• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Battle Rattle

Re: 12ga Shellback Banshee PC in the works

KentuckyWindage said:
How are the hsgi shotgun cards working so far?

Unfortunately they aren't. I'm going to have to return them, they are either defective or just don't hold period. If I was to take my finger & flick a shell, it would just about come out. I'm on the fence about returning them though because if you look closely you will see hook & loop on the face of the TACO. The TACO doesnt come like that. The Loop is part of an molle adapter that came with the HSGI Shell Trays, it is what I based my idea off of. So if I have to return it the idea stops working. HSGI said that they were willing to work something out but I haven't taken the initiative to get the ball rolling yet.

The Shell Trays in the rear of the TACO's are Esstacs, contraire to whats been written around the net they hold 10x tighter than the HSGI's & good enough for just about any use. They hold 7rounds which makes them a little tall for this setup using the TACO's. I contacted them & they said they could make me some 6 round configurations at no extra charge. Again.. I just haven't taken the initiative to pull the trigger on it. Been busy & broke lately, thus the reason I haven't done a formal write up on this sucker.

Re: Simple Shotgun & Rifle Training Rig

KentuckyWindage said:
This site link to the TAG mag pouches that will work for two shell cads.
816297.1.jpg

http://www.tacticalassaultgearstore.com/molledoublestackedshingle6pouch.aspx

I cut the bungees off my pouches. I feel that if you run the doubles then it would be a good idea also. Hope that helped!

Oh hey KW.. Sorry for the delayed response. Thanks for the link. I think I might of seen them before & almost purchased them. I like how they their tall, look really clean & theres nothing to manipulate or snag. If you look at my banshee set up, I just wasn't sure how my shell card set up would work with them or how I could get two shell cards "dummied" in. Didn't know if the grommet would accept 4 ends of 550. I guess I could hollow out the 550 & it would work. Uggh so many options, so many after thoughts. Lol.

That's Awesome! I Love Plate Carriers.. but well out of my current price range! haha (Carrier + plates that is)

How do you like the S.O.E. gear?? I as looking hard at their Shotgun rig, but it is some expensive stuff... Worth the price?

Itsricmo said:
That's Awesome! I Love Plate Carriers.. but well out of my current price range! haha (Carrier + plates that is)

How do you like the S.O.E. gear?? I as looking hard at their Shotgun rig, but it is some expensive stuff... Worth the price?
OSOE make very high quality gear. I can't say enough good things about them. They are pricey but well worth it!

Agreed that they are pricey!! I am still considering them in my wanna-be future vest/rig :p

P02-24-13_14582_zpsef1dac46.jpg

Sorry, dont really have a great shot of the gear by itself.

This is just one loadout I happen to have a crappy photo of during one of my airsoft games but the load out sometimes does double duty. This one was really put together for airsofting only for the most part. My HSGI weesatch plate carrier and plates are for range/shtf/any other disaster situation you can think of usage only.

Pictured above. Condor Ball cap mesh back in ATACS with some Patches, HSGIs short bus door gunner and HMFIC milspec monkey on the back. ATACS Propper brand TACU combat shirt. Love it. If you've never thought about getting a combat shirt, get one. Totally worth it. Condor ATACS recon chest rig. Condor ATACS Hydration pouch. Custom Daniel Defense/Magpul airsoft gun that I put together myself. Even has a "Fakepoint" on top haha. The "La Ruse" mount is fake too but its damn convincing. Actually all of it is very damn convincing. Too bad I don't have a real steel equivalent setup exactly the same. Wish I did. ATACS Propper brand ACU cut trousers. Strapped to the leg, a Safariland 6004 Drop for a Beretta 92. (Not pictured sorry) Other leg usually has an HSGI gas mask/dump pouch but not on that particular day. ALTA kneepads in ATACS and ALTAMA US issue Jungles in Desert suede round out the package. All of this is quite useful for real steel activities as well and I have gone to the range a few times kitted up in this and got quite a stare from a few folks.

I'll try and get a pic snapped of my HSGI carrier and my bug out bag etc.... that I keep handy for serious social situations later on. The ATACS loudout was just for fun as our airsoft squad wanted to adopt ATACS as soon as it was available. Why, because the stuff is just bad ass honestly.

This will be a slow build. I'll be adding to it as I can.

This will be a multi purpose rig.
Mainly a support for my shotgun (and pistol if I ever get one)

Picked up a Voodoo Tactical Universal Vest in Multicam and the Condor 25 round shotgun reload pouch in A-TACS.

Nothing exciting but its a start.

te9uvaha.jpg

Thanks!
We talked a bit about what matches the A-TACS. In person, the Multicam is a pretty good fit. Not perfect but I think it would work well for a hunting rig.

I'm already looking the the rip away EMT pouch. I think that would come in really handy no matter the situation.

Couple of questions.

The Voodoo vest looks just like the Condor. Will the Condor Battle Belt work with the Voodoo? Looks like each vest has 5 loops and each belt has 4. Is that right?

The other question is. Are there pouches that have the hook and loop that work with the shell cards or do you just add your own Velcro?

There are a lot of older photo missing from the thread now.
How about some updates?

While I do have a few vests and packs, I'm getting more away from them.

I'm realizing that as I get older, I'm a lot more akin to a parachute than just high drag.

I'm into the very minimalist chest rigs, micro rigs these days....4 to 6 rifle mags, one pistol mag and a blood clotting agent

I like it! I think the belt should work fine, I think they're all designed for the same type belt.

I had the Camelbak vest, but recently gave it to a friend. I'm thinking of goin a different direction like a chest rig like Oli mentioned but with a plate carrier such as the Banshee or Agressor from Shellback. Easy enough to say but realistically this is well down the road.

I honestly miss the vest already so who knows! Lol

I kinda thought they would all work together but saw that extra loop.
They look so close to being the same in photos I would just about bet they were made in the same sweatshop :p

I looked at some of the smaller set ups and the plate carriers. If it were a perfect world I would have one of each.
Personally went with the vest so I could set it up how I wanted.

If I just want to go shooting, load it up with shells.
Hiking add hydration, first aid and maybe some camera gear.

If I don't have anything going on, I hope to have it set up as a kinda bug out vest.

I can see it being really easy to get carried away and really load this thing down quick. Haha.

Yep, what you're talking about, set it up the way you want for a day of shooting was my motivation also. It's modular and you can move things around to suit your needs, it's awesome!

I really liked the built in hydration in the Camelbak and used it for hunting, sometimes hiking, but most often for range days. I had hoped to use it set up for competition but never really had time to get into it.

The vests offer a lot of real estate and are relatively easy to get on and off and are generally designed to be worn over a plate carrier, so keep that in mind also, that one day if you like you can have the PC and keep the vest to don over it if ever you think you'd have a need.

It does not take long to add a lot of weight.

Especially when you start talking water bottles and loaded mags.

As I implied earlier, I'm getting more and more into the minimalist approach.

2 inch duty belt with holster and a couple mag pouches, a spare rifle mag in the old hip pocket, and I'm good.

Definately agree with the above advice. If you are a weekend warrior like myself all that weight takes it toll rapidly. Especially if you are not conditioned for it. There is a reason why service folks have to do PT regularly, that being one reason when in the field with a full on loadout.

Plates are nice insurance but damn do they wear you out rather quick. They also trap heat so it you are in a very hot climate like we have here in south central Texas and its the dead of summer you better hydrate accordingly.

Don't expect to get your rig perfect right off the bat. Many folks myself included have gone through a lot of different bits of kit just figuring out what worked and what didn't. Buy/sale/trade areas on various forums are a great way to switch swap on the cheap for that very reason. Paying full on retail for new gear gets ridiculously expensive in a hurry.

As I posted previously one huge benefit to the airsoft hobby I had for many years was to be able try out different setups in mock combat enviroments. Thank god you got a little reprieve with not needing the additional weight of actual ammo or the plates but its still beneficial running around in that crap. Plus if you don't get the cheap replica stuff but actual contract grade equipment it does double duty for both hobbies.

YMMV as usual.

John A. said:
It does not take long to add a lot of weight.

Especially when you start talking water bottles and loaded mags.

As I implied earlier, I'm getting more and more into the minimalist approach.

2 inch duty belt with holster and a couple mag pouches, a spare rifle mag in the old hip pocket, and I'm good.

Lot of opinions on this, some from combat vets, some from mall ninjas. Generally speaking, weight slows you down. A great deal of what you might want to haul around with you depends on whether or not you can rely on resupply of water, food, ammo, etc., and whether you are in a fixed location or on the move and what the scavenging opportunities might be. Tough call most times, but for a individual civilian, you won't be able to rely on resupply, or staying in a fixed location. So scavenging on the move is about all you've got left. That means staying fast, mobile, silent deadly, and invisible. Pack accordingly.

What do they say? Ounces lead to pounds, pounds lead to pain?

For a SHTF vest, I would rather have it heavy and shed what I don't need if I see fit. As a, I'm going out for the day shooting. I have to carry it some way or another.

The Condor A-TACS FG Triple Kangaroo Pouch (MA55-015) showed up today.
u2e5ezet.jpg

I have a couple more small things coming soon, then I can start to configure it all.

Back