• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Accessories...

Re: Aimpro Tactical Ghost Ring Install w/Pics.

Excellent, Excellent, Excellent!

Youre a braver man than I. I have years and years of welding experience, but compared to brazing and tinning, its only enough to know to leave well alone! :D

Welcome to MO, dont be a stranger!!! ;)

Looking for a 20 inch barrel...any ideas where?

Hi,new to the Mossberg world,just picked up a 500A in sad shape last night as part of a package deal,but if all goes well it will only have cost me $5 so no complaints... :lol:

Anyway,heavy surface rust on barrel,to the point once cleaned with a little oil,rag and elbow grease it has little finish left.Thinking I will duracoat it in the future and keep it for hunting.

So replacing the barrel with a shorter one is my goal,from reading here and elsewhere,I need to replace both the magazine and the barrel.
I can find the magazine,but no luck on a barrel.

Any suggestions?

Anyone have one used?
Thanks.

OEM Mossberg heatshield installation. . .

The heatshield I ordered came as a loose part, so there were no installation directions.

I know I have to remove the sight bead first by rotating it CCW, but what's the best tool for that job?

Next, I have the long plastic piece with 2 screws attached to the broad end. Is it necessary to cut the end at 1 5/16" to fit the spacer at the muzzle end, or can I ignore the spacer altogether?

P.S. Is a front Ghost Ring sight really incompatible with the heatshield, or do you guys know a slick way they can get along?

Re: OEM Mossberg heatshield installation. . .

There are a couple threads on here about installing the heatshield with the GRS. As for the spacer, I cant say...

I promise I searched "heatshield", "Mossberg heatshield", and "heatshield ghost ring" among others to no avail. Can you link me to one of those threads?

You'd think there's be a YouTube vid for the heatshield install, but alas there is none.

Hmmmm, weird man. I'll see whhat I can find. We've def had a couple people do it and post what they did. Theres gotta be somethin here to help ya out...

Can't comment on the bead sight question(i have ghost rings on my Mossberg), but putting a Mossberg heatshield on is definately doable if your shotgun has ghost rings. You just need to spread the front "tabs" apart just far enough so they can slide over the barrel. I put the heatshield on at a right angle to the barrel then rotated the heatshield till it was in its proper position. I didn't use the plastic spacer, and have had no problems with the heatshield sliding without it.

Here's some pics for reference

Mossbergshotgunpics005.jpg

Mossbergshotgunpics002.jpg

@ Eric Cartman - What length barrel is that in the pic? I'm wondering b/c I suspect the front sight clearance is much less forgiving on a 18.5" barrel, right?

I should have mentioned that I haven't yet had the ghost rings sights installed. I planned to do it recently, but the lead time and unreal cost on the re-bluing of my barrel scared me away. I know I'll have to remove the heatshield anyway to have this done to the barrel, but i wanted to make sure it was possible.

Litany Against Fear said:
@ Eric Cartman - What length barrel is that in the pic? I'm wondering b/c I suspect the front sight clearance is much less forgiving on a 18.5" barrel, right?

quote]

My barrel is 18.5".Its the only shotgun I have, so I can't comment about your question. But the install of the heatshield was pretty simple.

Tapco forend?

Anyone have one, of so how do you like it? Please post pics! I am wanting to pair one of these up with a Magpul AFG2 and the Mesa Tactical side saddle (read somewhere that they work with most side saddles), and an ATI stock.

Litany Against Fear said:
@ Ripsnortr,

What did you use to trim the the plastic spacer cleanly?

I cut the main part slightly long with my Craftsman Handi-Cut tool, then used a file to fine tune it until it was tight but still under pressure so it would not "walk".

00937301000-1

ERGO Tri Rail ??

Okay so I have been waiting over 2 months to receive my OD Green Hogue for-end for my M500. I have contemplated canceling the order and getting an ERGO Grip Tri Rail for-end. However, I don't know if it will fit with my MESA Tactical 6 Shell holder...

Anyone have any idea? I tossed the UTG for-end out cause of the same problem.. I don't want to hafta modify my Equipment tooooo much

Back