• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Shotguns: non-Mossberg

Re: Saiga 12 gauge

the youtube post is not working for me, so here's the page to me using my saiga12!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBBTdEwFTv4&feature=g-upl[/youtube]

BTW, did you know where the Saiga gets its name?

It's named for the critically endangered Saiga antelope that's endemic to the steppes of southeastern Russia...

Wow..thats one ugly antelope! I actually did know that but hadn't seen what they look like.
Thanx comrade sniper. Lol

Oh by the way...I got around to fitting the drum to it , then the kids showed up. So.I'll post pix tomorrow.

It looks awesome!!

ajJhnl.jpg

72qeAl.jpg

SmHEul.jpg

fhlLIl.jpg

wyoAml.jpg

qFB62l.jpg

ngtHxl.jpg

And here they are!! Yes, I couldn't wait....the kids left early.

THE SAIGA IS UNLOADED!! There was absolutely no danger for my wife taking the pix of me...I had not even put in any shells into the drum yet, not to mention I had just field stripped it and it was completely empty!!!

I went over it with her just to be safe, and she says she trusts me....so no freaking out on the pic please. thank you, and enjoy.....

Just checked out the vid finally!!! Thats a sweet shotgun, the pics are great and I agree, thats near to bein the ugliest animal on 4 legs I've ever seen... no wonder theyre endangered. Not bein crass, but people tend to save the cute ones first.

Anyhow, back on topic, I really dig that thing and the drum makes it that much awesomer.... but dang I'd blow through ammo, well, it would be Allison man... not so much me. Nice pics and I didnt fear for Mrs. RipJack at all! :D

Saiga12-girl.jpg

If you are gonna post these pictures, you really oughta include a shotgun somewhere. Take care. Tom Worthington.

well...I'm pretty sure there is one, but like you...I can't see it. :lol:

Cant' tell exactly by the pics, but is that one of the chinese import coach guns?

If so, I have a friend who owns one. He paid about $300 for it best I can remember.

He never did get back to me after he shot it so I would know how it did, but the quality seemed pretty nice just looking it over.

John A. said:
Cant' tell exactly by the pics, but is that one of the chinese import coach guns?

If so, I have a friend who owns one. He paid about $300 for it best I can remember.

He never did get back to me after he shot it so I would know how it did, but the quality seemed pretty nice just looking it over.

Yeah, it's Chinese. Their website sure doesn't tell you that, but a little internet sniffing got me there. The online videos I've seen of it's operation seem pretty encouraging.

I like the exposed hammers and dual triggers. For me, it would be a "toy" more than much else. I'd shoot targets with it and maybe use it as a backup home defense weapon. I might let folks see it by hanging it on the wall, too. :) Take care. Tom Worthington.

Rats - time to get a shot of my father-in-laws Browning Auto-5 onto Flickr. He had 3 daughters. When he passed my mother-in-law asked me if I'd like to be the next generation to have the gun. The serial numbers make it a pre 1939 build. His father gave it to him. It shoots like new and even though it's cylinder bore it would out shoot my Mossberg 500 most days. Been a while since I had it out. I think next trip I'll warm it up again.

Edit: Looking through the thread I forgot that I'd already told a good bit of this story before.

Re: AR-15 and Variants

ripjack13 said:
Have any of you seen or heard about this beast?? :shock:

MKA1919 12 Gauge AR 15 style Shotgun

http://www.raacinc.com/index.php3?pagei ... oducts.htm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHCgwQ3VvCs&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiQ0mXtIBz0&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

it has a pistol grip, so here in CT, I doubt it will be available...(read LAME LAWS) :roll:

Not sure what to think of that thing...interesting though.

Just picked up another shotgun, it is a Beretta A303 trap gun with adjustable butt comb and adjustable stock. It has a 32" barrel and was unfired. Anybody have one?

Just wanted to share my new (old) o/u 16 gauge. It is a Marlin model 90DT from 1950. I got it handed down from my stepfather and it needed (needs) a new trigger guard and a new cocking hammer recoil spring. Other than that it is great shape. I have the parts on order, just playing the waiting game. In the meantime, here are a couple pics.

DSCF5526.jpg

DSCF5527.jpg

DSCF5518.jpg

Back