• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Tell Us About Your SCREEN NAME and AVATAR...

Hello all. I am David Grubb, a new member from Rochester, IL.. I purchased a new MMR Hunter 3 weeks ago for an upcoming prairie dog shoot in WY. & MT. on July 9 & 10. This will be my 2nd year doing this and I find it to be a lot of fun and more challenging than shooting cans off a fence. I am primarily a Marlin levergun shooter (336 in 30-30 & 35rem) shooting hogs in north Florida. On last years prairie dog shoot I used a Marlin 922M .22 magnum semiauto and a Marlin 39A .22lr lever action and fired around 400 rounds. This year I will use both the Marlins and the MMR; although I think the 9 year old granddaughter will be on the 39A most of the time (think Tomboy big time). I am looking to do a coyote shoot in the future with the MMR. I purchased the MMR as it has had good reviews and is a good value and not overpriced.

New guy here from Missouri.
My SN is just because Im a soldier and live in Missouri. MO works for Mossberg owners too, but not what I intended lol.

My name a avatar come from the movie Hollywood Knights. It was one of my favorite movies as a kid next to the Star Wars trilogy, Urban Cowboy, and Clash of the Titans.

The avatar is from the movie where the character Newbomb Turk farts to the song Volare. As many times as I've seen it, it never stop making laugh.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb97nlbJD0Q[/youtube]

My screen name is made up of my initials ra, and designs as I am an industrial designer. My avatar is of a painting by Cuban-American painter Tony Mendoza. It shows a pot of Cuban coffee and a pot of American coffee, as I am Cuban-American.

NewbombedTurk said:
My name a avatar come from the movie Hollywood Knights. It was one of my favorite movies as a kid next to the Star Wars trilogy, Urban Cowboy, and Clash of the Titans.

The avatar is from the movie where the character Newbomb Turk farts to the song Volare. As many times as I've seen it, it never stop making laugh.

Ouch, that video hurt!!! :lol:

Thanks for sharing...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
NewbombedTurk said:

Ouch, that video hurt!!! :lol:

Thanks for sharing...

No problem, I love making people watch that video.

Bonesteel was a General U.S. Army and an Eagle Scout. I have used Bonesteel for years on many forums and games. I come from a LONNNNNNNG line of military service dating back to the Revolutionary war. Plus Bonesteel just sounds cool lol

My avatar is the biohazard emblem. For some strange reason I have always been fascinated with it and associated it with all my gaming. The more I describe all this the more I sound like a really strange guy, I better shutup now LMAO

Its cool, dont worry about soundin weird. We're all a little mad here! :lol:

Strange? Never.....sounds good. Welcome to the club.

I think we all at one time or another have answered to worse.... and..maybe still do. LOL

Well my screen name is a mashup of the first initial of my last name "h" the first initials of my and my wife's first names "ar" & "be" and the first initial of my three older kids first name "c". My wife says I over-think things!
My avatar is some dark humor as a result of having set myself on fire! Welding accident twenty years ago left me with full thickness burns over 70% of my body, no fingers on the left hand and funky twisted fingers on the right. My face was uninvolved because of a good face shield but the rest of my body is pretty much scar tissue. My brother's comment after seeing me for the first time after the accident; "Oh Archie, I'm so sorry they couldn't do anything for your face!" Thanks Bro.

Life is too quirky not to laugh at it

HA! I see the humor in this as I've been welding for 13 years or so now and have set myself on fire a few times! Not to the extent you mention, but it has always involved my legs. Problem is I know when I'm burning but as long as I can stand it I wanna finish runnin my bead!

I do have burn scars up the backs of my legs along with compulsory burns and scars of long ago burns up and down my arms and all across my hands. I often weld (even spray arc mig) without a jacket and sometimes without gloves unless in a confined space like inside a tank. Have a pretty big polished stainless job comin up and I'll def be wearin a jacket inside the tank. Just gets so danged hot in the summer. Even though we arent directly in the sun, its hot in the shop without any air movin. We have fans, but you cant have fans on you or it will mess up the gas shield...

LOVE WELDING!!! You have to love it or no way would anyone wanna subject themselves to what otherwise would be deemed illegal by the Geneva Convention and Constitutional law in the US as cruel and unusual.

Settin ones self on fire? oh right...that'd be me too. Ross is right...gotta finish the bead!!!!
My favorite quote that my fellow coworkers used to say to me (I actually said this,)
**sniff sniff**
"hey....you smell something burning?
OH SH*T !! IT'S ME!!!"

ripjack13 said:
My favorite quote that my fellow coworkers used to say to me (I actually said this,)
**sniff sniff**
"hey....you smell something burning?
OH SH*T !! IT'S ME!!!"

:lol: So true! You quickly learn to identify certain smells and seperate those that need immediate attention from the ones you can let go!

Cloth has its own smell that is easily identifiable as well as skin and hair. And if it doesnt hurt when you smell it, its one of your buddies! :lol:

I'm an amatuer welder. I mostly worK with old crappy sheet metal on old cars. Last week I welded in a new trunk seal lip in the '72 Nova. It came out pretty good. Had a fireball go down my boot and was glad no one saw me trying to get it off as it would have made America's Funniest Home Videos. It's tough stayin' on task when the gun club is within earshot.

Yeah, I did and do love welding - I'm just not as flexible as I used to be. Needless to say, my fireball involved an accelerant - note to self; "Never weld on a 55 gallon drum that contained flammable liquids at one time." Dumb move and I take full responsibility. Now it's adapt, innovate, overcome - life is good - but If you have the opportunity to be a fireball - pass.

Uhh, yeah... we purge those first. Live and learn I guess! Sorry dude.

Back