• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

ATI Deluxe Halo Heatshield with Ghost Ring Sights

DoubleTap

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
DSCN1372.jpg

DSCN1369.jpg

ATI is proud to introduce the Halo Heatshield. The Halo Heatshield is the industry’s first ever “Free Floating” Heatshield. The rear of the Heatshield is secured to the rear of the barrel with a DuPont® Extreme Temperature Polymer Clip while the front of the Heatshield is suspended above the shotgun barrel by two DuPont® Extreme Temperature Polymer V Blocks. Both the Rear Clip and Front V Blocks include an underlying High Temp Resistant Silicon pad that can withstand temperatures in excess of 600˚F.

*The Industry’s First Ever Free Float Style Design to Prevent any Metal to Metal Contact Between the Heatshield and Shotgun Barrel
*Constructed of High Strength Steel With Matte Black Powder Coating
*DuPont® Extreme Temperature Polymer Clip and V Blocks Secure the Heatshield to the Shotgun Preventing Sliding and Movement of the Heatshield
*High Temp Resistant Silicon Pads Protect the Shotgun Barrel Finish
*Includes Aluminum CNC Machined ATI Dovetail Picatinny Rail Attachment (Rail not included)
*Aluminum CNC Machined Ghost Ring Sights
*Fits With or Without a Mag Extension
*Manufactured in the USA
*Limited Lifetime Warranty

Fits 12 GA Remington 870 Shotguns

*Halo Heatshield Length is 16 1/4" or 16 1/2" with the optional 2" Picatinny Rail Installed

*Halo Heatshield may not fit 18" Barrels with a Muzzle Standoff

DSCN1375.jpg

DSCN1378.jpg

DSCN1386.jpg

DSCN1383.jpg

First Impression: ATI did it again with the packaging on their new Halo Heatshield. It comes in a very well thought out case that holds the heatshield, hardware, and instructions. The finish on it is very durable and matches my 870's finish as well.

Installation: Installation was like any other ATI product. Everything is well documented and photographed so, if you are a more of a visual learner, you can still go through it with ease.

Use: I have not had the chance to shoot it with the heatshield on yet. Given how sturdy it feels and the fact that it doesn't rest on the barrel; I see no reason it will prevent the heat transfer from transfering. I will update this thread as soon as I get some range time with this setup.

I have to admit that at first I was skeptical of the ATI halo heatshield with respect to how strong or secure the rear mounting clip was; I was pleasantly surprised with the setup after installing both the front and rear mounts of the heatshield. The heatshield is extremely secure and will not be moving anywhere. The same went for the ghost sights; I was not fond of them at first. I installed them anyway and I'm glad I did. It completes the whole package and are very functional when combined with the ATI tactical talon stock with adjustable riser. It would be nice if there was some adjustability to the sight or an upgrade to have tritium sights.

Dude, that looks awesome! Real good lookin gun too! ... for a Remington! :lol: Just kiddin, I really like it! ;) I especially like that the sights are machined aluminum too!

Are you able to get a couple pics lookin down the sights? And please let us know how it does gettin it sighted in!

Brad I will grab some pictures when I install it on my 500.

Sent from my iPhone

Ooooh, I'm excited to see it!

Hey, somethin else I'm wonderin, is the front post removable? I figure its adjustable, so I'm jumpin to the conclusion its removable too. If so, I'm thinkin a tritium sight like an XS 24/7 or Trijicon or Ameriglo post?

Front post is adjustable huh? I was looking at this earlier, last month, but wasn't sure how it would work out hunting with slugs :)

It looks Awesome and if adjust able could solve me concerns with shooting slugs from an 18.5" barrel :)

Double Tap, any further review??

Unfortunately there is not really a way to adjust the sites. What you can do is adjust the stock to get a better alignment though.

Nice product! However, does it interfere with quick swapping out of the barrel? I have the M500 with the field/security option. Any thoughts?

enduropro said:
Nice product! However, does it interfere with quick swapping out of the barrel? I have the M500 with the field/security option. Any thoughts?

I dont think youll be able to swap out barrels without removing the heatshield.

Rossignol said:
enduropro said:

I dont think youll be able to swap out barrels without removing the heatshield.

+1

However, it does seem to just strap around the barrel, so you might be able to just remove the whole thing + the barrel at the same time. Buy one and find out ;) Let Us know haha

Any reason to believe this would fit on an H&R Single shot 12ga? I am unaware of how this shield attaches to the shotgun other than just strapping around the barrel but I have thoughts of adding this to a future build if it would work, thanks for any help!

Back