• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Bersa

Bersa?
I've heard postitve things about them...I know very little about them...I've been looking for a decent smaller pistol, and if the reviews and you tube raves are any indication, then it is a good buy. As it stands now I'm getting a Bersa .380. Thats the way it's looking...

I've researched the Beretta Cheetah, Walther PPK/S and Sig P228, and they are very nice, and very expensive. With the Bersa, I will save myself some money, which I can use to buy ammo.

It's a good call Gunner,

An older German made PPK/S would be great, but now that S&W is making them the new ones are riddled with reliability issues. Let us know how you like the Bersa if you end up getting one...

LES
I made it a point to stop by the local GS and take a closer look at a Bersa. They are very well made, I was impressed. Very good quality for comparatively little money...WOW!

Update;
They made me an offer that was hard to pass up... its a done deal...in duo-tone :D
I'm one of those people who really hadn't paid that much attention to the Bersas...Seen them in the shops sure! You did me a solid LES, cause I was gonna spend a bunch of money that I really didn't need to spend.
Thanks
G

Yes Sir, glad to help.

I've always been really impressed with mine and I'm happy to see that you liked it. Be sure to post up some pics and let us know how she shoots for you...

SHOOTER13 said:
My BERSA Thunder 45 Ultra Compact...

BERSATHUNDER45small-1.jpg

The Compact versions of the Bersa Thunder full size handguns were introduced at the end of the 1990s. Initially the name was "Mini Thunder" later changed to "Thunder Ultra Compact". Avalilable chamberings are 9 mm Parabellum, .40 S&W and .45 ACP. The .45 version is not available in a full size. Barrel length is reduced to 3.5 inches (3.6 for the .45 ACP caliber).

The Thunder Ultra Compact features a security key to activate a security locking system located on the left side of the frame under the take down lever, in the locked position the hammer cannot be cocked, the trigger won't work in double action, the slide won't cycle and the gun cannot be disassembled. Each pistol has an individual key.
Bud's has the whole line of Ultra Compacts at $400. Certainly should be on anyone's CCW list - was on mine until I "stole" a Taurus 709 for $270 - a deal too good to refuse.

I got mine for $255 and change...
I gave it the carry test in a blackhawk IWB holster yesterday while out doing yard work and gardening...It passed the comfortable to carry test with flying colors.

Gophers beware! :eek:

I picked up a promag for it...I see the reviews on promag are all over the place...the clerk at cabelas said if it didn't work bring it back for a refund or exchange. 20 bucks less than the Bersa mag...I'll give it a try....

Let us know how it works for you. Haven't had much luck with Promag myself but like you said, it's hit or miss...

The ProMag worked fine...I can't say how it will do over the long haul, initial shooting results? it was ok and on a par with the factory mag.

I had problems with the brass case/reloadable Herters brand of .380. ammo. It is made for Herters by Seller & Bellot. The Bersa didn't like it at all. Poor accuracy and FTF's. I could occasionally get through a magazine yet averaged about one FTF per magazine...even with the factory madazine...not cool...

The moment I switched to a Federal or Hornady premium ammo the FTF problems vanished...and I could cut a ragged hole in the target with 7 rounds at 30 feet slightly under POA...not bad...

Before somebody points out they use Herters ammo and it works wonderfully in their Bresa, please bear in mind this IS a new pistiol, and these are preliminary observations. I am going to try different brands of ball ammo and see if I can find something other than premium ammo that functions reliably.

If the ProMag worked for you the first time out, then you should be good to go. All the problems I've had were immediate and they wouldn't run from the start. Mine was tricky with ammo for the first couple range trips, but she warmed up to bulk ball before long. Keep us posted...

It's all good, besides I don't give up easily...

I think you are right I just need to get some time in at the range with it and work some of the practice ammo kinks out of it.

I did notice the Herters was a tad warmer than the premium ammo...don't now if or how, that would figure in...or not. Just an observation.

The good news is it works flawlessly with the ammo I need it to work flawlessly with...the rest I can work out as I go...

Picked up a Nickle finished Thunder 380 at the beginning of the month. My wife deemed it "sexy" and claimed it for herself. She calls it her James Bond pistol. She enjoys shooting it because the weight and smaller 380 cartridge makes the recoil manageable. I guess I will have to pick up a 380 CC for myself.

Then I get six texts in a row from her Dad berating me for getting his baby girl an underpowered 380. "shoulda got her a 45". Sometimes you just cant win.

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 66
No offense to your father-in-law Nick, but this statement below means a whole lot more than anything he coulda typed in his six texts...

Nick Burkhardt said:
My wife deemed it "sexy" and claimed it for herself. She calls it her James Bond pistol. She enjoys shooting it because the weight and smaller 380 cartridge makes the recoil manageable.

Better she carry a firearm she's comfortable enough with to enjoy practicing and become proficient. I love my .45's and carry them most of the time. However, my wife hates shooting them and carries her .380. She can unload the entire mag exactly where she wants it and to me that's a lot more important in a defensive situation than the size of the holes.

Congrats on the new BT380! These things are some solid shooters. I love the nickel finish...

That is what I say. A 380 with you is better than a 45 in the safe.

I think I will be picking up a full size Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm for myself this weekend.

Back