• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Glock

Nice looking Glock (as if there was a bad looking one :lol:)!! I do hate how some of the 3rd Gen models come with 10 rnd mags, but you can always eBay them to a person that lives in a more restrictive state.

I got her out to the range yesterday and shot 100rnds of Federal 180 grain fmj, I have to get more trigger time with this gun. The sights are not my cup of tea, I'm used to a three dot set up. Using this cheap ammo 25.00 for 100rnds from WalMart I had one FTE, after clearing the jam it ran flawless. The first thing I did when I got home was to polish the fed ramp, I hope that will cure any future hiccups.

Ben...

Just looked at your list of firearms in your sig line...really diggin' .40 cal aren't you !? ;)

Yes, I do but I had 2 9mms in the past and will be trying a .357sig and .45acp next year after doing some research on which gun to buy in .357sig. The .45 will be a FNX .45 tactical or I might try the five-seveN.

6e378068-7f78-fe75.jpg

6e378068-7f8a-e4c5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At the risk of sounding racist, they all look the same to me. Couple of them have aftermarket barrels and it looks like the triggers are set farther back in a couple ?. Nice collection

7035659157_b20010a6b4_z.jpg

My go-to front of the bedroom safe G22 and friends. Crimson Trace is not as useful as originally thought - tweaked iPhone photo again. Some day I'll get out one of the good cameras!!! :lol:

Nice Glocks their fellas! Finally added a G26 to my collection. Bought it for the wife, but she is still waiting on her permit to carry so I've been carrying it. I may have to pick one up for myself.

oli700 said:
At the risk of sounding racist, they all look the same to me. Couple of them have aftermarket barrels and it looks like the triggers are set farther back in a couple ?. Nice collection

Oli, it looks to me as if the trigger has been pulled on an empty chamber. Same as LES's G26 above. I do that when storing my Glock 21 so that the striker spring is at rest and under no load.

oh , I got ya. I thought it might be a mod to reduce pull or the .....the.....LOP for your finger ? I know thats called something lol. It looks like one has an aftermarket slide ?

I think that is the Capsian slide. Several companies are offering slides now. They mostly just give you the forward cocking serrations and a stainless finish. Lone Wolf sells slides, frames and everything so you can actually build your own Glock, just how you want it, much like a 1911 and AR.

tcecil88 said:
I think that is the Capsian slide. Several companies are offering slides now. They mostly just give you the forward cocking serrations and a stainless finish. Lone Wolf sells slides, frames and everything so you can actually build your own Glock, just how you want it, much like a 1911 and AR.

I know a guy local here in MI, a machinist, that will cut serrations on your slide. He's done many for the guys around here and even for the Magpul guys. I've thought about gettingtg the top and front cut on my glock but just havent had the extra cash to do it.

I posted this on another forum when asked about the +2 baseplates for the Glock 21. It occurred to me some here might find it useful as well. I do not know how many different generations of magazines are out there though. If anyone has info on that, please feel free to pass it on. I have one of the old style non-drop free mags, 2 of the Gen2 drop free mags, and 3 of the mags with a small window near the top of the mag (see pic). I know of the Gen 4 mags and know they will work in my Gen 2. Did I miss any?

The Scherer +2 plate I have works with my old style mag, pt# 3920. It is marked "Super2 10mm/.45 A.C.P." in small letters.
Because of the spring guide, it does not allow 2 extra rounds in my newer style mags, I assume because of the new style follower and spring. Newer versions of this plate may work with the new mags, but my plate is a leftover from my first G21 from years ago.

DSC01041.jpg

The Pearce Grip +2 plate does allow the extra 2 on all my mags as it does not use a spring guide. It is marked with a large "+2 45-10" on the bottom. These would be the ones to get. They seem to work fine and do not rattle when fully loaded using the newer mags that have the little window above the spring catch notch that you can see the metal through. The 2 mags that I have that do not have this window rattle when fully loaded, so I put the factory plates back on those 2 and will use those for EDC.

DSC01042-1.jpg

DSC01044.jpg

I hope this helps. To me, for the cost of around $10, these are cheap enough to experiment with. If you decide to go this route, just make sure you get the Pearce Grip ones marked "+2 45-10" in large letters on the bottom of the plate. It is one of the cheaper and easier mods you can do, but not a neccessary one.

The window is, I believe, a new cut that works with the Ambi mag release on the Gen 4 guns.

Back