• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

What Pistol Do You Carry?

LAZY EYED SNIPER

Overwatch
Global Moderator
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
For those of us with Concealed Carry permits, or Open Carry depending on your state's carry laws, choosing an Every Day Carry pistol can be a pretty big decision. After all, your EDC is a pistol to which you should be able to entrust your life.

What do YOU carry?

Re: What Do You Carry?

I carry a Springfield Armory XD40 sub compact

Very nice. I like my little OD XD40sc but I haven't run enough rounds through it to feel comfortable carrying it yet. It's a fun little shooter. Took some getting used to that trigger though.

For me it's my Kimber Ultra CDP II riding in a Bianchi Carrylok. I also carry my Kahr P380 in an ankle band as a back-up in cold weather. The Kahr becomes my primary for light/summer carry. I'll tuck the P380 into my shorts in an Uncle Mike's IWB holster.

I'll also carry my Glock 19 from time to time. It stayed with me during the floods here in Nasville earlier in the year. I'm pickin up a G26 in a few weeks that'll likely see some carry time once I get it properly broken in.

The XD40 sub compact certainly takes some getting used to. I absolutely love it now after lots of practice. I did carry some glocks for a while including the g26.

Yeah, I'm waitn on my PRP trigger kit for the XD. It'll drop the pull to about 3-3.5 lbs and the replacement trigger has a stop that'll prevent all the over-travel. The factory trigger isn't too bad out of the box, but I grew up shootn 1911s with 2.5-3 lb triggers that break like glass. Compared to that the XD feels like it breaks like a wet carrot. It's all relative to what you're used to I guess.

The pull wouldn't be a problem except I'd have to retrain my muscle memory for the pistol. I switch from a 3' pattern @ 15 yds with my Glock to not being able to hit $#!+ with the XD at the same distance. I know I'm pushing/pulling the shots all over the paper, but it's gonna be easier to fix the trigger than it will be to fix me. :D

My EDC
Ed Brown Special Forces

DSC00080-1.jpg

I currently carry 1 of 4 pistols depending on weather & what I'm wearing -

Smith & Wesson M&P9 or 9c:
MP9withRangers.jpg

Kahr PM9:

PM9plasticbaseplate.jpg

Kel-Tec P3AT:

IMG00033-20090831-0915.jpg

It's always good to have variety. I work my G19 and my 905 9mm revolver into the rotation every so often. Especially when I know I'm going someplace where I'm not allowed to carry inside, like in my office. I'm not too keen on leaving the Kimber out in the glove box all day.

Very nice!

A Gen III G26 is in my very near future. I'm glad I've got someone else to talk Glock with. Drop in the Glock thread and check out my trio.

Generally I carry my S&W 36,unless I have to go into Tampa.Then the 36 stays in the car and I carry a Bersa UC .45.
I'm also a big believer in spare mags and speed-loaders.
Bob

I carry one of three guns: S&W M&P 9 or 9c and my trusted S&W .357 640-1 wheelgun.

For the M&P's, I've got Bladetech OWB Stingray Belt holsters that work great. I usually carry the .357 in a fanny pack.

Added a couple more to the carry rotation...

Glock 26

S&W Performance Center 629 .44mag

I just got my HCP so I don't carry much yet, but have been practicing using different holsters with these two to see whats best for me. My SR9 has a 17 round capacity, but my Cougar .45 makes a larger hole. (I pray everyday that I never need them, though.)

005.jpg

005-3.jpg

002-2.jpg

Back