• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Question about Sling Mount Stud, 590A1

I have the 18.5" 590A1, with the sling stud in the magazine end cap. When the cap and stud are both tight, the hole in the stud is off to the side, which makes the sling hang uneven. To get it straight, I losened up the stud. It won't fall out with the sling swivel attached, but it seems like it would be better if tightened. If I tighten up the stud, I can back off on the mag end cap about 1/4 turn to straighten it up. Y'all have any experience with this?

Actually I don't use a sling but my 590A1, it does not line up either.....I would try a rubber or fiber gasket/o-ring to get it adjusted perfectly. I personally would not want the tube cap with any play, so it's hand tight but snug.

MossLvR said:
Actually I don't use a sling but my 590A1, it does not line up either.....I would try a rubber or fiber gasket/o-ring to get it adjusted perfectly. I personally would not want the tube cap with any play, so it's hand tight but snug.
Or one or two thin washers under the stud.

Same issues with mine. I never could stand it. The small gaskets or washers, especially something like a split ring washer should help.

For some reason I didnt think of all that when I got mine, I bought the CDM Gear MT clamp with the QD push button sling swivel and dock. That solved my problem! :D

There is a small washer that came with the stud, and I have it installed. So, I took out the small washer and put the swivel stud back on. All that did was allow the stud to turn about 180, resulting in the same problem. I'm going by the hardware store and see what I can find. Crooked stuff annoys me. I have to get it straight. I'll report on how I solve the problem.

You could use a small piece of brass shim stock if you can't find a washer the right thickness. Delron washer might work nice. Just sand to the right thickness.

Sent with my modified D2G running TapTalk.

Blackhawk 835 Ulti-Mag 12 gauge 10+1, quick point limbsaver and spec-ops recoil reducing stock with tri-rail, laser, light and bipod.

Cracker, I feel the same way! I detest crooked stuff, and the included washer did the same on mine... just allowed 180 degrees of rotation resulting in the same situation.

Someone here mentioned getting a mag cap with a swivel stud in it. I bought one. Nice. Great investment. Not too expensive. It fits perfectly, very well made, and it works. The swivel moves, instead of being tight and stationary like the one that comes with the gun.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/outdoor-con ... 54649.html

At the time I bought it, they were back ordered, but it finally came in.

Once I got the sling issue solved, I put an Allen quick adjust sling on the 590A1, plus an elastic butt cuff shell carrier and a Limbsaver recoil pad. I'm all tacted out now. :D

Good deal man! You cant be all tacted out without more pics though. Sorry it the rules... "I dont make the rules ma'am, I just think them up and write them down." :D

Anytime you make a change, you have to photo document and submitt pics here for approval! :lol: Ok, I jest!

But seriously, get us more pics. ;)

OK.....Here are the pics:

DSCN0111.jpg

DSCN0110.jpg

DSCN0109.jpg

DSCN0104.jpg

I finally got around to shooting this at the range last Saturday. I love it! Nice. I did some patterning with 3 flavors of 00, and some Winchester PDX1 buck and slug. As soon as I get a chance to take pics of my targets, I'll post them. They basically all patterned about 7" at 7 yards. I didn't pattern at longer distances since I was interested in home defense distances.

Very nicely done, I really dig this!

Thanks for hookin us up with the pics! ;)

Hi...,

First post here. Grateful to have run across this forum.

I'm a newly retired LEO and recently purchased a 590A1 with the 18.5-inch barrel and speed-feed stock from a police supply shop. The thing is, it doesn't have a sling stud in the magazine end-cap. It was that way when I bought it. At the time, I didn't much care because I didn't think I'd be getting a sling for it.

Do I contact the Mossberg factory to get a sling stud, or are they an after-market part from somewhere else?

Thanks for any help.

Welcome to MO Snowman, and thanks for your service!

You can contact OFM, or you can take a look at something like what is posted above^^^^^! Its also entirely possible you may be able to find a sling stud at a gun store.

In fact, I have an extra somewhere. I just saw it a week or so ago. If I can find it, I'll let you know and get your info so I can send it! ;)

Sparky - Sorry for the delay in getting back with you. The sling is:

Allen Company Quick Adjusting 1 1/4-Inch Web Rifle Sling with Sling Swivels Installed

Sold by: The Sportsman's Guide, Inc.

http://www.amazon.com/Allen-Company-Adj ... 393&sr=1-5

I really like the mag tube cap with the swivel stud. Unlike the OEM stud, it rotates. The OEM stud screws in, and it won't necessarily be straight when tightened.

Snowman366 said:
Hi...,

I'm a newly retired LEO and recently purchased a 590A1 with the 18.5-inch barrel and speed-feed stock from a police supply shop. The thing is, it doesn't have a sling stud in the magazine end-cap. It was that way when I bought it. At the time, I didn't much care because I didn't think I'd be getting a sling for it.

Do I contact the Mossberg factory to get a sling stud, or are they an after-market part from somewhere else?

Thanks for any help.

Snowman366~

Do you want to go two-point sling for carrying over the shoulder "hunting style", or two point sling for carrying across chest where the shotgun hangs with the "trigger always down" and you can go to a sidearm, or a single-point sling?

Oh, and welcome Brother!

Snowman366 said:
Hi...,

Thanks for any help.
I have one as well that is not in use and available if needed.

Now that I have the NC +1 I think I would like a sling as well :roll: Now I need to drill a hole to add a stud, The metal on the +1 isn't all that thick, I may get something like this...

394293.jpg

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/394293 ... S016213545

Good luck all.

Thanks everybody for the cordial greeting.

I was wanting an ordinary two-point sling. Just to hang over my shoulder if need be. I'm not gonna be serving warrants with my 590A1, I just wanted a short, handy go-everywhere companion that would shoot rifled slugs (mostly) and buckshot at across-the-street distances. I called the Mossberg factory after reading your suggestions here and a factory rep took my info and said he'd ship me a sling-stud for my gun's end-cap free of charge.

I'm assuming that the local gun shops hereabouts will have the hardware attachments and a nylon sling. Does anyone have a preference for a well-padded zip-up nylon gun case that's short, like the little 590A1 is? I have a place for it behind the seat of my Dodge Ram pick-up and, as you know, over-all length is a consideration.

I fired some slugs at my dept's 150 yard range this morning, just to see how it'd do. Gotta fine tune the ghost ring sights once I find out which slug this barrel likes the best. The 1 ounce Federal Tru-Ball foster slugs are darn near as accurate in this shotgun as the more expensive Brenneke 1-and-1/8 ounce "Classic" slugs, and for straight up anti-personnel work the Tru-Balls (or any plain-jane fosters) are plenty good enough.

Again, thanks for everyone's kindness. I've been a hard-core shotgun type all my life, so I'm glad to be among you.

Back