• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Flashlight Mount for 590

PeteNTucson

Copper BB
New guy here. I'm in need of reliable flashlight mount for my 590. I did a search and saw there were some excellent discussions about various flashlight and mount products. The LaserLyte tri-rail setup looks sharp and I have a spare flashlight rail mount from GG&G that would likely work well with it. The Elzetta looks pretty good too. Both units seem like they would clamp on tight and be stable. But has anyone experienced any movement or sliding of either of these mounts while firing?

Thanks very much.

PeteNTucson said:
New guy here. I'm in need of reliable flashlight mount for my 590. I did a search and saw there were some excellent discussions about various flashlight and mount products. The LaserLyte tri-rail setup looks sharp and I have a spare flashlight rail mount from GG&G that would likely work well with it. The Elzetta looks pretty good too. Both units seem like they would clamp on tight and be stable. But has anyone experienced any movement or sliding of either of these mounts while firing?

Thanks very much.

Welcome to Mossberg Owners!!! For mounts for you 590 there are some good options. I do not have experience with the laserlyte so I cannot comment. I have only used surefires intergrated forends. Other have used the mounts you are talking about and will chime in soon. I just wanted to welcome you to the forum.

I'm with KentuckyWindage. Surefire's integrated forend is a sweet setup. Has a squeeze on/off, switch for constant on and an overall off switch.

Kind of expensive but I feel it's worth the money.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD.

As far as I have ever heard they are solid mounts and you should be happy with them!

Welcome to MO!

Welcome Pete. I've got the LaserLyte, it's a pretty solid mount. I have a rail mount sling adapter on it and get no movement at all when I'm using a 2 point sling. I don't think I've had to tighten it since I installed it.

Haven't tried the Elzetta.

Thanks to everyone for the welcome and the excellent responses. I'll definitely look into the the SureFire forend. It's good to hear the LaserLyte seems stable with a sling attached because I really liked that setup also. It's great to be able to bounce things off folks with some experience. Glad this site is here. Thanks again.

Pete

I have the laserlyte on my 590, with an Insight M3X with Malkoff LED upgrade. Its an awesome setup, with one flaw... the 20" barrel protrudes a good bit past it and there is a shadow on the right side of the flashlight's throw. My bead sight also gets 1/2 illuminated by it. It would be better suited for a 18" barrel.
Otherwise, i love it.
2012-08-14_09-45-31_997.jpg

That's a nice setup. You make a good point. It seems that most tube or forend mounts will have some degree of shadow cast by the business end of the shotgun. Like you, I can tolerate that. Like any firearm, with appropriate practice you can adapt to its individual characteristics. Nice photo.

Back