• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Image sharing question

MikeD

I'm Your Huckleberry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
What are people using?

I've been using Photopbucket for years but lately they are really slow and buggy. I lock up constantly trying to navigate and organise my stuff.

Anyone have any other recommendations? Maybe Flickr?

I've used photobucket for years, but lately, it has given me a lot of grief too.

Freezing up, causing internet explorer to restart, making me lose what I had typed in the other window.

I've tried to edit a few pics and add my screen name text to them so I could identify any pics of mine to prevent them from being pirated, and I get the error boxes informing me that it didn't save (which means I have to repeatedly keep doing it until it does.

With all that in the open, I remember reading a popup on their site a while back that they are about to change stuff around again, I hope for the better, so I am going to try to be patient and give them a chance to fix their issues.

If I continue to have trouble, I'll switch to something else too before long.

John, those are the exact issues I'm having with them. It's frustrating the heck out of me.

I've been just uploading my pictures to walgreens and i can link them to a site or i can print them... and if you get a coupon printing is usually very affordable! I think the lowest i paid was 4.5 cents a picture.

I've been using imgur for a long time. I have no problems what so ever. and it's real simple to use...

John A. said:
Freezing up, causing internet explorer to restart, making me lose what I had typed in the other window.

Well, there's your problem: quit using IE and use something decent ;) (and I'm only half joking). I've been using droplr.com for a while. I like it because they have apps for OS X and iOS that integrate well. There's a Windows app as well.

I have been using Photobucket with no problems. I was having issues with my pics no fitting the page properly but that has since been fixed. I was the error though :)

Thanks for the info.

I have Flickr and Photobucket Pro - neither has given me any trouble. I use Flickr for free for web posts and weed it occasionally. I subscribed to Photobucket Pro so I could have a common family album - gave the PW to the members of the clan(s) and I occasionally organize it to keep it useful.

I thought about losing Photobucket but for $3 a month IIRC the family really seems to like it.

All my editing is done in advance I have a the Adobe CS suite and Premier Elements for video.

I have the same issues with photobucket. I like the new editing stuff, but man, is it really even worth the lag, the lock up, the freeze, the gettin booted out and havin to restart or reopen my browser?

Heck, I dunno. I've been thinkin bout lookin for somethin else too.

I've been doing my photo editing and resizing (<100Kb) with PhotoShop Elements 5.0 (pretty old software) and then saving to photobucket for the actual forum links. Works perfectly and it is fast and easy. Photobucket has not let me down once but I don't demand very much from it.....

Since I joined MO, I've been using imgur.com. Pretty easy to use and haven't had any issues.

I may try imgur. I don't do much editing on PhotoBucket, just the act of uploading and copying the link is causing the browser to lock up.

MikeD said:
... just the act of uploading and copying the link is causing the browser to lock up.

I really thought it was just me or my computer, but yeah, its doin the exact same thing here!

Back