• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

runnin' redneck or hayseed dixie?

Ttutt

.270 WIN
it started as a cheap and easy way to test new wood furniture. but its kinda growing on me...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1346814712192.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1346814712192.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 455
That's kind of cool. Did you make that stock? Is it hard to see through the scope? It looks like the stock angle would make it set really high

the other stock I made was just too low, even without the scope. this one goes a little farther than I estimated I would need, but its more comfortable. the silly part is that its all out of a pine 2x8 straight from he home depot. drilling a 12" hole in the stock was not so bad after I made a jig to help. boring a 1-1/8" hole in the forend was a different story. and, its amazing what difference a 1/64" makes. darned slide tube is 1-9/64". I ended up just splitting the top under the barrel to let it flex a little.

Thats really kinda cool in a rather interesting and unique way! I think it would grow on me too!

the best part is a detail I couldn't capture at the time. replacing the trigger group pin is a 3/16" x 2" eye bolt for a sling attachment. I needed a cheap solution to see if the paracord sling I made was the right size.

Ttutt said:
and, what? no one's heard of Hayseed Dixie?

Big AC/DC, Motorhead, Black Sabbath, etc fan here so yes, I'm quite familiar with them. I love their covers.

MikeD said:
Ttutt said:

Big AC/DC, Motorhead, Black Sabbath, etc fan here so yes, I'm quite familiar with them. I love their covers.

MikeD, I like all that stuff too, especially AC/DC! Even so, had never heard of them before now! :lol:

Rossignol said:
MikeD said:
Ttutt said:

MikeD, I like all that stuff too, especially AC/DC! Even so, had never heard of them before now! :lol:

There is a part of me that is in to the Bluegrass stuff as well. I can't remember where I first found them, but I liked it when I did. :D

We listen to alot of bluegrass too! Appalachian fiddle and banjo music... still, these guys never came up.

Back