• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Question about Sling Mount Stud, 590A1

Good deal Snowman! I'm glad you got through to OFM and very pleased theyre takin care of you!

I cant recommend a soft case... I wouldnt know where to start other than to say check out our "Bags and Bagage" section, same place as ammunition, photo and video gallery, product reviews... etc. There are some who use soft sided cases and there is a thread called "Range Bags" I think, but if you dont see anything dont be afraid to start a new thread and ask for input.

I like the TruBall slugs too, and I know NiteSite does as well as a number of others here! And if youre hard-core for shotguns, youre def in the right place and among friends!!! :D

Wow...perfect, and a great price, to boot! Ken, you're a scholar and a wizard. I had to scout around on-line a bit, because just about everybody was out-of-stock and "backordered" on the 42-inch model, but I finally found one that even had free shipping. Now, if I can figure out the intricacies of this ghost ring sight, I'll be set to go. The stiffness in the trigger and the slide action is already smoothing up a bit for me.

Not a problem Snowman. Thanks.

All I have is a front bead sight. It doesn't require much adjustment. :mrgreen:

I'm also retired LEO, but I've been out 20 years now. I just did my up to date 218 qualification last week.

CrackerKen said:
I'm also retired LEO, but I've been out 20 years now. I just did my up to date 218 qualification last week.

I had just shy of 39 years on when I retired. Guess I just didn't have sense enough to leave, Ken. The department was big enough to have different jobs to do, and there was always something to learn. Besides, I never could get connected with another good job. You know how the old timers used to say, "You don't retire from the job, you retire to a job".

I just went to my first HR 218 qual earlier this year. I thought it'd feel strange, but I actually enjoyed seeing everybody.

Again...thanks for your kindness. Figures you'd be a gauge man. :)

Ooooops! Looks like I spoke too soon.

Thank you for your recent purchase. Unfortunately, the item(s) that you ordered are currently out of stock. Your order has been set as high priority and will ship as soon as we receive the item(s) from our supplier.

I can't find anybody on line who has the 42-inch case in stock. Guess I'll just have to wait until they fill the backorders. All the same, Ken, thanks for the tip on that particular case.

Snowman366 said:
Ooooops! Looks like I spoke too soon.

Thank you for your recent purchase. Unfortunately, the item(s) that you ordered are currently out of stock. Your order has been set as high priority and will ship as soon as we receive the item(s) from our supplier.

I can't find anybody on line who has the 42-inch case in stock. Guess I'll just have to wait until they fill the backorders. All the same, Ken, thanks for the tip on that particular case.

Have you tried http://www.midwestgunworks.com they always seem to have a good assortment of gun cases.
Sparky45

I had the same issue with my 590 A-1. The problem with the 9 shot A-1 is if you replace the magazine cap it makes a bayonet mount impossible. I just tightened mine until it was tight, then backed it off, (about 1/8th turn), until it was even. Then I mounted the sling. It can't come off with the sling attached. It would have to unwind several turns for it to do so. I can't help but think it was designed this way, as there would be no way to time it to tighten perfectly.

I mounted a Vanguard Tactical Sling on mine and I am very happy with it and the gun. The Vanguard Tactical Model has a very wide "grippy" rubber surface that contacts the shoulder area when the gun is being carried. It also has the detachable sling swivels sewn right into the sling itself, so you will never lose them. This is the sling.

http://www.cabelas.com/shooting-gear-va ... ng-2.shtml

Back