don't Know about the Revenge or Battlefield Models.
Check out Optics Planet. They have a Wide Assortment of Sunshades Available.
Also Try Natchez Shooters Supply. In their TruGlo Scope Section they have 44mm Shades for Real Cheap.
Hope this Helps.
US58

I got one of the new Redfield Battlezone 223/308 interchangeable wheel 3-9x42 scopes.

Bottom of the scope was engraved : Made in Phillipines

Also, the battlezone has finger adjustable wheels, which is handy when you're zero'ing, but terrible any other time because if you bump the scope into something (or getting it into or out of the gun case), chances are, you're going to turn the wheel inadvertently. It would've been really simple and cost effective to have just charged a few more dollars for stupid caps.

I like the scope and the reticle for the most part and it's got nice glass and all, but I won't be buying any more of them.

Looking at the Revenge Series Sabot ML, Accu Range. Have any if you used this one set up for shotguns? I wanted the Revolution, but it's not offered in 12ga ballistics...

Sent from HTC One (M8)

I just picked up a 2-7X32 Revolution and a Burris PEPR QD one piece mount to put on my ArmaLite mid length carbine.
Have not shot it yet but will report when I do.

Just ordered the Redfield Revolution 3-9x40 with accu-range reticle for my Savage model 11. The Revolution and Revolution Tac models are the only ones still made by Redfield. No more Revenge or Battlefield. There is still a commemorative M40 scope available through SWFA. It too is a 3-9x40 but with a mil-dot reticle. It also has a deep green finish, like a blued gun, but its green. It also has an extension on the variable power ring. It's $299 I think and I've only seen it on SWFA. Redfield is made by Leupold/Stevens and has the same, no questions asked, lifetime warranty. Or what is called the gold ring warranty for Leupold.

I had been given a TruGlo scope but always wanted a made in the US Redfield. Due to circumstances and being unable to use the scope I was given, I finally ordered one.

As said above its made in the US and I found a great price on it, $168 from Big Supply Shop. It's almost like an everything sporting goods online only store. After shipping, I discovered for a few dollars more I could have used my free trial of amazon prime. I ordered late Friday and their site says they ship in 1-2 days. I already received an email saying the scope had been pulled from stock and packaged and that I'll receive another email once shipped.

I'll come back to this to update when I have the scope and after its zero'd and I'm able to shoot with it.

Last edited:
Back