• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

s-107 rear sight ( for 151m-b, 46, 146, etc)

Hi all-

New to forum; just got a 151 m-b in an auction and this looks like a great source for information. I've got the same s-107 sight issue (apparently some people in the past got the idea to take these off and they went God knows where). The firearm I bought (will be receiving in a few days) has the peep sight (been wanting one of those), so I'll shoot it that way for now. This said, perfect historic accuracy isn't my thing - I buy firearms to shoot them. Hence, as long as I got a sight that fit and worked without a ton of modification, I'd be good. Are there other Mossberg sights that would fit the 151 m-b to replace the open rear sight? I saw at the "Models & Specifications" Page that the S107 replaced the S102 on the Model 42, and that the S137 replaced the S107 on the 151. Does anybody have input on the utility of using one of these? Thanks all. Dave

Don't have any personal experience with the sights you mentioned, but nobody will have better advice for you than the folks at Havlin Sales & Service. Their contact info is listed a few posts above. Give 'em a call and I'm sure they'd be happy to help you out...

Hi all-

Update as promised. After a lot of searching, I stumbled across this page:

Classic Firearms & Parts, LLC
http://www.cfnparts.com
Scott Marston
43 Carpenter Road
Chichester , NH 03258
(603) 731-4866
scott@cfnparts.com

He's shipping me an S-107 sight (he's got a few more), along with two original Mossberg swivels. The swivels can probably be gotten a little cheaper (but I doubt by much if you want the originals - $24.50 each), but the sight was what seemed to me a pretty reasonable price ($29.50) given what I've seen online. $4 for shipping and I'll have a complete Mossberg 151m-b sometime late this week or early next. Cool.

:D

Best,

Dave

I was able to pick up the rifle on Wednesday. It was a bit on the dirty side, but cleaned up easy (of course, I did spill some cleaner on the stock :oops: :eek: :cry: so I'll be doing a bit of touch up on the finish shortly :x ). I shot a few rounds out back at a pop can to test firing; range time will be coming at earliest convenience. One thing I did notice - it appears that if one has the S107 open sight on it and the Aperture Sight (forget the number) the open sight interferes with the use of the Aperture Sight. Is this consistent with the experience of others, or am I perhaps doing something wrong? Thanks for all the great advice on this site.

Best,

Dave

Back