• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Tactical .22 Autoloader Accessories...

Here's how I run mine...

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330477745.678265.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330477745.678265.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 5,951
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330477813.143679.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330477813.143679.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 5,950
I did mine on the cheap and just got a hanger for a picture frame from the local hardware store.
tac22.jpg
Sure am hoping the delay in getting new mag's out for this thing is due to fixing the poor quality control. I broke down and just bought another 10 rounder and it also had problems. The ears at the top were pinched in to close and wouldn't allow the bullets to slide easily from the mag causing jam issues. At least it was an easy fix.

toyracer38[b:37r1zlbu] said:
I did mine on the cheap and just got a hanger for a picture frame from the local hardware store[/b].
tac22.jpg
Sure am hoping the delay in getting new mag's out for this thing is due to fixing the poor quality control. I broke down and just bought another 10 rounder and it also had problems. The ears at the top were pinched in to close and wouldn't allow the bullets to slide easily from the mag causing jam issues. At least it was an easy fix.

now thats what i'm talking about, great idea, well done

Got an email alert from Cheaperthandirt saying they had mag's for the Tac22. Of course I called right away and they were already out again :(

toyracer38 said:
Got an email alert from Cheaperthandirt saying they had mag's for the Tac22. Of course I called right away and they were already out again :(

sounds typical to me, seems there must be some huge rush on these mags since anyone who lists them for sale, seems to have mysteriously sold out by the time even the fastest call in, :!: makes me wonder 2 things, 1 did they have any at all, :twisted: and 2, why cant a big gun maker like mossberg seem to be able to supply what they advertise, :evil: i mean really? short supply on plastic mags? no flat tops available ? if it was my company, someones a** would kicked or fired :oops: !!!

jimmydeuce said:
Mossberg is showing them in stock online. Bass Pro is too. I bought 2 more I found at the gun range the other day.

well its good someones got them,makes me feel ucky that when i got my tac22 right here on cgn, it came with 1x10 and 4x25 round mags :D ! so i dont have to worry about the 25 rounders,

Yeah I also looked on BassProShop and saw they had some, so I ordered 2 of them. $29.99 each Ouch! Oh well, got my confirmation email that they have been shipped and I'm a happy camper. Also today, I received a tactical grip I had bought off of ebay and real happy with it also. Once the mag's get here I will have to post a new picture of my Mossy.

Hogue Handall Jr. Pistol Grip

First forgive the green color, it's the zombie version and I won it for $.99 on eBay versus the $8 for black versions. Figure if it doesn't work, not a huge loss.

So I have big hands. I'm a big guy, and the standard AR grip actually hurts my hand. Just holding this thing out of the box I knew I had to do something, and since the grip is not interchangeable I figured this was the next best thing.

The positives: it's very comfortable, it doesn't move, it's very comfortable (yes I said it twice it's such an improvement).

The negatives: it tore while installing. Due to the lip at the bottom of the pistol grip it requires some stretching to put on. I, in my usual hasty manner, did not opt to use dish soap or water to slide it on, I just used force. I'm impatient. The other negative is that you will have to remove it to disassemble the weapon. Now, it's a .22, so if you're like me, that may only be every 5,000 rounds, give or take. I have no problem shooting some CLP in the bolt and running a boresnake through my .22's, all of them. This comes to less than once a year depending on how much shooting gets done. Frankly, for the comfort, I'm okay dropping a few bucks every other year on a new Hogue grip.

The part number for a black version is 18000. The part number for the zombie green version is 18005.

Now, for the eye candy!

DSC00355.jpg

Not sure what happened to the image on this pic, counters have some pink in them, and I guess the green from the grip made the sensor trip out.
DSC00356.jpg

Here's another idea. I bought a single point ring attachment thinking I could fit it in the same manner on the tube but it was too thick and the bolt hole wouldn't realign. The attachment ring had a very large eye (as opposed to the "little" eye on the standard posts) suitable for the larger quick disconnect sling clamps. So, I put the faux charging handle to good use by drilling through it, removing the eye from the ring attachment, getting a longer bolt from Lowes and problem solved. And you could put it on either or both sides. The eye is kind of "frozen" in but a little persuasion with a hammer will free it from the ring. The original screw is too short for the Mossberg handle thickness.

Attachments

• 398074.jpg
    398074.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 5,520
  • 2012-07-04_17-36-22_378.jpg
    2012-07-04_17-36-22_378.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 5,521
I put a Ruger long 'brake on my 702Tact , but the slot to fit around the Ruger's front sight looked like crap.
What I did was , I used a center post for a solar garden light and cut to shape to fit into the 'brakes slot.
Yeah..it's just plastic , but the barrel on a .22lr isn't going to get hot enough to affect it .Looks alot better...and cost was zip...

Solar light tube - uncut
barrelshroud1.jpg

Tube cut and fitted into 'brake

muz.jpg

Re: Hogue Handall Jr. Pistol Grip

The Limbsaver Grip for AR15 Model#12014 is about $8 and fits much much better. Got mine from KeepShooting.com

Mossberg 715T, 16.5", 25Rd, Adj Stk 290.37 BudsGunShop
Magnifier (EOTech replica) 55.00 DealExtreme
Red Dot (EOTech replica) 50.00 DealExtreme
UTG Foregrip/Bipod 27.00 Amazon
Red Laser/Flashlight 75.00 Amazon
2 - Spare 25Rd Mags 54.00 KYGUNCO.com
UTG Rail Covers 7.95 Amazon
Limbsaver Grip for AR15 8.95 KeepShooting.com
ATI Razorback Butt Pad 17.95 KeepShooting.com
FFL Transfer Fee 25.00
--------
611.22 (prices include all shipping and/or tax)

Mounting accessories

Hi,

I Just bought the 702 tactical & have never dealt with the rails before.

If I want to add a scope etc... is there piece that needs to be added between the existing rails and the scope of should a scope be capable of attaching to the rails on the gun?

thanks,
Newb Steve

Re: Mounting accessories

The scope mount will fit right on to the rails on the gun. Just look for one that fits the Picatinny rail that the gun has on it.

Magpul Stock

Hey there, gonna go ahead and buy one of the 715t's in the next few weeks here. I was just wondering if the Magpul stock is compatible with it.

Thanks.

So long as it's a commercial butt , it'll fit on the tube.
I do believe Magpul deals with both commercial and military stocks which are 2 different sizes
Standard 1" Weaver mounts will fit the pictinney rails.
With the 715 flat top , you may need a riser under your scope / red dot.
I found optics will sit very low on top and will be very hard to get them dailed in.
These risers can be found very affordable on E-Bay , along with all kinds of tactical goodies that will accessorize the Mossy tact's
For example..
http://www.ebay.com/itm/150592235720?ss ... 1423.l2649

Thanks for the input. I appreciate it! Just didn't want to waste money on a stock that wouldn't fit, and I figured someone had to know on here. :D

Back