• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New Mossberg web site

MikeD

I'm Your Huckleberry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
Has anyone checked out the new format of their web site?

Thoughts?

It looks more modern but I realized today while searching that they no longer list acessories or replacement barrels on their site. I couldn't even find a list of part numbers.

I also liked the old spec sheets where you could look at a chart and instantly see the specs of all variations of a particular model in one place. Now you have to search for the particular model you want and it's harder compare models or variations withing the same model line.

I think they lost a bit of functionality and added several more mouse clicks to get to where you want to go.

I love their products but I often question their marketing/CS decisions.

As a web developer, I share the frustrations you do, Mike. But one thing that frustrates me more than what you've outlined is that they've changed URLs for certain areas of the site, so bookmarks that people might have won't work anymore. That's a no-no in the world of the web!

BryanForbes said:
As a web developer, I share the frustrations you do, Mike. But one thing that frustrates me more than what you've outlined is that they've changed URLs for certain areas of the site, so bookmarks that people might have won't work anymore. That's a no-no in the world of the web!

I'm an IT guy and I noticed that as well. Many of the old links are still resident in search engine databases as well. I hit several dead links when searching for some info this morning.

It definitely needed updated. Some of the products and models weren't available anymore. I'm not sure about the whole new format or bit it may grow on me.

Oh wow,

Yeah, their new site is a major PITA and not user friendly by any means. You really have to know EXACTLY what model you're looking for to be able to find it...

They do still have barrels. Its a little square picture at the bottom of the page. I believe is says Web Store or something to that effect. I am on my Nook and it wont load the page.. too much going on with all the tabs and drop lists

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Oh wow,

Yeah, their new site is a major PITA and not user friendly by any means. You really have to know EXACTLY what model you're looking for to be able to find it...

This is exactly how I feel too. Seriously dislike it. I cant navigate it at all. How the heck are you supposed to browse the guns if you cant see them till you tell the site exactly which model you wanna see? And then, if you wanna see the next one, you have to start over again.

The new site deserves a HUGE BRAVO SIERRA award!!!

If goofy models havent turned away perspective buyers, this will for sure. I'm still hopeful somewhere in the fabric of my soul this is a residual haunt or spectre of April Fools... Stupid execs continue to muck it up. Does anyone believe for a moment they actually field tested the site in beta before it went live? Two words; No and Way! Youll never convince me, its the worst site I've ever attempted to navigate, and for real, there are some messed up sites out there! I dont get on FB anymore, but anyone who does get on there knows about FB changing the layout and format occassionally? Well, this new OFM site is way worse than when FB decides to rearrange. Its like, a stranger coming into your home and cleaning, organizing, rearranging, folding and putting away laundry... not the way YOU do in YOUR OWN HOME, but the way the stranger feels makes sense. Its like moving the silverware drawer and junk drawers, it would be like finding your favorite jeans have been pressed with a crease goin down the middle of the legs (you older gentlemen out there know what I'm sayin, and no one does this anymore!) and findin them hung up in your wifes side of the closet or somethin.

UGH!!! Have I been at all clear and will this PLEASE be passed along to OFM, tell them I hate it!!!

Itsricmo said:
They do still have barrels. Its a little square picture at the bottom of the page. I believe is says Web Store or something to that effect. I am on my Nook and it wont load the page.. too much going on with all the tabs and drop lists

Thanks, not sure how I missed it but it should have been accessible via one of the drop down menus at the top. Even when I used their search for replacement barrels it came back with no results found.

On the barrel page there are broken links, pics not displaying and database errors. Not good.

No problem! Took me the better part of 2 hours too find them.. i wanted to compare the prices direct from them too CTD and MidwayUSA. I do agree, now that i have found that page and have seen the horror.... something needs to be done!

I really hate that you go through the stupid drop down menus, finally get to "view models" and you cant view the frickin models!!! STUPID STUPID STUPID!!! I like lookin at pics to find what I want!

I'd like to make a distinction here. i love the look of the new site - the color schema, layout etc. It is the navigation that really sucks. (I know this is what everyone is saying).

Comparison:
Old site, list mutiple models in LIST FORM
New site, eventually navigate to ONE model and see result.

Old site, hit back button once and choose a new model
New site, re-choose ALL options to view ONE model

Also,
I did not look very long but it seems some stuff has been omitted from the old site. Where are the logos, where are the accessories and clothing? etc??

MikeD said:
BryanForbes said:

I'm an IT guy and I noticed that as well. Many of the old links are still resident in search engine databases as well. I hit several dead links when searching for some info this morning.

And all it would take is some simple redirects. I think Rossignol is right in saying this site was not field tested.

I think it sux. It was a total let down. I am not happy at all with the navigation. I'm offended that they have the audacity to think we would like searching aimlessly....over and over.

did I mention?...it sux.

Dude, it not only sux, it totally blows as well. I gave it a try again for the heck of it. Still blows. It frickin says to "view models" but its a total lie!!! You can see one at a frickin time!
I HATE IT OFM, I TOTALLY HATE IT!!!

Oh, and Lord help ya if you accidently hit "select" on the wrong feature and then have the new page load so you can "unselect" feature and the page loads again, then "select" what you really want to select and the page loads yet again.

It seriously makes me feel ill havin to deal with the new stupid layout and navigation. I hate hate hate and endless maze of drop down type menus annd pages that reload after EVERY SINGLE SELECTION!

I wanna curse and swear like sailor. Then I wanna drink and I wanna go to bed after lookin at the new site. Total Bovine Scatology.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDGlN6mluGA[/youtube]

Back