• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Picked up a bunch of .223 brass. Anyone want to trade?

honkey

.270 WIN
I haven't counted how much I picked up today, but I am in need of .45 acp brass and I have a bunch of .223 that I picked up thinkng that I could start collecting brass and selling it for scrap. Would anyone be interested in a trade once I count it out?

Is it all mixed headstamp or are they mostly one brand? Are the primers crimped in, such as is found on most NATO ammo? You can tell they are crimped by whether there is a detented ring around the mouth of the primer pocket.

Reason I ask is that R-P, Win, Federal, etc brass that doesn't have crimped primers avoids a lot of the work required to prep the cases for reloading. Some folks love NATO brass, some guys like non-crimped cases, and some like ALL OF IT!

Mostly one brand. The headstamp says LC and than a number (I saw 06 through 11) but there is a mix of crimped and non-crimped.

I see some WWC that is non-crimped.

That is Lake City manufacture made at the US Military Lake City Ammunition Plant, date codes are 06 (2006) thru 11 (2011). Should have a small circle with a cross inside denoting NATO Certified. That symbol separates true NATO ammunition where there is a military inspector grading every daily run of ammo and tossing the stuff that doesn't meet strict specs, from ammo that is sold saying that it is 5.56mm "NATO-style" but is in reality not intended for use by any of the current NATO armies.

Lake City (LC) brass is very high quality, American-made, and is regarded as a very reloadable component.

WCC (Western Cartridge Corporation) is a subsidiary of Winchester and is also American made brass that is very sought after for reloading.

I hope you can find a trade with someone. I have more .223 brass than I have bullets right now.

Thanks for the info! It almost makes me wish I could justify getting an AR, but I need to be saving for a wedding.

Hell, if you don't find anyone who wants that nice brass I'll still hook you up with some .45Auto brass............ :) Maybe a little bit of lead, too!

I have a bunch of 45 ACP brass I'll trade you if nitesite doesn't want first dibs on the 223 cases.

Don't know for sure exactly how many, but probably at least 100 or more in a completely full and bulging zip lock sandwich bag if you're interested. Looks like a few nickel coated cases in the mix as well

Don't have a tumbler, so they are dirty and will need it.

They've been hanging in the shop for probably 3 years and I dont' have a 45 anymore, and sounds like you don't have a 223, so I don't see why we couldn't make a swap if you wanted and it would help you out.

John A. said:
I have a bunch of 45 ACP brass I'll trade you if nitesite doesn't want first dibs on the 223 cases.

Don't know for sure exactly how many, but probably at least 100 or more in a completely full and bulging zip lock sandwich bag if you're interested. Looks like a few nickel coated cases in the mix as well

Don't have a tumbler, so they are dirty and will need it.

They've been hanging in the shop for probably 3 years and I dont' have a 45 anymore, and sounds like you don't have a 223, so I don't see why we couldn't make a swap if you wanted and it would help you out.

Awesome! Sounds like a deal to me. Want to PM me your shipping info and you can send that bag along when you recieve shipment from me?

I don't have to wait to get yours first.

I'll ship it one day this week when I'm close to the PO.

I'll PM you my address and you can reply with yours.

Did you get the bag of brass?

I sent it out a while back, but haven't heard anything back from you one way or another?

Hey John, I just sent you a PM. I did get the brass. I have been really busy at the brewery, so I decided to make use of our outgoing shipments pile, but I did not know that a brewery can not ship to a residential building. I am taking the package to the post office tomorrow and throwing in some extra goodies.

That's fine, I just hadn't heard from you and wanted to make sure you got the stuff and it wasn't MIA at the USPS somewhere LOL

Back