• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Unsatisfactory AimPro Tactical Customer Service

Joe Smith

Copper BB
I just filed a BBB complaint against AimPro for a continued inability to provide status on my order to thread my 930SPX barrel for choke acceptance.

Hopefully this action will help future Mossberg owners as their Customer Service is unsatisfactory as they never returned my calls after several attempts.

Too bad it couldn’t have been resolved another way. Seem like real nice people that sometimes get way too busy to satisfy everyone 100% not to mention us gun people are a demanding bunch of spoild brats lol, good luck to ya

I haven't gone to that extreme yet with aimpro... i have been waiting over 4 weeks already for my barrel to come back from aimpro. I wrote them a message last tuesday asking for a status that was not answered and then again on thursday, I got a response on friday afternoon saying they would check in to it and get back with me asap... well here it is wednesday and still haven't heard anything. I am really wishing i had gone the vang comp way or straight to magnaport... All i got to say is their barrel work better shoot rainbows out of it whenever i get it back. for mine though they said 4-6 weeks and maybe they could get it done in 3 weeks. so i'll give them another week and a half before i start really trying to find out what is going on. I realize that they are probably busy but it doesn't take long to check on a status. I chose to go with aimpro even after reading all the negitave stuff about their customer service from last year hoping that they would have everything straightened out but so far it doesn't look like it.

A little adder to the story... i sent my barrel for them to install a heat shield and the barrel work. The heat shield was going to have to be modified so that it would have a square cut out in it for my rear 3 dot sights.

bsipes30

I don't consider ANYONE a "Spoiled Brat" who simply wants good service for good money. Too often service providers get away with piss-poor-service only because most people are too lazy to take the time to bring a problem to a 3rd party's attention. The BBB has no controlling authority over any business except their own but have a fair-minded reputation when making inquires for complaintents such as myself.

Who knows; perhaps they'll hire more CS folks...Right!

I am going to add my $0.02 in here and state that I have never received any response to phone or email correspondence from them even though I tried contacting them months ago regarding Canadian orders or shipping to a US location. I guess they are just too busy to hire someone to handle the communications.
I hope you are able to get your situation resolved in a timely fashion. Lack of communication with a person that is out money or product is alot worse to deal with.

Joe Smith said:
bsipes30

I don't consider ANYONE a "Spoiled Brat" who simply wants good service for good money. Too often service providers get away with piss-poor-service only because most people are too lazy to take the time to bring a problem to a 3rd party's attention. The BBB has no controlling authority over any business except their own but have a fair-minded reputation when making inquires for complaintents such as myself.

Who knows; perhaps they'll hire more CS folks...Right!
Please don't take to heart or personally what oli700 said. I'm sure he was not talking about you. He appears to be making light and to throw some humor into a distressing situation.

That's how I took it kodiak. :) I feel like I've looked around this board long enough to be able to understand people's personalities. I have noticed lately that customer service has gone to the wayside. In the restaurant business there have been 2 occasions just this week of poor customer service that resulted in zero tip. Im a good friendly patient person so it takes a pretty bad waiter to not get any tip at all. I'm thinking I need to start sitting 10 one dollar bills on the table and say let my glass go empty and I take a dollar away. My food comes out cold loose a dollar ect ect.. Lol

Aimpro is a busy company and I'm sure they are doing great business wise. And I wish them all the luck. I just know that time has not fixed their customer service issue, and a move to a new facility has not fixed their customer service issue. Next time I will politely take my money elsewhere.

Sounds like a $11 an hour CSR WOULD be a good hire - someone who could answer phone calls, e-mails and track down orders. Even if the answer is "Mr. Jones, I located your order #12345 for the barrel work and it is currently in our production schedule. With our current workload the job should be complete in 7-10 work days. I apologize for any inconvenience but I can tell you that our gunsmiths do take great care with each custom order that we receive. We will send you an e-mail with the tracking number of the shipment once the order is complete. Is there anything else that I can help you with today?"

That would go a long way, no??

People are always quick to slam a company if things appear to be going bad.

Sometimes a company may start getting much more business than they can handle and things slow down quickly. If they have a small staff it's not always possible to handle the volume of email, snail mail, voice mail etc. in a time that the customer may desire. They could have suffered mechanical issues and are waiting for a mill to get fixed, the machinist could have quit of gotten sick. Maybe a server crashed and they lost email or voice messages. There are any number of legitimate reasons for a company to suddenly get backed up.

I don't know what their situation is so I don't know if this is the case there, it's just hypothetical possibilities. I just notice that people are often not willing to give them the benefit of the doubt (and don't take this personally as I don't know exactly what your situation/arrangement with them is either, just talking generalities here).

And I agree if it they know there are backlogs or problems they should let their customers know even if it's a generic update saying they are sorry but working to resolve the problems because if continues on for too long they will lose business and possibly fail as a result.

I hope that they are able to make things right and resolve their issues.

I think they have someone like that... because i have called up there before and the poor little girl that answered the phone had no clue what was going on. lol anyways they have 2 more weeks in my book (even though it shouldn't take 6 weeks to fit a heat shield and do a port job.)

The whole reason i started with aimpro was to get the heat shield. I ordered it online then relized it wasn't going to fit without modification because of the 3 dot sights. I called and cancled the order and waited for the money to be put back on my card before i would ship my barrel to them for the work. well it took countless emails and i don't know how many calls over a 3 week period to get my 70 bucks back. I should have known then what i was about to get into... but hopefully i'll hear something soon. Hopefully it's just growing pains but they have had them for to long. Do something about it! if your company really is growing that fast find another gunsmith, hire another csr...
Good luck Aimpro, I'm rooting for you to make it! But first you have to make it about your customers.

Thanks for the backup Kodiac….I was thinking of my own patience level. I am highly impatient and I know this about myself so when I get promised something then I am counting on that to happen right then.

To all of you waiting
What was AimPro’s promised turnaround time ?

maierar said:
There is no such thing as an excuse for poor customer service.

You’re mistaken, there is always an excuse. It’s whether you accept the excuse or not, I have worked in a small gun shop where we made 22 rifles. I know about deadlines on orders and customer service. Sometime the more you have to leave your work to answer some redundant questions or track down someone’s gun and what point it is in the process then you lose a little work time. Now if you do that 100 times a day you lose some serious work time so sometime it is better to let a person wonder and get more work done. As far as hiring on more people well you can’t do that easily and get good help when you are pressed for time and if your work comes in waves…….I’m not going to go into sound business practice. As far as you SW post…..Aimpro has been doing business this way for a long time and they are still around, they aren’t going anywhere……

We'll see. I won't deal twice with a company that treats me that way. Especially when there are so many competitors seeking my business.

Oli- my turnaround time was 4-6 weeks. Like i said in my previous post i'll wait another 2 weeks before i jump the gun. It would be nice to know that if you ask a question by email that it could be answered at their convience. But Mike also said it might only be 3 weeks. so who knows.

maierar said:
We'll see. I won't deal twice with a company that treats me that way. Especially when there are so many competitors seeking my business.
I understand, I have felt the same way at times

Aimpro Mike Orlen

barrel port:$95 $65
thread for choke tubes: $70 $55
lengthen forcing cones: $70 $55
TURN AROUND TIME: 4-6 weeks 4-5 days
email and phone calls answered: see above within 24 hours

I have no business ties with Mike Orlen other than being a satisfied customer. I'm just supporting my argument that you don't have to endure poor cs.

Awhile back I was researching some heatshield work. I wanted Aimpro to install a heatshield on my SPX barrel that also had the Aimpro forend. I was going to do the forcing cone/ choke tube install. I sent an email, no response. Called Aimpro, lady that answered transferred me to someone, got a voicemail, and left a message. No response to that either. They make a good forend, but their CS sucks.

An anonymous note reports that any business providing services to the government ALWAYS gives them front-of-the-line priority over existing orders as it’s in their bottom-line best interest. Do Ya think this could this be the case here?

Back