• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Hello / Questions / Ramblings

Hi all. I picked up a 930 field/security combo a few months ago, and it's been great so far. I'm getting ready to attend a defensive shotgun class this weekend, and I'm picking up a side saddle setup and a sling for the class. :D

I've been looking around the site for a couple of weeks now, and I ordered a 3GunGear 5-rd side saddle and Slide Loc 2 Pac. I went with the 5 rounder because I'm a lefty, and from the pictures on their site, it looks to be short enough that it won't be in the way of my shooting hand.

Which leads to my first question/curiosity. What other lefties on here are using for side saddles? All the plastic/metal ones that mount using the trigger pins look like they would eat your hand quick or the shells would be in the way.

I'm not quite decided yet on my sling setup, so I'm hoping you all can give me some advice. I'm most interested in a 2-point sling. Right now I have it narrowed down to the Specter Gear 2 Point Tactical or the Viking Tactics.

Right now the Specter is the front runner because it comes with all the needed mounting hardware. However, they don't specifically list the 930. They have a version listed for the 590, and the front mounting plate they show in their videos looks like the GG&G plate for the 930. Does anyone know if the 590 setup will work on the 930? :?: I have a standard mag cap with the swivel stud, so I should be good to go with the universal setup, but I can't find the fixed stock adapter listed separately on their site. I'll have to give them a call tomorrow, I think.

The VTac setup looks good, and I can find everything I need on their site. However, it's more expensive, and after reading through their shipping policy, I don't know if it would show up on time.

If you have any experience with either of these sling setups, your thoughts/opinions are appreciated.

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum !!

Sorry, I'm right handed...

I use the ggg front sling mount and the Spector gear buttstock sling adaptor. No issues. I have a gear sector sling.

Hi and welcome to MO!

The Specter sling has a couple different pieces which will allow for it to be used either with the supplied adapter or run directly to a swivel. It should come with the fixed stock adapter too. Ours did, which is why I went that route.

I've used it on three diffent guns now! ;)

No experience with VTac, but theyre well recommended.

Thanks for the welcomes.

I gave Specter a call today during work. The lady that I spoke to confirmed that they do sell the fixed stock adapter separately but don't list it on their website. I went ahead and ordered the universal 2 point sling and the fixed stock adapter, which was cheaper than going with the 590 setup (or any of the other configurations). I have the standard mag cap with swivel stud, so I'll just use a standard 1-1/4" detachable swivel for the front. If I decide I don't like it, I'll pick up a front sling mount (probably GG&G). Also, they said that it would go out today, so it will be here in time for the class this weekend. :mrgreen:

Hopefully, the 3GunGear stuff will show up tomorrow.

Bummer. For some reason, USPS sent the 3GunGear shipment back. Luckily, I called since the package wasn't in the mail, and it's going to be sent out today. That should get it here by Friday or Saturday at the latest.

I got my orders from Specter Gear and 3GunGear today and installed it all. Here are a couple of pictures.

IMG_1797.jpg

IMG_1800.jpg

The shell holder on the forend is held on by the two velcro straps that you see going around the barrel/forend. There is also a patch of velcro behind it on the forend that keeps it from rotating.

I haven't tried removing either side saddle yet. The instruction say that the adhesive on the velcro requires 24 hours to completely cure, so I'm leaving it alone until then. However, while setting the shell holders up, I put the velcro backing on and off a number of times because the velcro backing comes oversized and needs to be trimmed to fit. A firm pull should be enough to get it off without worry of them falling off under use.

I'm attending a shotgun course Sunday, so I'll have a better idea on how everything is going to work out then.

Back