• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Sling for my 50th anniversary

I am looking for a sling, preferably cotton or nylon, that I can mount to my 50th anniversary 500 without any real modification. I want to keep my gun original, but add a sling for carrying purpose. I am looking for a sling that will not harm my finish and is not a permanent fixture. I have been looking over this section at all the different styles and types of slings and I just cant tell which one would suit me best.

Just something pretty basic and complimentary?

For cotton or nylon i'd look for a 1" GI web sling. In leather i'd recommend the hunter style sling Oli posted, those are pretty nice, not expensive for leather, would look at home on the 500 and would also use 1" swivels!

This is the one I keep coming back to:

930spxnobwm.jpg

What I can't see from the pics is how it attaches to the mag tube?

Ahhh, Yes! I like that one too from Gear Sector! I"m hopin to get one of these one day!

GS-2P Quick Adjust
img

So if you like the sling, you can check these out;
Adapters

and find one that meets your needs from a side release buckle with a strap to fit a standard swivel to mil-spec HK style ITW CLASH hooks, to push button QD swivels... The strap that will wrap an A2 front gas block on an M4/AR will also fit a 1" swivel I believe.

This kind of sling will adjust very quickly from carry to shouldered.

The Viking Tactical by Blue Force Gear is very similar. Theres a thread on here in this section for that as well, it may say "VTac"?

Back