• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 85B

wedweb

Copper BB
Hi everyone.

I am looking for a trigger guard for a Mossberg 85B 20ga shotgun. None of the sites selling parts ever have them in stock. Does any of the other models' trigger guards fit the 85B? Or....does anyone have an 85B and can take theirs off and trace it so I can make one? I have seen one on ebay for the 185D which I think replaced the 85B model. So that got me thinking I could use it as is or modify it to fit.

I don't know when the was last fired. Should I take precautions in shooting it, like clamping it and string firing it?

What is the most versatile choke for this one? To use with bird, squirrel or rabbit.

Thank you for any information. I saw someone else on this site rechromed and totally redid his bolt action 20ga. That looked great. I'll have to ask him how much that cost.

Bo

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum wedweb !!

I would be cautious if the firearm you mention is old and you do not know the last time it was fired or serviced. A competent gunsmith may be the answer to making sure it is safe to use, as well as a source for parts broken or damaged.

Have you tried Numrich Gun Parts in your search for that trigger guard...?!

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/

Thank you for the welcome and the information. I have tried them and a few others. They show them, but they are always out.

I will check out with a local gunsmith to see about the safety of the gun.

Bo

Back