• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Accessories...

Re: ERGO Tri Rail ??

Yup, some people are gonna be like that no matter what.

Yeah man, lookin forward to those pics!!! I dont mind the competition, bring it on suckah!!! :D

Haha it just may be some competition! For once.. haha I am thinking on getting some Camo dipping stuff to camo dip it... either of you have any experience with this stuff? Would look really cool I think! May just do it to the hold wood stuff since no one wants it.. but tempting to do too the MOE and AFG stuff!

Still haven't heard from SEE ALL btw... getting annoyed

https://www.mydipkit.com/index.php?main ... 4bf487c269

Don't knows anything about camp dipping. Just rattle can spray bomb!

Nah I want the camo dip, I did use Krylon to change my plan Stevens stock to something a bit nicer. But everything is already OD Green.

Rossignol.. you steered me wrong sir... I need the 4865s (for short). Regardless of which nut I have, ERGO said that the newer models are fitted better to the tube and nut so I would need the shorter forend for the shorter slide... lol I got stuck with $8 return shipping...

:shock: What what what!?

Since when I wonder? There are several of us here who use the ERGO railed forend and not one among us yet has needed the short one, and those with the short action slide tube have used the extention nut except for John I suppose... I'm perplexed and I'm sorry, I have no explanation.

What does your action slide tube measure? Did the forend fit tight, did it run past the threads?

I have the Hogue and ERGO 4865 and both fit fine without issue and the forends are bothe made for the same length action tube.

lol Just jerking your chain! :)

My tube measures 6-5/8". I have the short tube for sure. The railed forend fit VERY snug to the slide tube. It fit so tight that the nuts, neither the adapter or OEM nut, wouldn't fit inside the forend. When talking to the ERGO technician, he said the Short forend is a bit wider and would allow for the nuts to fit in side. The rail is extend past the threads on my slide as well. If I could have gotten the adapter nut (for hogue forend) to fit inside, it would have worked very well to tighten everything down.

I give ERGO a HUGE +1! They picked up immediately, transferred me to the exact person I needed and than, Arney, the ERGO Technician knew exactly what part I had in hand just from my explanation and knew exactly what part I needed! Good guy if you get him to talk too, very friendly and extremely helpful! Told him over the phone too that they get another HUGE +1 for making a part so damn sturdy! I tried and tried and tried to pull the forend open just a little but too get the nut in.. didn't budge a bit

UGH!!! Sorry dude, this is the first I've heard of anyone encountering this kinda problem... dang thats frustrating!

Especially since ERGO's site says that a forend measuring 5 13/16" is the 4865s and the 6 15/16 tube is the 4865. Havlin's shows something a little different though, so now I'm confused and I HATE misleading people... I think I see where the difference is though now.

Man, I really am sorry.

Like I said, no big deal! Just jerking your chain! :D Problem should be getting solved as soon as Brownells refunds me lol MidwayUSA has the 4865s for the same price and I will be trying that out! Pictures will be on the way once I get it together!

I did however receive my Magpul Rail Covers and Larue Tactical Hand stops: They both get a great initial impression rating! Fit the rail just right and match my MOE Stock and Hogue PG perfectly!

Re: Mossberg 500 Pump Action Forends

i need help , i bought a Mossberg 500 Black Water pistol grip shotgun and want to put on a foregrip with rails on it . i took it apart and on the foregrip the action rails seems to be made to the factory foregrp , so does that mean i can not change them out ?

Midwest, it can be changed out, but you would need to purchase the action slide tube assembly as well.

The action slide tube is what standard forends are fitted too and can be purchased from Havlin Sales, Brownells, and Midwest to name a few.

thanks man . now that i found them which size do i need to order since mine did not have that style ? it says to measure the old one to get the correct one , my grip is 8 inches in length so my guess is the 7 5/8 one but would like to be sure .

Yep, you got it man! The 7 5/8 will do ya nicely!

The other day I bought a Surefire G2X (200 lumen) tactical flashlight. I wanted a simple way to add this lite to my Mossberg 500 JIC Cruiser. Found on what looks like a good website, Shotgun Tactical 500, an ATI Shotgun Tube Barrel Mag Ext / Flashlight Holder for only $12.99 w/free shipping. I have, still NIB, an ATI Talon Tactical 6 position Shotgun Stock (w/Scorpion Buttpad and Recoil Pistol Grip). So, I thought why not, for $12.99 earlier today ordered an ATI lite holder.

http://www.shotgun500tactical.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=ATI-SMC1100-

Any thoughts on either the Surefire flashlight, the 500 Shotgun Tactical website, the ATI Talon Tactical Stock, or ATI lite holder?

Edit: Oops, maybe my reply should have been posted in the Weapon Mounted Tactical Light / Laser Topic Section? :oops:

positioning light clamp?

My light system (the cheapie from Tacstar) uses a clamp that can be attached to either the barrel or the magazine tube. It seems easier to have the clamp on the left side of the barrel with the butt of the light (where the switch is) just forward of the forearm, so I can hit it with my thumb without taking my hand off the slide. I don't use the remote momentary switch. Is there any reason why it's better to put the clamp on the mag tube instead?

Re: positioning light clamp?

I have mine runnin inline with the mag tube and in front of the forend pushed as far forward as it will go just to reduce shadow from the barrel as much as possible.

I suppose if you went to the magazine, like below the magazine, its possible there would be more shadow and the light will be farther away from your sight line. I dont know how much difference that makes though and I'm just guessing about the shadow, but it would suck if youre using the light for target ID and the shadow falls across what youre ID'ing.

My mount is actually right in between the barrel and magazine, but the clamp holds it lower and runnin with the magazine as I mentioned above.

Ok, if I'm "into the whole brevity thing" I say mount to/keep the light as close to the barrel as possibe and in a position to activate the switch comfortably and consistently! ;)

With possibly the exception of a SBS and a Surefire forend/light combo I think lighting on a shotgun is a very difficult thing for most people to deploy. The long LOP, the fact that you have to activate the pump yet still get to the light activation method, and the shadow created because of placement all are challenging factors. IMO, the best solution is a remote activation switch but then that introduces its own set of challenges as well, especially on a pump. I have yet to find what I feel is a perfect and effective way to mount a light.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I'll find some pics of mine for better reference. Not gonna go as far to say its perfect, but it works really well and with very little shadow. I'm also using a remote switch...

Back