• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Bustin' my hump

I have been working my butt off at work because of all of the things I have griped about in the past finally caught up with us and both of my guys quit leaving me in the lurch with failing deadlines. I just hired a new guy two weeks ago and another one starts after this long weekend. Hopefully that eases the load after I get them up to speed.

When I leave work, I have been working my butt off there getting through my "honey-do" list and setting up a gift I received from a friend for helping him pick up and set up his new 8 man hot tub; he gave me his old 4 man (well 1 man and 3 woman :lol: ).

I had to clean the entire porch that had been needing attention for the past 2 years, and did the side steps as well while I was at it. Then the entire porch needed paint. I had to match the tub to the house so it looked like it belonged there. I had to lift the blasted thing onto the porch and get it into place. Then came wiring the whole mess up to a dedicated circuit. I just wrapped that all up last night and now I am waiting for it to reach temperature so I can enjoy the fruits of my labor, and right about now, I am going to need it. :cool: We are planning on picking up some privacy curtains on the way home tonight to drop on those special nights... ;)

I don't have any pictures of what it looked like BEFORE the cleaning, I was rather ashamed of it. :oops: This is after cleaning and just after getting underway on painting.

FB_IMG_13460068336254547.jpg

Paint on and ready for tub.

20120827_071631.jpg

Had to paint the sides of the tub to match the house.

20120824_170308.jpg

Place the tub in its new home.

20120827_190456.jpg

Last, but not least, got it all wired up and filled. I’m looking forward to a relaxing Labor Day weekend enjoying all the hard work.

20120829_220144.jpg

I freaking love that porch. I've always loved big porches like that. My concrete porch is crumbling and I really want to replace it with wood and extend it out and furthur accross the length of the house.

I assume the tub is heated and covered for winter use? Or are you more of a seasonal user?

Next you need central air. :lol: :lol:

Uhhh.... just where does the beer cooler and wine chiller go, Sir? :lol:

Seriously, I'm envious. Great porch, beautiful view, great workmanship on your part, what's not to love???

So what does a filled tub like that weigh, roughly?

I have my extreme cover (6"-4" tapered with insulated hinge and vapor barrier) on order for year round use. I am looking forward to be sitting in it watching the snow fall on the lawn.

Central air is on the list! :lol: In the meantime I am moving the unit next to the tub to the other side of the house. It is time to pull them out anyway.

The coolers are going to be rolled into place as needed for now. :cool: I am sure I will find a more permanent solution as I get to using it.

The filled weight is documented at 2720 lbs. (220 gal) then add people... I had the porch checked for ability to hold the weight and whoever had it built knew what they were doing. 2x8 frame construction, header lagged into the house, u-bracketed and toe nailed together. Very well done and more than sufficient.

Thank you for the compliments! The misses is very pleased and looking forward to enjoying it.

I love do it your self projects. It looks great!...all the tub needs you is a tripod holder for target practice. You never know when you might be attacked and need to defend yourself. :D

Nice!!! I see you have found a "new" special purpose....
;)

We just got central air last summer and it has been worth every penny. Pluse we can now see out of the entire front window without that huge window unit sitting there.

The hot tub will do wonders for your busted hump LOL :lol:

Holy Smokes and Mother of Mercy!!! Thats an awesome deck and a heckofa hot tub!!! Well done, I hope it eases the stresses of work!

Good for you man! and those 3 women ... ;)

Back