• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500/590 Aftermarket Stock OPTIONS

How can I reduce the recoil on my Tactical Persuader?

I shot my Mossberg 500 Practical Persuader for the first time today. I quit shooting after 5 shots because my shoulder was so sore.

How can I reduce the recoil on this gun that already has the ATI Adjustable Stock on it?

I came across the ITT Shot Shock. But I think that requires additional parts. Anyone know if that's right?

I also saw someone mention the Limbsaver recoil pad, but then I heard it may not fit this gun.

Re: How can I reduce the recoil on my Tactical Persuader?

i would try a lighter load , a lot of people think you haft to shoot 00 buck the bigger the better but that is not all ways the case when it comes to shotgun loads .

Ati also makes a recoil reducing stock. It's adjustable as well, but has springs inside to absorb the recoil. Also....limbsaver makes several sizes of pads.

Before you go buying new stocks and adding limbsaver pads and such, tell us about your grip. Are you utilizing a push/pull grip?

Mossberg 500 Cruiser with Hogue 12"LOP and Limbsaver ?

Hi All, I just bought a Mossberg 500 Cruiser with 20" Barrel and Mag. ext. It came with a Blk synthetic stock that was to long for me. I also want to reduce felt recoil. I bought the Hogue 12" LOP Blk. syn. Stock. That seemed a little short, but after reading on MO, I ordered a small Limbsaver slip on. The slip on Limbsaver was recommended many times in threads and posts on Mossberg Owners Forum. I put the Limbsaver on over the old recoil pad. After several presentations it appeared as though the Limbsaver shifted and moved. Any suggestions?? Did I do something wrong? Is there a screw on Limbsaver that fits the Hogue stock? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Guys

Re: Mossberg 500 Cruiser with Hogue 12"LOP and Limbsaver ?

Cant help ya on this one buddy. I dont use the limbsaver, but we'll try and keep this up at the top so the other guys see it!

lazyeye- I know, It seems as though numerous on the board have not had that problem. I will post a pic soon. Thanks!

I don't know what to tell you. I tried my Limbsaver on the Hogue with the Hogue pad removed. It was sloppy and the LOP was to short. I put the Hogue pad back on and the Limbsaver over it. Nice fit and no slop. It doesn't seem to move around at all. Maybe call Limbsaver. Did you get the small size? Mine has part number 10546 on it.

carbinemike said:
I don't know what to tell you. I tried my Limbsaver on the Hogue with the Hogue pad removed. It was sloppy and the LOP was to short. I put the Hogue pad back on and the Limbsaver over it. Nice fit and no slop. It doesn't seem to move around at all. Maybe call Limbsaver. Did you get the small size? Mine has part number 10546 on it.

Yup, its the10546. I will call limbsaver tomorrow. Thanks for your help.

I see that several guys like the ATI 6 position recoil reducing stock. I may have to look into that.

Newer Speedfeed Stocks For Mossberg 500

Okay so I haven't seen these before, and there is very little information other than the manufactures explanation on MidwayUSA and google.

They are regular/conventional style stock with room for 4 extra shells, 2 in each of the twin tubes behind the pistol grip. One its A-TACS and the other is MultiCAM which is why they stuck out too me because I have only ever seen Black SpeedFeed stocks:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/127511 ... etic-atacs

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/835889 ... c-multicam

Pretty nice looking but a little pricey for the style of stock. I have never owned a speedfeed though, so maybe it is worth it!

Re: Newer Speedfeed Stocks For Mossberg 500

That's actually not too bad a price considering it's a stock + forend set...

Okay! Like I said, I really haven't had any experience with SpeedFeed products and pricing. I read a few reviews that older stocks have problems with the springs pushing the recoil pad out, but the newer stocks have been reinforced and no longer have that problem.

I would like to get my hands on one of these to try, but I would like a lot of things :) haha
MultiCAM would go good with hunting :)

You can find the standard black stocks for around $80, but those camo sets look pretty nice. I'm a little partial to the A-TACS myself.

Nice find...

I live in a pretty heavily wooded area so the Multicam would be more practical for usage. I do love A-TACS everything though! haha if I lived in a more suburban or desert/dry area, I would definitely be considering the A-TACS instead.

You know of any snow/winter/white molle?

Back