• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500/590 Aftermarket Stock OPTIONS

Re: Stock and pistol grip differences

as far as fit? the receivers are different widths. using a 12 gauge grip on a 20 gauge, you will get a bit of a step.

I havent done it but that is the way I understand it works as well

Mspan, my understanding is the same. While I'm told it will fit, it would be just as Fronty said.

A useful thread. Do I have *any* options other than Tac-Star for matching forend vertical grips and pistol grips? Not to be all OCD about it, but I'd sure like them to match. Best would be a foregrip that incorporated a flashlight and still matched the rear pistol grip, but I haven't found one like this.

While I'm at it, anyone tried out those Tac-Star grips?

EDIT: Found that FAB Defense makes an ergonomic foregrip with integrated flashlight holder that is a style match to its pistol grips, but I can't find the former on sale anywhere.

I'm definitely lovinG the Fab Defense collapsible folding shock absorbing stock...

e82bd6a3.jpg

8557048e.jpg

Stock advice needed!

Hello all! I recently purchased a Mossberg 500 Tactical Cruiser, which I will pick up on Tuesday. I was calling the local ranges today, only to find that they don't allow PGO shotguns (I didn't know of this being that this is my first experience with a gun and a range). I've read quite a bit of info on stocks, however I'm at a standstill. I'm looking at ATI and Knoxx, and would like to hear from fellow 500 owners. I am looking for the stock only, as I would like to give the stock forend a try. Thanks in advance!

Re: Stock advice needed!

I have the Knoxx on my maveick. It does reduce the recoil some, but with bird shot, its not as noticeable as with 3" buck shot.

I run the Blackhawk Knoxx on my 590 and I have a Hogue short LOP on my 590a1. I love 'em both...

Stock advice needed!

Lazy...

Seeing your 590 with the standoff barrel and a heatshield, does that heatshield fit my 500 with a standoff? Also, what side saddle and forend are you using? GREAT looking guns, btw!

I really love the Hogue short LOP!!!

To me it helps negate felt or perceived recoil by allowing me to get square behind the gun! Reasonably inexpensive and the traditional styled stock means less learning curve! ;)

r_adesigns said:
Lazy...

Seeing your 590 with the standoff barrel and a heatshield, does that heatshield fit my 500 with a standoff? Also, what side saddle and forend are you using? GREAT looking guns, btw!

Thank you Sir,

The ATI heat-shield should fit just fine on your barrel as well. I'm using a TacStar side saddle and UTG Tri-rail forend.

UTG Tri-rail

The combination requires a bit of modification in order to work together, but it's very simple and only took about five minutes. Here's the mod I posted a while back...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
I picked up a Tacstar saddle and immediately noticed that the forend was hitting the base when retracting the pump. A simple mod will take care of the problem. I've always been one for the quick and easy fix whenever possible. Here's a pic of my TacStar mod for reference...

All I had to do was drill a second hole 1/2" (center to center) inside the existing hole at the rear of the base plate. Drilling it slightly smaller than the others will eliminate the need for a nut to secure the screw. There is now plenty of room for clearance in the action using my aftermarket forend. The whole process took less than five minutes. I've fired several hundred rounds through this 590 and have had no movement in the TacStar at all...

r_adesigns said:
Hello all! I recently purchased a Mossberg 500 Tactical Cruiser, which I will pick up on Tuesday. I was calling the local ranges today, only to find that they don't allow PGO shotguns (I didn't know of this being that this is my first experience with a gun and a range). I've read quite a bit of info on stocks, however I'm at a standstill. I'm looking at ATI and Knoxx, and would like to hear from fellow 500 owners. I am looking for the stock only, as I would like to give the stock forend a try. Thanks in advance!

There's free shipping on our website and if you follow our Facebook page you might find a deal pop-up as well! Feel free to PM us with any questions r_adesigns!

I kept it simple replacing the stock with a Bantam stock 12"LOP and Raven Concealment Systems moduloader. I ordered the Youth stock directly from Mossberg.

500 Persuader 20 gauge

IMG_1459.jpg

IMG_1461.jpg

Back