• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

How are we doing as a Mossberg Forum?

I'll make that a +2! We appreciate the insight, and though you've been here just a few days, you've pretty much nailed what we have goin on and what we strive for.

I can say we dont have any reports or warnings against any members as of yet in the nearly year that the forum has been up. We like practicallity, academic, and debate regarding both. We also like the Tac'ed out zombie guns too. Its your goat and youre the only one feeding it, I dont care how you spend your money to get it dressed for the prom.

We do as a community try to offer product tests and real experience to give other members as much information as possible to make informed decisions more than educated guesses. It takes all of us to get that info on here! We have some military and LEO on here ( I saw Semer Fi in your siggy, Thank You!!!) who offer additional points of view we otherwise wouldnt have.

Its a good place and we are grateful for all those who sign on! ;)

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Well said Brad!

Hey, you have any pics of that goat in the promdress? :lol:

lol, no... Not yet!!! The kids have been talkin about dressin him up though! :D

Pretty clear from what I've read in this forum and some of the others is that folks show respect and get respect in return-- exactly what it should be. I'll be shooting a Glock 19 in an indoor GSSF match tomorrow, and maybe get the 590A1 out for some exercise on Sunday. Wishing everyone a safe weekend....

No concerns at all, Doc. I'm loving it here and this is my #1 forum to spend time on.

I'm really impressed that you've brought so many quality manufacturers on board, a very good result of what I am sure took some effort.

This site will continue to grow and with similar good fortune the sister sites will take off in a similar manner. Getting Ithaca to make IthacaOwners their official web site was fantastic!

Thanks for all your efforts, and those of the other members as well!!!!!!

April there was under 400 members, today (Nov 23) there are now 1059 members, nice job.

I like this forum mostly for the quality of members and their replys. Lots of information sharing on numerous posts and helpful insight from what feels like friends talking. Usually on other forums you can pick out the trouble maker that favors a specific model, manufacture, or caliber and to not agree with him starts a flame war (I usually skip over reading any of their post). I have not been able to associate any M.O. member as acting like that.

The contest that have been run are a huge factor in making the forum a great place to spend time on. Very interesting to learn about members from all over, what they do for a living, what they look like.

The only bad thing I can think of is sometimes the site is slow. I know things will pick up as the member numbers grow. Biggest problem for me is that I work 12 hour shifts thru the night hours and keep checking the forum every hour, of course everyone is sleeping when I want to talk guns. :lol:

I do have to make more effort to look at the vendor sections, I am sure they would like to see more traffic on their subsections. I am guilty of just clicking the "new post" linky when I stop by.

I am glad you are enjoying the site and I am sure in time the site will pick up to the point that no matter what time of day there will be plenty of traffic.

DHonovich said:
I am looking to get some feedback from members about the site. I want to hear the good and the bad.

Are you kidding me? I only wish I'd stumbled in here sooner! Fantastic forum. I suspect it's only a matter of time before it will become hugely popular. Take care. Tom Worthington.

I came in need of some helpful guidance and got it... it is a good place to commiserate and be encouraged. Thanks for all the helpful input.

Back