• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

AK47 and Variants

Status
Not open for further replies.
After how ever many months of saying I was going to get one...
7C054C6B-A6B3-4C65-BCC3-076298CFE0C3-17281-000012736C0C1AF5.jpg

I took my new WASR out to the range yesterday for the first time. Everything worked exactly as it should! I may just be a lucky one, but my brother and I put 200 rounds through the gun and didn't have a single problem. We should at 25 yards, 50 yards, and 100 yards and I thought the accuracy was much better than what people describe. I did notice though that the accuracy with this one is better than the accuracy with my friend's WASR-10, so I may have just picked a gem out. 100 yards away, seated with no rest, 6 out of 10 shots busted clays that were up on the hill. The 4 that I missed, I missed low and flipped the clays over. All of those were the shooter. I had heard from some people that WASR's could only be expected to shoot 10 inch groups at 100 yards and I also had heard that they were capable of 3 inch groups at 100 yards. I think this one will make a good reliable hog hunting gun. My brother shot better than I did shooting rapid fire. He could probably take out multiple hogs in a pack if he can shoot as well as he did yesterday.

10 inches at 100 yards would be total junk by my standards.

Mine isn't a wasr, although the action on mine is Romanian nonetheless, and mine will shoot as well as any other gun at those distances.

Granted that mine has a hammer forged/chrome lined Steyr barrel, it's a really good shooter.

I'm wanting to hurry and finish the SKS project so I can shoot them both side by side and compare them simultaneously.

I'm glad you got a solid shooter honkey. Now it's time to get some bacon and ham and pics :cool:

Well, at least you'll never have to worry about mistaking it for yours... :D

If she likes it, it's AWESOME!

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
New pic of the Romy...

Nice pic! The lighting seems to enhance the wood, which a lot nicer looking than the standard stuff. I'll have to take a pic or two of mine one day.

Thank you Sir.

This furniture is older than me. The set looked grayish when I bought it, but after a little TLC and a few coats of red mahogany stain it came out looking great. Here's a pic of it sanded down...

And here it is under some different lighting...

...and a gratuitous pic just for fun... :D

The wood came out well, especially if that is what came with it. There is someone out there selling much better grade wood stocks for AKs for those who want it. Red ones too for that Russian look.

My milled Bulgy wood was pretty basic cheapy wood and LOP was for Russian winter clothing or short armed N. Koreans. Replaced with Tapco stuff, both modified to fit. So now adjustable LOP. I put the Utilimak on before these new "over the cover" rails like the TX dogleg and I see UTG now has one. I may change this over to the Yugo. I never did scout scope it. I'm afraid all that venting powder gas would get on the front glass real fast. I don't know yet. The Bulgarian shoots pretty well for an AK. The Yugo got a flash hider & most importantly a better grip.

LES check out the CDM light mount thread. I put it up just before the server/board maintenance blackout. Since you have the same 930 I think you'll like it.

Attachments

• DSC00490.JPG
    DSC00490.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 223
  • DSC00491.JPG
    DSC00491.JPG
    122.5 KB · Views: 223
  • DSC00492.JPG
    DSC00492.JPG
    124.5 KB · Views: 223
Does my little .22 count?

AK-47small_zps3c8c5f87.jpg

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Very nice man!

I have to agree with you on the stock. I think AKs look much better with wood furniture...

Yeah i think its more recognizable with the wood furnature on it. Looking at some of the others with the black furnature it starts to look alot like an AR

My first AK!!!

Heres my first AK ...
shes different originally a 20.5" Barrel Saiga 7.62 that was converted...
8992547774_710201c1a8_o.jpg

Then she stayed like that while I collected parts for 3weeks... And finally met up with Garren ( my new ak gunsmith )...
I had him cut down the barrel to 14.5", thread it to 14x1, re crown the barrel, install and pin my Battle Comp AKBC, de pinned my gas block, and fit my Bolton Gas block/front sight...

8992548510_c2bc9f2b5d_b.jpg

8992555050_dec4bd6959_b.jpg

After I got her home from Norco to test fire how she ran... She ran flawlessly ran almost as flat as my 3gun AR. I think its because of the action on the AK thats why she wasnt flatter or just as flat as my AR. Give me a break its my first AK ...

Well either way I hand fitted the Ultimak Gas Tube rail system; so I can my mount my new bushnell TRS 25 thats coming on Tuesday...

8992553938_a680bbe95b_b.jpg

8992550678_ff55a9281f_b.jpg

I'm pretty happy how she turn out and I'm a very satisfied customer with Garren's work... I have only a few parts thats coming; a Krebs custom safety, a RAM enchanced magazine release, and a Tapco shepherd's hook... I went about building a solid 300meter gun thats quick and fast to point and transition with and keep as much wood furniture I can...

Re: My first AK!!!

Ripp bought me???????? :lol:

Dude.... I don't own an AK, and I've only shot a hand full of Kalashnikovs but this is one looks incredible! Just the right amount of tactical accessories to be practical ;) but enough of the nostalgic wood furniture to keep it original. I'm a bit envious right now!!!! +1 sent!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back