• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Finally!

It took them long enough but Bud's finally sent me my Mossberg 500. It is the Mossberg 5003R 12 gauge, 20" 7+1 with Tri-Rail Forearm, model 50575. Paid $334.00 for it at BudsGunShop.com. Other than two 48-shell bandoliers which I got for $21 including shipping from SportsmansGuide.com (for the pair, it was a two-pack) I don't have any accessories for it yet but I do plan on putting a tactical light on it soon, along with a TacStar 6-shell sidesaddle. I'm keeping it loaded with 00 buckshot, chamber empty.

In regards to the sidesaddle, this forearm does NOT overlap the receiver so I anticipate no problems installing the TacStar without modifications.

I'm new to posting pictures here and the preview looks pretty funky even after reducing the image sizes so I'm including direct links to them on Photobucket.

Not the best picture quality on this one, my apologies.
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s509/kwizzer2869/mossberg1.jpg
mossberg1.jpg

This is the forearm in it's closest position to the receiver. There should be no problems installing the sidesaddle. Note the small rail on the side. There is another one just like it on the opposite side and a long one underneath running the length of the forearm.
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s509/kwizzer2869/forearm1.jpg
forearm1.jpg

As an aside, my experience with BudsGunShop.com was a very disappointing one. Delays I understand, but their unwillingness to even respond to my inquiries was disheartening. I doubt I use them again.

Sweet !

I hear you on Buds man....I just waited 16 days for a handgun and I live in the real USA....but to their defense did you get the canned email from them with an explanation ?

oli700 said:
Sweet !

I hear you on Buds man....I just waited 16 days for a handgun and I live in the real USA....but to their defense did you get the canned email from them with an explanation ?

I live in Texas. And no, I never got any email from them after they confirmed they had received payment and they had put my order in "shipping" status, where it remained for almost a month. I never even got an email saying it had in fact shipped, and neither did the dealer handling my FFL transfer. I sent a total of six email inquiries requesting a status update, all of which were ignored except for a canned reply stating "A representative will follow-up with you as soon as possible" for each one. They won't discuss an existing order on the phone either. Their prices may be good but not good enough to make up for such abysmal customer service. Next time I'll pay a little more someplace else.

Good lookin shotgun! Essentially a Persuader with the railed forend.

I have a 7+1 Persuader too. I'm rather fond of it, it was my very first Mossberg ever!

kwizzer said:
oli700 said:
Sweet !

I live in Texas. And no, I never got any email from them after they confirmed they had received payment and they had put my order in "shipping" status

What I was meaning was I don’t live in a state with a waiting period yet I waited over most if not all waiting periods …..but a month is way long. That is some bad service! I had a hard time getting a hold of them but they sent the notifications when status changed.I also used the Echeck so I could get the cash discount and they said that added time to it as well....no biggie but they advertise that they ship in 7 working days

Here is the email I got after I received my gun :lol:

This notice is being sent to all customers who recently placed an order with http://www.budsgunshop.com and may not necessarily apply to your order.

If you are not already aware of what is going on in the firearms industry, there is no doubt you soon will be via the media. Our sales in the month of February were over FIVE TIMES what they were back in February 2009 following the last presidential election...and you may recall those were some pretty crazy times ! We did plan for 2012 to be another challenging election year....but we admittedly did not plan for this level of volume, and definitely not this early in the year !

Although your order may not have experienced a delay, we would like to apologize to anyone who has, or is currently, experiencing a delay in shipping. Our order volume unexpectedly skyrocketed in February, far beyond our capacity to process and ship. We immediately began the process of expanding our facilities, adding additional staff, and working extended hours...but those efforts are just now starting to pay off.

The good news is that we are starting to get back on top of things. We are currently shipping out more orders each day that what we are taking in, so it is now just a matter of clearing the backlog that was created in February. Since Monday we have been able to ship out 300 more guns than what we sold during that same time....so the backlog should be cleared shortly at this rate. We are shipping oldest orders first (first in - first out) so clearing this backlog will cause some newer orders to ship closer to the "7" in our advertised "3 to 7 business days" terms. Many repeat customers were so use to us shipping in 3 days they started to get concerned when their order had not shipped in 5 days...even though we were well within our "3 to 7 business days" terms. Also, "business days" refers to Monday-Friday only, as neither UPS or USPS pick up packages at our warehouse on weekends.

We sincerely apologize if you experienced a delay and assure you we are continuing to do everything we possibly can to prevent future delays. We have also suspended all cancellation fees for any delayed orders. If you order has been delayed, and you prefer to cancel your order at this time....we will be glad to accommodate that request with absolutely no fees....we need more guns anyway !

We appreciate the business and commit to do a better job next time if given the opportunity.

Kind Regards,

Team Buds

Back