• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

aimtech warhammer fit

Rob1982

Copper BB
Hey guys I decided to add some attachments to my gun. Its a mossberg 500. But after doing some research, I think the barrel is the Rem 870 Rifle Tac 12Ga 18.5" Mat - Mossberg
so when I ordered the rail, I got it for a mossberg 500. So I guess i either need to buy a new barrel, exchange this rail for a rem 870, or find a machine shop that will modify the mounting bracket to fit this barrel. Anyone have suggestions?
thanks
Rob

Welcome to the forum! We are glad to have ya! My advice to you is to wait until you receive the rail and see how the fit is. I am almost sure you should have no problem. I thinks the rail mount on the Barrel end. Is just a typical clamp mount that you should have no problem with installing. Here is a quick video showing the install.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdDORgGdDmQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/youtube]

no i already tried, the barrel I have is too thick at the end for the mount. heres a pic of the barrel i have

Attachments

• 21vsNOFe0WL.jpg
    21vsNOFe0WL.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 2,078
Rob1982 said:
no i already tried, the barrel I have is too thick at the end for the mount. heres a pic of the barrel i have
Well that changes everything, looks like a trip to your local machine shop is in you near future or new barrel. I would pick the machine shop, but Iam kind of biased ;) The Remington rail I have no experience with nor have ever laid eyes on it, so I can't comment on it. Good luck. Welcome to MO!

yea a new barrel is gonna cost me about 150 or so. I wonder how much a machine shop will charge. Anyone know of a good shop in nyc area?

The barrel pictured there looks like a 590 breacher for a 5 shot model, can you post pics of your gun?

My phone is messed up so no pic. It's this model. The tactical cruiser I believe?

Attachments

• moss_54125_c.jpg
    moss_54125_c.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 2,068
Welcome from MO. Good luck sorting out your barrel! Left NYC in 2000. Most of my tech connections have drifted away.

Ahhh, thats one of the confusing models.

Its listed as a 500, but the magazine and barrel configuration are definitely those of a 590.

For the Warhammer rail to work, you would need to not only change the barrel, but the magazine tube also to those of an 18 1/2" 500. The difference is that the magazine lug of the 500 is fixed to the barrel rather than having the cap that can be removed from the magazine tube and retaining ring on the barrel of the 590, or in this case, your model.

Looks like I gotta go with the machine shop cuz the replacements are gonna run me a lot more. Thanks for the replies

Well, I did some lookin. They say there is a model for the 590. Where ever it was I looked, its currently out of stock.

Where ever it was you purchased yours from, maybe see if they can get the model for the 590? Or contact Aimtech and see if theyll switch em out? Either way I'd contact Aimtech, let them know you have the 18 1/2" 590 "breacher" barrel and ask what model they recommend...

I talked to aimtech. They have 2 models, 1 for the mossberg and 1 for the remington. How much would I find a barrel magazine combo for? or could I find an equal swap for mine? I'm not having luck with finding a machine shop.

You can move the attachment point back to fit a breacher. This is the best pic I have of the front of mine. You can see that you can use the other holes to move it back.

8060459453_ae6294488d_b_d.jpg

Rossignol said:
Ahhh, thats one of the confusing models.

Its listed as a 500, but the magazine and barrel configuration are definitely those of a 590.

For the Warhammer rail to work, you would need to not only change the barrel, but the magazine tube also to those of an 18 1/2" 500. The difference is that the magazine lug of the 500 is fixed to the barrel rather than having the cap that can be removed from the magazine tube and retaining ring on the barrel of the 590, or in this case, your model.

very confusing model and confused some of the after market accessory people too that i have dealt with .

...it gets better...

My first Mossberg came configured similar to the 500 cruiser in Rob1982's post above only with an 8rd mag tube and a 23" breacher barrel. Mine is stamped 590 on the receiver. My LGS had it labeled as a 9-shot 500 cruiser and that's how it was sold to me. I think Mossberg just likes throwin us curve balls every once in a while...

Back