• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New member, New 590A1

Jay H

.22LR
Just wanted to stop by and say I just came home with a 590A1 today. It's the 20" model, full mag extension, Ghost ring rear sight, Fiber Optic front sight, and speed feed stock. Can't wait to "Rock N Roll". Also picked up a few boxes of Q1544 Winchester Miltary Grade 9 pellet OOBuck I'll get some pics up soon.

Welcome and looking forward to the pictures. Let me know what you think of the ghost ring sights as I have debated switching my bead sight to them. Same with the speed feed stock and it's length of pull.

Jay H said:
Just wanted to stop by and say I just came home with a 590A1 today. It's the 20" model, full mag extension, Ghost ring rear sight, Fiber Optic front sight, and speed feed stock. Can't wait to "Rock N Roll". Also picked up a few boxes of Q1544 Winchester Miltary Grade 9 pellet OOBuck I'll get some pics up soon.

Very nice! Welcome to Mossberg Owners and post some pics when you get a chance!!

Ok Guys here are a few pics just to prove I actually have the gun :D

Attachments

• 590A1 012.JPG
    590A1 012.JPG
    117.4 KB · Views: 640
  • 590A1 004.JPG
    590A1 004.JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 640
  • 590A1 008.JPG
    590A1 008.JPG
    142.8 KB · Views: 639
Edit: Welcome from Long Island!!

I have been regretting my last Mossberg purchase. About three months ago I bought a 500, 20" barrel, 8 shot. I bought model 50580 and switched the pistol grip for a standard length stock. But the more I see the 590A1 with GRS, I'm thinking I should have gone that way instead.

Hi Jay! Welcome to MO, those are beautiful!

JT, theres always room for more, its like Jello!

Rossignol said:

My grandma used to say something similar about ice cream: There's always room for ice cream; it fills in the cracks. I'm not sure that applies to Mossbergs, though ;).

BryanForbes said:
Rossignol said:

My grandma used to say something similar about ice cream: There's always room for ice cream; it fills in the cracks. I'm not sure that applies to Mossbergs, though ;).

I dont know if I'm qualified to answer, but I'm pretty sure it applies to Mossberg firearms, (and all firearms)!!! :D

JT10 said:
Edit: Welcome from Long Island!!

I have been regretting my last Mossberg purchase. About three months ago I bought a 500, 20" barrel, 8 shot. I bought model 50580 and switched the pistol grip for a standard length stock. But the more I see the 590A1 with GRS, I'm thinking I should have gone that way instead.

Long Island!!!
I'm from Long Island.....I miss home! :(

Rossignol said:

Ha. Twist my arm!! Not sure if you remember the thread but I was down at the gun shop in New Castle Delaware a few weeks ago. Had my hand on 590A1. They were asking $500 flat - NO TAX. Should have closed the deal right then.

It is true. There's always room for more.!! :)

By the way. I have read a ton of posts by you. I appreciate your willingness to help others and your manner of offering great information in general.

Jt, thanks man, but truly I'm encouraged by everyone here, and to be honest, all the other guys here are the same way!

I got my 590A1 in New Castle, from Millers! Real good bunch of guys!

Welcome to Mossbergowners! That's a REALLY NICE shotgun you got there! I give you a big +1 for the Mil-spec 00 Buck! That's what I have packed underneath some #4 Buck :D

Back