• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

1911: Pics and Discussion

IMGP0476.jpg

A Ruger SR1911 I picked up this past Thursday. I heard good things about the 1911 offering from Ruger and the price was very attractive to me. An all American made 1911 with some of the features found on higher end 1911s for well under 800 dollars!

Oh wow!!! Thats a super good lookin gun!

Thats very much the style I like too!

Nice!

Finding one of those Ruger SR1911 lately is like winning the lottery! Congrats on the fine weapon Sir...

God I love a 1911 when it's done right, and the guns in this thread are sure done right!

here is my first pistol, a 1942 G.I. Colt that had been "modified" before I got it. :cry:
At least I don't have to live with the guilt of having that done
Admittedly, I think it looks good the way it is, especially with the new grips I just got.
Did I mention....it shoots like a dream!

Attachments

• colt2.jpg
    colt2.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 610
I really like it Thor, even in "modified" condition, still an attractive specimen of the 1911 family!

thank you guys! Don't tell my mossy but if I had to sell one of my guns under some dire circumstance, it would be the first to go. I love the historical background of the Colt, even if it was "ruined." Not to mention, the chrome plating was pretty nicely done, I'm sure it cost a pretty penny. Really need a better pic.

If it doesn't say Colt, its just a copy...

458fd0b2-2fdc-8a34.jpg

This one comes home from the FFL this week. Colt/Talo Wiley Clapp Government Model...

458fd0b2-30d3-1e58.jpg

IMAG0270.jpg

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

akgunnut said:
IMGP0476.jpg

A Ruger SR1911 I picked up this past Thursday. I heard good things about the 1911 offering from Ruger and the price was very attractive to me. An all American made 1911 with some of the features found on higher end 1911s for well under 800 dollars!

A buddy of mine just picked one up on Friday. He put a 100 rounds through it. Not one problem either. Well...other than running outa ammo. Im going to stop by his house this week and check it out. I love the looks of the stainless but I really wish they had a black one.

Okay well I have trolled this thread and torn it apart, I still only found a few things on the RIA 1911. I see that L.E.S. has one that is a 4" but I am looking for stuff on the 5".

It is 47oz in weight, is that too much? haha I am soo new to the 1911 scene.
Thanks Guys/Gals!

Rick

I've got a RIA 5" Tactical (non-railed). I carry mine quite a bit. It's heavier than some other guns I have but I honestly don't notice it. A GOOD belt and holster will make all the difference in the world.

They're not the prettiest 1911s on the market but it'll go bang every time I pull the trigger. Mine is pretty accurate too. The finish isn't the greatest but I knew that before I got mine. Everybody that's shot it has liked it and I'm pretty damn fond of it myself. If I can help with any more info just ask.

DSC00790.jpg

Itsricmo said:
Okay well I have trolled this thread and torn it apart, I still only found a few things on the RIA 1911. I see that L.E.S. has one that is a 4" but I am looking for stuff on the 5".

It is 47oz in weight, is that too much? haha I am soo new to the 1911 scene.
Thanks Guys/Gals!

Rick

1911s are gonna be a bit heavy, there's no get'n around that.

I show the unloaded weight of the 5" RIA Tactical model at 40oz, compared to the 30oz unloaded weight of a Springer XD45 Tactical. Not too bad considering you get an all steel full-sized 1911 vs. a polymer frame for just over a 30% increase in weight. The XD9SC you've been looking at weighs in at 26oz unloaded. RIA used to have their own website, but it doesn't appear to be available any longer.

What other info are you looking for?

Well, if you're not a 1911 guy, id be happy to relieve you of that responsibility because that Colt is a beautiful firearm!

Back