• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recoil Pad options for 590?

CrackerKen said:
Does the pre-fit Limbsaver pad for the 500 also fit the 590A1? Are the socks on the 590A1 the same as the 500? I noticed that Limbsaver doesn't list a pad specifically for a 590/590A1. I want to make sure I order up the correct model.

Yes,

The pads for the 500 will be fully interchangeable with 590/590a1 models as Mossberg uses the same size stock for all of them.

My shoulder is still sore from shooting a dozen 3" along with 150 2-3/" two weeks ago.
Bought a Precision-Fit Recoil Pad (model 10201) for my 590a1 from Wally world. Piece of cake installing. My shoulder thanks you all for all the reviews.

I use Limbsavers on my Mossberg shotguns, best $35 each that I have spent. On the 930 SP I think I am running the #10200 and on my 590A1 with Hogue 12" LOP, it's the #10102.

1st of all this is my first post here. Looks like a very informative group.

Could someone give me the model # for the screw on limbsaver that will work with the 590a1. I have the regular stock ( not speedfed or hogue)

Thanks,
Chris

Hi,
I'm new here, great site! I'm looking to pick up a 590A1 and want to de-claw it!

So I was considering the Limbsaver or the Knoxx Compstock.

You guys who have used both, which do you prefer and why? Which dampens better? Anyway to compine the two?

Thanx!

les_garten said:
Hi,
I'm new here, great site! I'm looking to pick up a 590A1 and want to de-claw it!

So I was considering the Limbsaver or the Knoxx Compstock.

You guys who have used both, which do you prefer and why? Which dampens better? Anyway to compine the two?

Thanx!

Haven't used the compstock, but my Limbsaver recoil pad makes shoot'n my 590a1 with full power loads feel like a pillow fight...

^^^ +1. I've had rotator cuff surgery on my right shoulder 2x. Still gets sore from time to time. Shooting with the Limbsaver didn't cause me any problems at all. It works as advertised and is relatively economical.

Hello all, new here

Got a quick question. My LOP is right around 13" on the dot. I am planning my Mossberg 590A1 GRS 20" purchase and was thinking about how I would achieve getting this LOP. I was planning on getting the Hogue 12" LOP over-rubber stock and adding a limb saver (I believe it was #10102, can anyone confirm) to that and calling it close enough and more than doable.

However, I saw a post on another forum that adding the Limbsaver slip on type recoil pad in size small to the end of the Hogue stock (meaning over the recoil pad installed on the stock without removing it) would achieve a 13" LOP. The poster had mentioned that the limbsaver still does its job of absorbing recoil and achieves the 13" LOP due to the fact that the limbsaver itself adds 1" plus that of the 12" length of the Hogue stock. Can anyone confirm this for me that knows this will work or has the Hogue stock and the slip on type Limbsaver? Thank you in advance.

The slip on limbsaver will add 1" to the hogue 12" lop making it the desired length for you. I have that set up.

I'm runnin that set-up too...

Yes, the Hogue 12" LOP + slip-on Limbsaver in size small will land you 13" LOP. It'll also feel like you're get'n hit with a marshmallow when you're shoot'n full powered loads...

Finally got to try the Limbsaver on my 12"LOP Hogue stock today. Count me as sold on the Limbsaver! I tried it with the Hogue pad and without and found it a little short for me without. I'm glad the pad is locked down now to what works for me. The other plus is that it fits tighter with the Hogue pad on too.

1...2...3...SOLD!!!

Good to hear it's working for ya...Those pads are awesome!

I forgot to mention that if I'm ever shooting in winter garb or other gear it will be easy to sdjust the LOP before heading out by removing the 1" Hogue pad. Yesterday I just had a t-shirt on.

Also forgot to mention how awesome that 590 is. I love shooting it. I'm glad I held out until I found one...it was worth the wait. Got some nice comments from other shooters it too.

Back