• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Just received 930 SPX...

Took delivery today of a new 930 SPX, bought online and transfer completed at my favorite FFL dealer (not sure if I can name them both!?!)

This shotgun is fine in every way.
This is the latest model, with both sling attachment points, etc.
Well worth the $$ spent.

That said, unfortunately I will not get to the range this week due to time constraints.

So, I took the time to clean it completely and reassemble it.

So far, I am very pleased with the overall quality and feel of the shotgun.
Everything is straight and the forestock is tight to the receiver, no real movement observed.
If this things performs as well as it looks, I'll have a winner.

I look forward to getting to the range one of these upcoming weekends and putting it through its paces.

edit: I also have a Nordic Tactical barrel clamp and rail going on this weekend.
I'll post pics when everything is in place.

Awesome. Can't wait to see some pics!!

Yea, I am psyched!
I'm kind of bummed I could not go today, but at least now I can make those arrangements as time allows, since I have the gun and some ammo.

I have to say, it is a nice shotgun.

You guys notice how easily the trigger touches off?
I grabbed some snap caps and keep one in the chamber for now and release the firing pin for storage.
That trigger requires very little movement to release.
I guess I became accustomed to my STG trigger, which has relatively long travel in comparison.

Quick pic-no light for now, just wanted the clamp for mag tube stability at this point.

collection.jpg

Quick update:

Had a chance to hit the range today.
It was nice to get some range time with the 930.
Also put a few rounds thru the FAL at 100 yards, but age is getting the best of me.
I was a bit "wide", so to speak, but they were all effective kill shots.
Looks like I need either a scope or glasses! lol

In the 930, I could only shoot slugs, so I put a variety of Remington, Winchester and Federal 1oz. slugs thru it.

Only 15 rounds so far.

With 5 in the mag and the spring shortened, it performed as designed, no issues.

Granted, these slugs were all rated at 1600fps, so that may have helped.
And, boy, do they kick!! haha
Can't wait to go to the 1200fps rounds!

Here is the combined 50yard target I shot.

I think not bad, considering I did not adjust the sites from factory.

P1040981.jpg

dsastgguy said:
In the 930, I could only shoot slugs, so I put a variety of Remington, Winchester and Federal 1oz. slugs thru it.

Why is that? Was it due to range constraints or just ammo on hand?

Good shooting. Glad you like it.

MikeD said:
dsastgguy said:

I would have to think the range rules as is the same with mine, only way I can use buckshot is on skeet or patterning.....

MikeD said:
dsastgguy said:

Yes, as MossLvR said, similar range restrictions.
At this place, you can't shoot buckshot at all, only birdshot on their shotgun range, and only slugs at the rifle range.
Plus, I think the shotgun range is skeet/trap only, no patterning from what I understand, but I would have to clarify that.
They don't like their target stands getting shot up.
Kind of limits the real patterning that could be done, but at least I was able to use it a bit.

In regard to the shooting, I think I could tighten it up a bit.
I just think my eyesight is starting to go! lol

Back