• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Battle Rattle

Re: 12ga Shellback Banshee PC in the works

DUDE!!! Glad to see you workin on this! Been thinkin about it off and on since you began tellin me about it!

So break down what youre workin on with the shell card system when youre able! Any advances?

Looks pretty cool man and I LOVE ATACS! Been thinkin about a ShellBack for myself here lately...

Dont know whats up with the pics...

>>

Attachments

• Banshee6.jpg
    Banshee6.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 471
  • Banshee5.jpg
    Banshee5.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 471
  • Banshee4a.jpg
    Banshee4a.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 470

OK I think I fixed the Size Issue..
I'll break it down tomorrow.

Attachments

• Bansheeflooryellowtint.jpg
    Bansheeflooryellowtint.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 474
  • Banshee6a.jpg
    Banshee6a.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 474

Rossignol said:
DUDE!!! Glad to see you workin on this! Been thinkin about it off and on since you began tellin me about it!

So break down what youre workin on with the shell card system when youre able! Any advances?

Looks pretty cool man and I LOVE ATACS! Been thinkin about a ShellBack for myself here lately...

Dont know whats up with the pics...

Oh man, I remember our talk! Did I trigger a spending spree! :twisted:
The only thing about the banshee is real estate, I almost bough a different one, the one with the no slip shoulders, but the price on this was just right. + I can run it slick if I want.

Another member started a thread with his. Not sure on his name though, he has his set up for a carbine.

:lol: Cant begin a spending spree when there is no money! ;)

Nah, just somethin I've been thinkin about...

Very cool. Next step is to get some plates. I just finished a very similar setup with my banshee. Thanks for sharing!

Re: Simple Shotgun & Rifle Training Rig

Hey K-Double U, nice PC. I'm curious, is it possible to fit two shell cards in each of those TAG-Triple pouches or are they just singles?

jimmycrackcorn said:
Hey K-Double U, nice PC. I'm curious, is it possible to fit two shell cards in each of those TAG-Triple pouches or are they just singles?

In the pouches that I have the answer is no. They do make a double mag pouch and then two will fit. One shell card is about the same size width wise as on ar15 mag. Here are some pics of shell cards from OSOE which so far I have found to be the best shell card I have used.
ibmEDhBa0PrUEE.jpg

Front view to show just the tabs stick out of the top of the pouches. The OSOE shell cards are 6 rounders.
iWXYhVwlCTRgd.jpg

And a rear shot for LES!! Big thanks for the patch!!
ibswGFmXJcBGIF.jpg

Yeah it is! Thats sweet lookin on there!

I want a "Major League Infidel" patch... Cant find em anywhere. Not even on MilSpec Monkey.

Thanks K-Dub!!!

I like that one too! I'll still be lookin for the other too!

Awesome setup KW... that paracord sling looks real nice. Did you make it or buy it ?

Also...roughly how much $$ you got into it...if I may inquire.

SHOOTER13 said:
Awesome setup KW... that paracord sling looks real nice. Did you make it or buy it ?

Also...roughly how much $$ you got into it...if I may inquire.

Thanks! I made the sling. The most expensive part are the cobra latches. They were 9.00 each. I might have no more than 26.00 in the whole sling. I bought my cord from my local army navy store for .13 a foot. I have about 70 ft in it. Very easy to do and had fun making it. I also made a collar for my dog with my left over cord.

KentuckyWindage said:
Very cool. Next step is to get some plates. I just finished a very similar setup with my banshee. Thanks for sharing!

Grabbed a cheap plate for a $150, just see how well it would work in the carrier before diving head first into the bank account for something off amazon.. If I remember correctly its a 10x12 shooters cut TAP Gamma lll+. I wandered into a police supply outlet to compare it to what they had & possibly buy a rear one..They had some really expensive plates on display but were familiar w/my gamma. I told them I wasn't too sure about it's specs/integrity coming off of amazon & all. The dude mentioned I had a really good plate for the price, he walked out back & carried on to show me the same exact plate I had w/a couple 338 Lupa Magnum's in it w/no penetration. So...I guess they are a legit plate. I always thought stopping power like that would cost more than a $150. I think I would like to place the Gamma in the back & get a multi curve advanced shooters cut for the front.

One thing I've notice with the banshee is, if you don't have something in the plate pocket & you attach anything to the pals webbing it doesnt ride tight, kinda flops around loosley because the pocket is sewn onto the outside face of the carrier. Maybe its just me being picky but, all in all it's a nice comfortable little carrier.

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Nice rig jimmy!

What knife is that, Ontario 'RAK'?

It's just Little ole Gerber Prodigy. I disco'd the sheathing from the nylon & did a handle wrap.
I had a Gerber LMF but it was about an inch bigger than the prodigy & cost about $80. The prodigy was a freeeee beeee! So I went with that because of that factor & the size factor. I couldn't find a way to mount the LMF to the carrier w/out it getting in the way of something else or getting tangled up in my SG sling. Its odd how the small size difference of an inch can make all the difference in the world when setting up one of these carriers. Still might try & run it up on left should because I want a third TACO to fill the hole.

Back