• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Lets talk about gun safes

MikeD said:
I'm developing a case of safe envy.

Me too... Jenny has been talkin about a safe recently. She doesnt realize the cost though of a GOOD safe.

I've been lookin at the Liberty Safes somewhat, but I'm diggin all these and really appreciate seein what you guys are doin and what you like.

So... THANKS!!!

I am looking for a safe. My current safe/ giant box is not cutting it after watching the video on this thread. I am thinking about an under ground/ under the floor type of safe.

I did a lot of research on safes and there is actually a couple companies here in oklahoma that make safes that are very nice but in the end i liked the flash of the liberty safe and the warranty is very good. Is there better safes than the one i picked... i'm sure of it. Did i find a safe that i love and can't stop staring at.. of course! I bought the biggest and best that i could afford. If i ever built a new house i might think about a under the floor safe. or some sort of hidden room, i always wanted to pull a book and open a bookshelf door. lol
@rossignol, they have the lincoln safe that has 90 minutes of fire protection and non shiny paint for about 3 grand that's what i was looking at getting. look around your area for a company that builds safes and tour their facility.

bsipes30 said:
I did a lot of research on safes and there is actually a couple companies here in oklahoma that make safes that are very nice but in the end i liked the flash of the liberty safe and the warranty is very good. Is there better safes than the one i picked... i'm sure of it. Did i find a safe that i love and can't stop staring at.. of course! I bought the biggest and best that i could afford. If i ever built a new house i might think about a under the floor safe. or some sort of hidden room, i always wanted to pull a book and open a bookshelf door. lol
@rossignol, they have the lincoln safe that has 90 minutes of fire protection and non shiny paint for about 3 grand that's what i was looking at getting. look around your area for a company that builds safes and tour their facility.

Yes, and the reason I want an underground safe is because of the bad guys are known to use a fancy metal detector to scan houses for safes, guns and etc...while driving

I finally got around to changing the master combo on my safe the other day and let me tell you the instructions aren't clear... first i tried to use the book that came with the safe and the numbers it tells you to push didn't do anything. come to find out the book was for a 2012 model with a newer electronic lock style. mine has the older lock.. so i realize this and find the correct paperwork and with the door open try to reset the combo. it worked but it still had the master combo in it as well... to make a long story short i turned into a button pusher and tried to use both lock manuals to figure this thing out and in my button pushing ended up putting a time delay on the safe without knowing it. and i couldn't figure it out. so i called my safe guy and told him everything that was going on and he was like dude i don't know... and he told me how to do the master system reset which makes the combo go back to the factory setting... it didn't work either. It sounded(clicked) like it wanted to open the safe but it wouldn't unlock it. then i figured out that the plastic bezel you turn was out of the teeth. i had it reset back to square one... i left it open for the night and changed the combo the next day. now it works great again with the new combo and i learned the ins and outs of the electronic lock. I'm pretty confident i now know more than the safe manufacture does about the locks they install on their safe. And i downloaded the 14 page manual for the lock and read thru it several times. (they only give you a half sheet of paper with abreviated directions...)

Great Video Mike! Thanks for posting :)

I have a good friend who has a gun room (bigger than my living room) under the hillside connected to his basement. It is invisible because its about 8 feet under his back yard. He spent about 8G's on the door to this monster room! Everything else is reinforced poured concrete slabs.
I thought he was building a safe room for he and the family to hide out in. He said, "Heck no! I'm not hiding from anyone! besides there's no room."

He has over a hundred hand guns and I have no idea how many long guns (rows of them) plus countless cases of ammo! This thing makes a military arms room look skimpy! He's a VERY successful businessman who is simply a gun nut. But on the bright side, I get to go shoot lots of very expensive and really cool guns with him :D

Back