• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

The Rant

It's been a while. I hope that all is better for all. My thoughts and prayers for every one.

Things for me have been bushed but no tough. Only complaint is not enough time on the range. I'm sitting at the hotel in Columbus, Nebraska tonight having a little vodka and Fresca, catching up on e-mails, Facebook and the forums. M.O. is the first on my favorites.

I have taken the job as corporate radiation safety officer and a requirement is a 6 month inventory of all nuclear sources. Had a road trip to San Antonio and Sonora, Texas two weeks ago. Now to get the rest. the company offered to book my flights but I thought for a minute and ask them if I could drive it.
(I'm not salaried yet) and they said yes. Also told me I'm getting another raise and a new truck when I get back.

Honestly, I do not trust someone's word when it comes to inventory of radionuclides. Next stop will be in North Dakota, then off to Pennsylvania and back home most likely a week from this Saturday. I needed a break and frankly was chomping at the bit when I figured this position could turn into an extra 10 weeks of vacation a year.

Traffic today was really light and fuel prices quite low in comparison to several weeks back.

Went to a local WalMart here in Nebraska and was amazed to see so many assault type rifles and a nice selection of shotguns. People seem plenty friendly and all in all, I'm glad I stayed away from the airports. Every time I see a TSA agent, I see red. Maybe stemming from when I got strip searched in Kansas City along with about a half a dozen other Shriners.

Ancient Arabic Order of Nobles of the Mystic Shrine is purely an American fraternity solely devoted to helping children with our hospitals for burns or bone problems.

It's been so long since I have been on my range, the sun flowers have all but taken complete control of the area.

Enough for now.

Thanks for being there M.O. members.

I was wondering how you've been.....it is good to hear you like your job. Drive safely!
Did you snap any pix worthy of posting?

Good hearin from ya Nasa!!! We'll be here whenever youre able to check in!

Drivin gets old, but man if youre up to payin attention, theres soooo much out there to see across the country. I've always been amazed with how we always find somethin unique to every state in the terrain, the changes in the land and foliage... Its a beautiful country out there, and never a desire to travel outside our own 500 states! :D

new rant...

at what point can I give up on this potential employer?
two emails asking for more info (on Sunday no less) then nothing.

I want so badly to send this...
"Look. I am your Drafter. search your feelings. you know it to be true..."

I know I'm being impatient, but geez, asking alot of questions generates alot of anticipation.

dang it if the guy didn't email me just after that offering an interview.

can I rant about interviews now? 'cause I really hate interviews...
I just moved. I have no idea where my "interview clothes" are. I believe all my ties are actually out in the shop. at least I've got tomorrow to pull it all together.

but..."you'll be in the shop"....that should at least relax you....good luck with this interview. i wish you well.

So today just after break at 9am I thought I had a stomach ache. I thought it was just the morning coffee not agreeing with me since it was a new batch I made the night before. So I kept workin...yet everytime I lifted something or bent over to pick something up, or stretched out to screw in some sheetrock on the wall, I would get a pain in my belly. Near the appendix area. :? weird...

So I get home and jump in the shower and notice an extra lump "down south"....

I call in the wife to look...

it's a flippin hernia!

greeeat.... :roll: .... just what i need. :roll: :x :( :eek: :shock: :oops:

Sweet! Hernias are awesome! Oh wait, no they arent, those suck dude, sorry man!

Ttutt, good luck man!

ripjack13 said:
So today just after break at 9am I thought I had a stomach ache. I thought it was just the morning coffee not agreeing with me since it was a new batch I made the night before. So I kept workin...yet everytime I lifted something or bent over to pick something up, or stretched out to screw in some sheetrock on the wall, I would get a pain in my belly. Near the appendix area. :? weird...

So I get home and jump in the shower and notice an extra lump "down south"....

I call in the wife to look...

it's a flippin hernia!

greeeat.... :roll: .... just what i need. :roll: :x :( :eek: :shock: :oops:

I get a sharp pain from my belly button down to my groin every now and again when bending/moving like that ... maybe I should go get that looked at.

Sn3aKyGuY said:
I get a sharp pain from my belly button down to my groin every now and again when bending/moving like that ... maybe I should go get that looked at.

If it's a hernia you will have a lump above your junk but below your waist. If it's a pain on the right side of your lower part of the belly near the waistline it could be your appendix. or it could be just a pulled muscle that didn't get to heal properly.....

I went to the Doc's today. It is surely a hernia. Gonna need an Operation to fix it. Good news is I can work, light duty. No lifting over 10 lbs. No repetitive squatting or stretching. Looks like I'll be a broom pusher for a little while... :(

Dude, That blows man. We'll be thinkin about ya and keep us posted about gettin it taken care of!

Yep..it sux. I've had one before when I was 21-22. Lifting a roll of wire mesh for concrete slabs. I think they weighed like 300 lbs. I did it. But now that I'm 45 and haven't worked out in years, lifting a sheet of sheetrock over my head did it....
Well...this is an eye opener. Definitely going to change some habits of mine and get to shaping up.

When the doc calls I'll let y'all know the deal.

Thanx Brad....
;)

Man, another big thing, make sure it heals afterwards. I'm sure you know this, but, you know how we tend to do.

Ahh yes...the ribbing has started. Construction humor at its finest......lol

ripjack13 said:

Ribbing would be a little high, wouldn't it? I guess they wouldn't want to poke you in the owie.

Ripsnortr said:
ripjack13 said:

Ribbing would be a little high, wouldn't it? I guess they wouldn't want to poke you in the owie.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back