• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Nordic Magazine Tube Doesn't Fit

snakdoc

.22LR
I just got a new magazine tube clamp for my mossberg 930 spx. I orderd through a company that in bold print says if you are placing this on a mossberg 930 spx order this part #BCL-xx-32-MB. Well to my luck I tryed to install and the screws will not even pass between the barrel and the magazine tube. So now I am stuck with a brand new part that doesn't fit the gun it's supose to. Any ideas.

snakdoc said:
I just got a new magazine tube clamp for my mossberg 930 spx. I orderd through a company that in bold print says if you are placing this on a mossberg 930 spx order this part #BCL-xx-32-MB. Well to my luck I tryed to install and the screws will not even pass between the barrel and the magazine tube. So now I am stuck with a brand new part that doesn't fit the gun it's supose to. Any ideas.

Does the company know that there are different spec's between first and third generation barrels? Can you not just return it?
Best...

I would contact the company but if not contact Nordic Components directly.

well I calledthe company where I bought the nordic magazine clamp today.Explained what was going on.He states that he has sold several of these clamps for the 930 with nordic components magazine tube with no problems.They gave me nordic's tech phone number to call them to see what was up.Called but they were closed.Company where I bought clamp said they would look into this on monday an call me bacl.Will have to wait and see what happens.I tryed to fit this on my remington 870 and it fits perfect.So if this part I end up being stuck with at least I can place it on my other shotgun.

snakdoc said:
well I calledthe company where I bought the nordic magazine clamp today.Explained what was going on.He states that he has sold several of these clamps for the 930 with nordic components magazine tube with no problems.They gave me nordic's tech phone number to call them to see what was up.Called but they were closed.Company where I bought clamp said they would look into this on monday an call me bacl.Will have to wait and see what happens.I tryed to fit this on my remington 870 and it fits perfect.So if this part I end up being stuck with at least I can place it on my other shotgun.
Called Nordic and speak with Ryan ... guys is awesome customer service and explain to him. Maybe he might enlighten the idiots that you've dealt with

I think I know the problem. Is your barrel the heavy wall barrel?
It is probably the older clamp made for the older barrel diameter. The thicker barrels don't play well with the clamps. You can get the updated clamp from Nordic, or you can do what Nordic does yourself.
Put a large socket in the clamp and pinch it. I called Nordic and this the fix if you don't want to wait for them to send you a new one.
I don't remember the size socket that I used, but I believe if you look through my posts I've got the info on here somewhere.
ETA: The distinction on the part number to order is probably the retooling that Nordic did for the threads that were changed. Then OFM came out with a new heavy barrel, and that was another change. Two things that you need to keep in mind when ordering the Nordic stuff for the 930 platform.

Back