• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Guilty Pleasures?

I smoke cigarettes. I quit cold turkey for 6 years and hated every minute of it. I like Winston all natural and especially Winston Select aged tobacco. With price and taxes so high, I roll my own. Professional looking, cigarettes in custom cigarette cases made of alligator, ostrich, lizard skin. Using a smooth pipe tobacco with a little Black Cavendish. I prefer Zig-Zag full flavor 100 tubes but they are getting hard to come by in these parts so I have started using Gambler Red 100 tubes. It get my price per cigarette down to 4.5 t0 5.5 cents each. Everyone that tries one agrees it's an excellent cigarette.

Now don't get me wrong, I really love a true Cuban MonteCristo but they are hard to come by and frankly, haven't seen any since I brought back a bunch from Moscow.

I have my favorite pipes too. Both are B&K one a mountaineers pipe and the other a sheepherders pipe both with flip open windscreens. They too are extremely hard to find today.

I also like to drink but hate hangovers so I drink mixed drinks with a good vodka and a sugar free mixer. Occasionally have a little Jose Cuervo Especial Gold, Crown Reserve, or a good brandy or Bourbon and especially a good cognac with a fine cigar. I have a bottle of Red Army Vodka still sealed and waiting for a very special occasion to open it up. It's shaped like a large artillery shell.

I don't drink rice beers of lite beers, but sometimes partake in a good imported pilsner, ale or stout, Sam Adams or something from one of our many Texas micro breweries.

Yes smoking is nasty and so are falling down drunks. My friend Dee died and my Uncle Buck said "I told him those cigarettes would kill him someday" He was 98, deaf and a little crippled up but still had a sharp mind up to the end. Uncle Buck died at 97 and he never smoked. I pray that I don't live near that long.

With out a few vices, life would be a little more boring.

I learned this a long tome ago and am going to type this as best as I can from memory. It called a Toast to Good Fellowship.

Here's to all good fellows, in this world and the next,
I drink to you a toast tonight, good fellowship is my text,

Not the chap that takes you hand, in an idling hour you know,
Not the chap that slaps your back, as long as the highballs flow,

But the chap who speaks a kindly word when all the world seems wrong,
The chap that grips your hand like a vice, and tells you life is only a song,

What if the fellow lies, and what if he knows it too?
There are times in life when the chap who lies, is the only friend that's true.

So cavil and rant ye prudes who will, of the evils of wine and gin,
But sometimes the real true thing we feel, leak out when the wine flows in.

A fool is a fool, a cad is a cad, which ever god meant him to be,
But a man who is a man, wont forget he's a man, even when out on a spree.

So I drink the toast to you my friend, from a heart to a heart lit it run,
here's to good fellows all over the world, God bless them every one.

I'm no better than you Brad, just different circumstances....yeah money was just as big apart to me as being able to hike fires for hours in 100 plus degrees. I made the mistake of adding up the money and a couple days later spent some 7 days on 85% slope ....that was it, I had enough paying to suck wind , but my job requires fitness standards that are not so easy anymore :lol:

Irish Whiskey is good stuff too. Not much wrong with a little Irish coffee in the mornings either, for that little bit of Irish in a lot of us.

Hey guys! Help a friend out and check out my newest business venture: The Briar Estate.

We sell vintage pipes for those that want a nice pipe with character, but don't want to empty their wallet. We are constantly getting new arrivals all the time, so keep checking back to see what's in stock so you don't miss out on an incredible deal.

Please like our page and help spread the word.

http://www.facebook.com/TheBriarEstate

Thanks for the support!

:twisted: Mine is watching my wifes tv shows(E!) over her shoulder and giving her crap and being a peanut gallery. I do it only cuz I get the greatest reactions from her. :x If she didn't care if I did it, it wouldn't be fun.... :p

I know what ya mean rip!

My wife loves her "real housewives" shows and I can't help but heckle her while she watches them...

Back