• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New Member from Albany, NY

Hello everyone. My name is Jack and I joined this forum because I am the proud new owner of Mossberg 500 12gauge 50th Anniversary. This is my first firearm. I have found that online forums such as this one are a great place to meet some like minded people and discuss what we have in common (in this case it's Mossberg). I look forward to learning as much as I can.

Some pics of me and my new shotgun:
DSCF5379.jpg

DSCF5381.jpg

DSCF5380.jpg

DSCF5382.jpg

DSCF5378.jpg

DSCF5376.jpg

DSCF5375.jpg

Welcome to the forums.

That is one nice looking 500.

(Watch that trigger on the finger in those pics.)

I saw that after the pics were taken. I have shot many other guns and I am usually pretty safe. I guess I had my guard down since I just finished cleaning and reassembling it. ;) Still, I always try to treat any gun like it's loaded.

A Zombies Minge said:
kostas71 said:
Welcome from Greece!

Welcome, I see you are a new member as well. What prompted you to join this forum?
Well yes, I'm a new member as well and happy to join this forum...
Actually I found the forum while searching for aftermarket accessories for my Mossberg shotgun, I think it is the only way to get lots of information for our common passion and what else could be better than an American forum for Mossbergs?
By the way, Mossberg is selling really good in Greece!

Thanks for the welcome. Seems like people on this forum tend to be respectful of each other, which is more than I can say for many of the other forums I am member of.
I found this forum when researching my 50th Anniversary 500 before I bought it. So far it seems like there is a lot of useful info put together by a group of people who know what their taking about.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM1OIMPCCD0[/youtube]

Welcome to Mossberg Owners Forum! I want to add one of those to my collection soon before they stop making them.

Howdy A Zombies Minge and welcome to the club!

What are your plans for that shiny new beast? Great choice by the way...any hunting? or just target shooting?

DHonovich said:
Welcome to Mossberg Owners Forum! I want to add one of those to my collection soon before they stop making them.

Cool little video. I was unaware these were a limited production run. Do you know how many in total they plan to make or if there is a way to find out where in the run mine was produced? I know with a lot of limited production runs (cars, guns, etc.) you can find out based on the serial# what number out of the total your is.

ripjack13 said:
Howdy A Zombies Minge and welcome to the club!

What are your plans for that shiny new beast? Great choice by the way...any hunting? or just target shooting?

I plan on keeping this gun completely original except maybe a skeet choke. I am buying a JIC II for home defense and the zombie apocalypse which I will end up buying all sorts of add-ons for, but I feel like the anniversary edition should be a nice sport gun.

I am considering some deer hunting next season. Depends on how good I get with it over the summer. I like shooting skeet and trap but don't know if I would enjoy shooting birds. Deer I know I love and would love to have my own venison supply.

mingaa said:
Welcome from St. Louis, MO M8!! Good call to keep the special edition gun stock and not to second guess you on the JIC but here's a good Mossberg shorty at a good price: http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/prod ... 8rnd+CB+PG = Mossberg 500 Cruiser 12g 20" 8rnd for $308 shipped (+FFL).

Thanks, I like the Cruiser, mostly for the added ammo capacity. I want to get an adjustable tactical stock, flashlight, and extra shell holder for my my home defense gun. I am also really fond of the Mariner finish so I have been looking into one of those as well.

Welcome aboard and congrats on your 50th anniversary 500!

We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so be sure to post up some pics of any other firearms you own in the various sub-forums. You'll find that we're into a lot more than just Mossberg around here. Let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

Welcome to Mossberg Owners, thats a sweet firearm!!!

#1. We have to know the back story on the sex with zombies thing.
#2. You skate too?
#3. Have you fired pistol grip only shotguns like the JIC?
#4. Have you done any bird hunting? Do it one time and you'll be lookin for your own dog! :D

If youre wantin another gun for HD/SD, have you considered something like the Persuader with 8 round capacity but with a shorter stock? They can often be found for about $300 with a matte finish.

I was at a local place here last night called Jungle Jims. Its an international private owned market where you can find anything from alligator to kangaroo meat. Buffalo, and baby octopus salad.Every imaginable fruit and fish. Cheese, beer, whiskey, wine, sausage... heck chopsticks and cuttlery too! Point is they also sell pheasant. FOR $30 A BIRD!!! Theres a good deal of meat on a pheasant, not as much on wild birds as on farmed birds, but still, plenty of meat. Two of those birds on an open flame with just a little seasoning is an excellent meal!!! And its exciting, I highly recommend it if ever you have a chance! ;)

Again, Welcome to MO and thanks for the kind words regarding the forum!

Back